FORUMS

[Q] Hard Reset Instructions Needed (No Display Available)

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By talontsi07, Member on 18th February 2011, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If someone could post detailed instructions on how to hard reset (via vol up/dwn/power buttons) the surround it would be much appreciated.

What I am looking for specifically is were the instructions say "Follow the instructions on screen"

My display is not working but I would like to hard reset it to c if that will help or at least get all my personal stuff off before i send it back.
18th February 2011, 07:02 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I used Windows Live "Find My Phone" to Hard Reset it also I believe you can do it from Zune also.
19th February 2011, 05:45 PM |#3  
Flag Maple Valley
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
1. Turn off or pull the battery/replace battery.

2. Hold both volume up and volume down keys

3. Press the power on button and continue to hold vol up/down keys for about 10 seconds past the vibration.

4. Press volume down once more to erase.

It should reboot on its own after that, but if not pull the battery again and reboot. The reset process only takes a few seconds at most once you press volume down, so if you don't see any screen after that assume its dead and wiped. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdj67f For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kdj67f Ad-Free
3rd April 2011, 08:49 AM |#4  
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 2,012

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdj67f

1. Turn off or pull the battery/replace battery.

2. Hold both volume up and volume down keys

3. Press the power on button and continue to hold vol up/down keys for about 10 seconds past the vibration.

4. Press volume down once more to erase.

It should reboot on its own after that, but if not pull the battery again and reboot. The reset process only takes a few seconds at most once you press volume down, so if you don't see any screen after that assume its dead and wiped. Good luck.

Thanks for that post man, I know someone that just got the HTC Surround yesterday and I know I will be the one to do any tweaking or moding to it. This kind of info is just what I come to these forums to find. Got to love XDA.
3rd April 2011, 08:37 PM |#5  
Flag Maple Valley
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Thanks for that post man, I know someone that just got the HTC Surround yesterday and I know I will be the one to do any tweaking or moding to it. This kind of info is just what I come to these forums to find. Got to love XDA.

It's only because I have wiped my surround many times... I am on my third one now. Long live XDA!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)