This build is the exact copy of my RAFDROID HD EXT
the difference is that some parts of the system are "squashed" to give you the possibility to NOT USE any Ext partition for data.
I dont like squashedfs, but someone requested an hd build with some free space on nand (about 50mb) because some one not install a lot of apps and prefer to not use sd ext partition.
This build is mainly for EU HD2 (512mb) users.
If you are an HD 1024mb user really you dont need this, and you can use my main HD build
All the main features of RAFDROID HD EXT plus:
- odexed back to save dalvik cache space
- free user space after first boot: 101mb
- App2SD enabled if you use and SD with an EXT partition
3.2.1 - 3 MAR 11 Fixed Market FC 3.2- 3 MAR11 Some improvements and fixes to radio/audio driver, this "should" fix phone freeze in some setups, also if I was not able to replicate the issues Tweaked for more battery life on some sd cards usage Updated hosts file with last one 3.1 - Initial release
=== INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (CWR) - NEW USERS WITHOUT CWR INSTALLED OR WITH CWR BUT USING ANOTHER ROM ===
This process will erase everything on your nand. So, if you are already using a previous rom, backup everything!
- Download PANASONIC SD FORMATTER and use it to format your card with FULL ERASE
- You need to flash MAGDLR 1.13
- You need to flash, via USB FLASHER magdlr option, this recovery partition layout, otherwise the build will not boot.
- Download the FULL RAFDROID PACKAGE and copy the entire zip (not extracted!) on the SD CARD root.
- Put the SD CARD in your phone and power it on and go in the MAGDLR menu (hold the power key while powering up)
- Select BOOT AD RECOVERY
- Click on INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD and then CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD
- Select the FULL_RAFDROID_HD*******.zip that you downloaded before.
- Select "Yes - Install........" and wait for installation then Go back with power button and select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
- First boot can take up to 20 minutes. If you are stuck on white screen with HTC logo just wait. If you hear boot sound more than one time, you had a bootlop and something has gone wrong. Delete everything, reformat your SD card, read again the instructions and try again.
- When you see the lockscreen, give at least 5 minutes to settle. Then do all your settings and then reboot again
- Remember: if you want to avoid Data Corruption always choose SHUT OFF and not reboot!
=== INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (CWR) - UPGRADING FROM A PREVIOUS RAFDROID VERSION (2.2 or greater) WITH ALREADY CWR INSTALLED===
Since the data storage method is different, you cannot upgrade from a different RAFDROID HD version. You have to install fresh. Anyway you will keep your data and apps installed.
============ CONFIG.TXT ============
Used some ideas and code bits from Dandiest's init script.
You can create a config.txt file on the root of your sdcard to configure some things at boot.
Actually you can configure the following options
check http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/@ for country codes (example: it for italy, us for usa.. and so on...)
ppp_mode=[1 or 0]
1 to enable PPP
0 to enable RMNET.
Default is 0
If wince=1 default ppp_mode will be 1
old_light_driver=[1 or 0]
0 to use the new light driver (working notification leds, button backlight control)
1 to use the old light driver (no notifications leds, buttons will go off after 10 seconds)
default is 0
auto_btn_backlight=[1 or 0]
1 to have the buttons backlight going off/on with the screen
0 to have the buttons backlight going off after 10 seconds from when the last button is pressed
default is 1
this work only if old_light_driver=0
wifi_mac_change=[1 or 0]
1 tells the system that you will need to change the wifi mac address to a custom one
0 tells the system that you will use the wifi mac address based on device hardware
here you have to write the wifi mac address you want.
This is needed, and will work, only if you specify wifi_mac_change=1
If you not write any mac address here, the default 00:11:22:33:44:55 will be used
Just an example on how a file could look:
Code:gps_zone=it ppp_mode=0 old_light_driver=0 auto_btn_backlight=1
The init script will also create an init.log file on your sd card at every boot. This will help you and me with debugging if something not works fine. If you have issues please always post your init.log file when reporting your problem.
============ KERNEL ============
You can refer to my kernel thread for updates, changelog, and comments============ SQUASHED FILE SYSTEM ============
App, Framework and most of Lib folders, are squashed.
Anyway you can push or delete any file from those folder because any file is simlinked.
Example: if you want to use a different framework-res.apk, you can copy it in the /system/framework folder. At this point the simlink will be removed and your new file will be stored on nand, not in the squashed filesystem. This means that more "new files" you push in the squashed folders, less nand space you will have.
Anyway please note that I left only about 13mb free on "system". This means you will not able to push more then 13mb files. If you like to change a lot of things.. this build and squashfs is not for you.
============ DOWNLOADS ============
You need to flash, via USB FLASHER magdlr option, this recovery partition layout, otherwise the build will not boot.
Full Rafdroid HD 3.2 LIGHT SQ
3.1 : http://www.multiupload.com/X8VBC6WKYV
============ DONATE ============
I made this version just for people that were asking, so if you think this helps you, a small donation for a coffe or a beer, is appreciated. Otherwise a click on the "thanks" button is appreciated too
============ CREDITS AND THANKS ============
Credit to all the people that made all this possible: Cotulla, DFT, darkstone, markinus, danijel, rajko and some one other I'm missing...
Big Thanks to Cass, ocm, darkstone, rajko, crawlingcity, atoore for their help in the last months and to be always available to help
Thanks to all the users who donated and helped me to keep going
Thanks to all the testers and users of my builds that with their reports helped me to solve bugs and issues.
Thanks also to Sergio76, imilka, cmylxgo for the nice talks and knowledge sharing