21/6/2011] ForgetfulGuru made a nice GTX-modification of the weather forecast widget. You can find it here.
Weather forecast widget v2 is finished after long testing. It shows 4-day and 5-day-forecast both vertical and horizontal.
CHT_rat_weather_Library has a corrected v2 and a version for the HD Mini. There was a doubled entry in it (thanks to mike2nl for the tip). The HD Mini version is the result of intensive testing by BHSInterceptor. Thanks for this and for his everlasting support. Installing: You can use the cab, but say no to requests for soft resets during the installation process until the end, then you can. Or use the file in the zip and copy it to the windows directory overwriting the old file. EDIT: Sorry to all who downloaded v2.cab, please use v2.1.cab. It was the false installation directory.
LG weather clock widget version 1.4 is mostly the version for the new installation process for the weather widgets (see below). But it has also a new function (picture in post 3):
- Left button shows the last update time, press it for weather update.
Weather forecast widget. Look in post 3.
Please read the installation and deinstallation instructions for both widgets!!!
[25/2/2011] LG weather clock widget version 1.2 has two bug fixes:
- AMPM doesn't update,
- false manila name for a background image.
EDIT [26/2/2011]: Because of a failure in the cabbing process v 1.2 contained still the files of version 1.1. Take the new v 1.2b.
[23/2/2011] The new LG weather clock widget version 1.1 has some fixes and two new features:
- all remaining references to the original manila images are substituted. So you can use your own modded weather image files without interfering with this widget.
- new date form yyyy.MM.dd
- AMPM Problem for scripts with non latin letters solved.
- a workaround for the accuweather link for "my location". It uses now instead of the accuweather code the name of the city in the URL. So if the name is unique the link leads to the detail side else to a list of the cities with the same name.
You can install this cab over the installed version. But ignore the restart request at the deinstallation message of the old widget in the installation process!!!
When I saw the first pictures of the LG Optimus I was fascinated by the impressive weather widget. So when Sony_Ericsson_X10 posted the android LG Optimus weather/home widget it was my intention to port this to WinMo/Manila. Because CHT is a really nice platform for developing such things you get a CHT Widget.
The widget is an enhancement of Co0kie's weather widget. It uses what you get in Manila/Sense. So there is no "real feel" field like in the original widget. Also the accuweather link works only for the citys in the word clock list, not for "my location". I will post later an explanation of the structure and the changes. Here now a little description:
- Instead of changing some weather icons here the whole background image changes.
- The animations are adapted manila ones.
- It has four layers: two date forms with or without background.
- Tap on the clock for the worldclock view, tap on the weather for the manila weather tap.
- For cities of the world clock list you can tap on the right button for the accuweather details. It starts the web browser.
- For all Anastasia fans there is an Anastasia background. Install the widget and then the Anastasia Addon cab.
Because the widget contains over ninety files (background images, clock numbers, modificated weather images) it is nearly 7 MB!
For working a reference in a library (3a8e04af_manila) had to be added. That's no problem during use. But if this file is included in the widget (v. 1.0 - 1.2), then you have problems at deinstallation. So I took another installation approach. A modified 3a8e04af_manila is now in the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab. It has to be installed only once before the new widgets. The widgets don't contain the library. So you can install and deinstall the weather widgets like any other widget. The modificated library is still there and doesn't disturb any function of CHT.
So the new installation process is:
- install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab, say yes to all prompts.
- install any or both of the widgets (LG version 1.4 or higher, weather forcast 1.0 or higher), say yes to all prompts.
the new deinstallation process is:
- use the deinstallation procedure of WinMo, say yes to all prompts.
If you already use the LG Weater Clock widget v. 1 - 1.2 I recommend you to deinstall the widget (see below) and use the new version.
In the old versions (1 -1.2) this file will be deleted at deinstallation. That's why if you deinstall these old widget versions, don't, DON'T soft reset during the deinstallation. Tip "No" at all prompts asking for soft reset. Then install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab. Now you can soft reset.
The left button is still blank. In the original widget there is an update function. Another possibility is to show a weather forecast. I'll look into it. EDIT: left button is used by the update function. For the right button I think about adding some other weather links (also a free text field with the cityname at the end). And the four day forecast layer of the new weather widget will be integrated in the LG widget.
Manila/Sense on many (cooked and stock) ROMs with many versions is sometimes very fragile. So you do this on your own risk. I hope, it works well, and will do what I can for all with troubles. But please make a backup before installing!