FORUMS

[Widgets] rat_2665's CHT 2.0 Weather Widgets ( 06/06/11 Forecast widget v2)

613 posts
Thanks Meter: 200

By rat_2665, Retired Recognized Developer on 21st February 2011, 06:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

News

21/6/2011] ForgetfulGuru made a nice GTX-modification of the weather forecast widget. You can find it here.

06/6/2011]
Weather forecast widget v2 is finished after long testing. It shows 4-day and 5-day-forecast both vertical and horizontal.

[27/3/2011]
CHT_rat_weather_Library has a corrected v2 and a version for the HD Mini. There was a doubled entry in it (thanks to mike2nl for the tip). The HD Mini version is the result of intensive testing by BHSInterceptor. Thanks for this and for his everlasting support. Installing: You can use the cab, but say no to requests for soft resets during the installation process until the end, then you can. Or use the file in the zip and copy it to the windows directory overwriting the old file. EDIT: Sorry to all who downloaded v2.cab, please use v2.1.cab. It was the false installation directory.
[6/3/2011]
LG weather clock widget version 1.4 is mostly the version for the new installation process for the weather widgets (see below). But it has also a new function (picture in post 3):
- Left button shows the last update time, press it for weather update.
Weather forecast widget. Look in post 3.
Please read the installation and deinstallation instructions for both widgets!!!

[25/2/2011] LG weather clock widget version 1.2 has two bug fixes:
- AMPM doesn't update,
- false manila name for a background image.
EDIT [26/2/2011]: Because of a failure in the cabbing process v 1.2 contained still the files of version 1.1. Take the new v 1.2b.

[23/2/2011] The new LG weather clock widget version 1.1 has some fixes and two new features:
- all remaining references to the original manila images are substituted. So you can use your own modded weather image files without interfering with this widget.
- new date form yyyy.MM.dd
- AMPM Problem for scripts with non latin letters solved.
- a workaround for the accuweather link for "my location". It uses now instead of the accuweather code the name of the city in the URL. So if the name is unique the link leads to the detail side else to a list of the cities with the same name.

You can install this cab over the installed version. But ignore the restart request at the deinstallation message of the old widget in the installation process!!!

LG Optimus Weather Clock widget

When I saw the first pictures of the LG Optimus I was fascinated by the impressive weather widget. So when Sony_Ericsson_X10 posted the android LG Optimus weather/home widget it was my intention to port this to WinMo/Manila. Because CHT is a really nice platform for developing such things you get a CHT Widget.

The widget is an enhancement of Co0kie's weather widget. It uses what you get in Manila/Sense. So there is no "real feel" field like in the original widget. Also the accuweather link works only for the citys in the word clock list, not for "my location". I will post later an explanation of the structure and the changes. Here now a little description:

- Instead of changing some weather icons here the whole background image changes.
- The animations are adapted manila ones.
- It has four layers: two date forms with or without background.
- Tap on the clock for the worldclock view, tap on the weather for the manila weather tap.
- For cities of the world clock list you can tap on the right button for the accuweather details. It starts the web browser.
- For all Anastasia fans there is an Anastasia background. Install the widget and then the Anastasia Addon cab.

Because the widget contains over ninety files (background images, clock numbers, modificated weather images) it is nearly 7 MB!

Deinstallation

For working a reference in a library (3a8e04af_manila) had to be added. That's no problem during use. But if this file is included in the widget (v. 1.0 - 1.2), then you have problems at deinstallation. So I took another installation approach. A modified 3a8e04af_manila is now in the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab. It has to be installed only once before the new widgets. The widgets don't contain the library. So you can install and deinstall the weather widgets like any other widget. The modificated library is still there and doesn't disturb any function of CHT.

So the new installation process is:
- install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab, say yes to all prompts.
- install any or both of the widgets (LG version 1.4 or higher, weather forcast 1.0 or higher), say yes to all prompts.

the new deinstallation process is:
- use the deinstallation procedure of WinMo, say yes to all prompts.

If you already use the LG Weater Clock widget v. 1 - 1.2 I recommend you to deinstall the widget (see below) and use the new version.

In the old versions (1 -1.2) this file will be deleted at deinstallation. That's why if you deinstall these old widget versions, don't, DON'T soft reset during the deinstallation. Tip "No" at all prompts asking for soft reset. Then install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab. Now you can soft reset.

Further development

The left button is still blank. In the original widget there is an update function. Another possibility is to show a weather forecast. I'll look into it. EDIT: left button is used by the update function. For the right button I think about adding some other weather links (also a free text field with the cityname at the end). And the four day forecast layer of the new weather widget will be integrated in the LG widget.

Disclaimer

Manila/Sense on many (cooked and stock) ROMs with many versions is sometimes very fragile. So you do this on your own risk. I hope, it works well, and will do what I can for all with troubles. But please make a backup before installing!
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to rat_2665 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rat_2665 Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 06:39 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
For a first overview look at the attached zip. It contains the workspace and some additional files of the widget kitchen. A basic list of the files and the structure is in the manila files LG weather clock widget version1.txt file. I will extend this post later.

Edit: the workspace for version 1.4 is added.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rat_2665 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rat_2665 Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 06:39 PM |#3  

More
Quote:

Weather Forecast Widget

[06/06/2011] The version 2 of this widget is the product of much testing by mike2nl, BHSInterceptor and me. After several installing issues we agreed to remake this widget step by step and so simple as possible. So it doesn't contain Mrhayami's layer, the (now static) background is from Co0kie's weather widget , the weather image library is also from Co0kies'weather widget and the days of week are always in English, because they are from the accuweather data. But not all is a step back, you get now also vertical layers. I hope it will solve some of the issues we noticed.
DEINSTALLATION: If you use Co0kie's Weather widget and this widget at the same time and want to deinstall one of these, please do not restart Sense in the deinstallation process by windows, but copy the manila file in the Co0kieWeatherComponents.zip into the windows directory of your device (with Resco Explorer or Total Commander) before restarting.

[13/03/2011] EDIT: Please copy the new xml file for CHTS into the windows directory ( in the CHTWidget_CHTW_rat_2665_Weather_Forecast_xml.zip). There was an error in it, so CHTS didn't work. In the next version it will be corrected.

This weather forecast widget is a cooperation between mrhayami and me. For a long time I've been trying to develop a simple weather widget, that uses the Sense weather basics without success. Then mrhayami really gave me a crucial advice (not only for this widget but also for the LG Weather widget), we tested together and he integrated his own layer (the left layout) into this. The other two layouts are like the Sense weather tab . What else you get:

- six layers: a five day forecast with today with and without background, a four day forecast without today (like in the Sense weather tab) with/without Background and little stripes between the days and mrhayami's layout.
- If you tip on the widget, it updates the forecast. Last update time is to be seen in two layouts.
- Resizing is possible. In max scale layout 1 and 2 fits the size of the screen.
- It uses only the Sense weather values, images and animations. So every mod of the Sense weather images is also to be seen in this widget.

Installation!

The change of the library 3a8e04af_manila in CHT caused and will cause permanent trouble in updating the widgets. Because the new weather forecast widget uses the same concept as the LG widget I took another approach for both widgets. The modified 3a8e04af_manila file is a separate cab that has to be installed only once before both widgets. The widgets don't contain the library. So you can install and deinstall the widgets like any other. The modificated library is still there and doesn't disturb any function of CHT.

So the new installation process is:
- install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab, say yes to all prompts.
- install any or both of the widgets (LG version 1.3 or higher, weather forcast 1.0 or higher), say yes to all prompts.

the new deinstallation process is:
- (for version 1) use the deinstallation procedure of WinMo, say yes to all prompts.
- (for version 2) if you use Co0kie's Weather widget and this widget at the same time and want to deinstall one of these, please do not restart Sense in the deinstallation process by windows, but copy the manila file in the Co0kieWeatherComponents.zip into the windows directory of your device (with Resco Explorer or Total Commander) before restarting

Please make a Backup before you install this widget. It digs deeply into Manila and with the varying mods and manila versions there is everytime the chance it doesn't work with your present outfit. Hope we can find solutions, but a backup is really helpful.

In the next post I will add some explanations.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rat_2665 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rat_2665 Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 06:40 PM |#4  

More
Here are the workspaces of the widgets. You can find all the images, lua scripts and mode9 files there. A list of all the manila files is also included. If you use Co0kie's devmode you can test the widget with these files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rat_2665 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rat_2665 Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 08:01 PM |#5  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Hi Rat_2665,

As always, another Fantastic work my friend, great 3D effect, its looks terrific!

Thanks for sharing

Best regards
21st February 2011, 08:17 PM |#6  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat_2665

Disclaimer

Manila/Sense on many (cooked and stock) ROMs with many versions is sometimes very fragile. So you do this on your own risk. I hope, it works well, and will do what I can for all with troubles. But please make a backup before installing!

when i try to instal message is unespected error i try both instalation on phone memory and storage card same result. i have hd2 wm 6.5 1.66 rom manila 1921 whats up
21st February 2011, 08:24 PM |#7  
Flag Omaha NE
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Once again, amazing work! Can't wait to get home and try it out!
21st February 2011, 08:30 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzobec

when i try to instal message is unespected error i try both instalation on phone memory and storage card same result. i have hd2 wm 6.5 1.66 rom manila 1921 whats up

Install it only on the phone. The CHT widgets don't work when installed on the card. Can you post a screenshot or send me a PM?

To all: I'm also interested in messages of successful installations (especially in the start phase )
21st February 2011, 08:44 PM |#9  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot1.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	524097
wow! great job rat! many thanks! works without errors
21st February 2011, 08:56 PM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks Meter: 2,595

More

Very nice work , thankyou so much rat

@mzobec, did you download using the new Opera 10.3? try to download with other browser, it happend also to me ....
21st February 2011, 08:58 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Hiding out south of the border...
Thanks Meter: 1,470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzobec

Do you actually have Cookies Home Tab 2.0 installed on your phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cht, clock, weather, widget

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)