Below are the steps that I took to made this rom, you can ignore it if you are not interested into know how to cook system.img or hack a rom.
I basically added the root files to the system.img and change ro.ril.hsxpa=1 inside of the build.prop file to ro.ril.hsxpa=3 to make hsupa work, edit the customize/CID/default.xml file and change <item name="unknown_sources_visibility">false</item> to <item name="unknown_sources_visibility">true</item> to enable the sideloading option in settings, no need to flash any custom radio or kernel.
Here's how to do it:
- Download the RUU
for the stock rom.
- Open the RUU you downloaded, wait for the screen that says Welcome to the Rom Update Utility to come out, but don't flash yet!
- Navigate to the temporary folder and locate rom.zip, which is a file that the installer extracted. I found it by navigating the folder with the most recent Date modified.
- Copy rom.zip to some other folder. This is the zip file which you can use on the phone to flash back to stock.
- Extract android-info.txt and system.img from rom.zip and put system.img in a place where Linux can access.
Right now for the cooking part linux is required. I used Ubuntu to do it.
sudo mkdir /mnt/system
sudo mount -o loop,norelatime /path to/system.img /mnt/system
update ro.ril.hsxpa to 3 to enable hsupa
You also need the root files busybox, su, and Superuser.apk, which can be found at ace-hack-kit-v002/tools/root
cp /path to root files/busybox /mnt/system/xbin/busybox
chmod 4755 /mnt/system/xbin/busybox
cp /path to root files/Superuser.apk /mnt/system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 644 /mnt/system/app/Superuser.apk
cp /path to root files/su /mnt/system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /mnt/system/bin/su
(update <item name="unknown_sources_visibility">false</item> to <item name="unknown_sources_visibility">true</item> to enable the sideloading option in the menu.)
Right now you have a cooked system.img
- extract all files from rom.zip, replace system.img with the one we just cooked, then put all the files back to a new zip named PD98IMG.zip.