Official StreakDroid Website:StreakDroid.com
I HAVE REMOVED FRING SUPPORT FROM THIS BUILD FROM NOW ON, IM SICK OF WASTING 2 DAYS FIXING THE FRAMEWORKS TO ALLOW FRING TO WORK, IF YOU WANT FRING SUPPORT GO COMPLAIN TO THEM (@FRING ON TWITTER ALSO)
This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 1.7 Zip File!
( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)
PERFMOD IS NOT enabled by default in this version, had some reports of stabily problems but their is now an installer option to reenable it if you wish, if you choose not to enable the installer will automaticly trasfer your data back to save a reset
also lots of other little tweaks been added
1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :
With 1.8, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )
Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -
A.Rebel SIM Compatibility : Users who previously downloaded the NOBB version of the file may now simply select the option by typing it into the text file before flashing the Zip. Please note that Rebel SIM users are still required to manually Fastboot flash the 2.1 8105 Baseband for compatibility.
B.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.
C.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI.
D.Other Settings : Other settings available include -
( flashes the A Modified kernel with louder volume hack ),
( installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client ),
( installs Teetermod edit to get HTC Teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density )
(installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)
( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )
(this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)
1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO
A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).
B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.
C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.
E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :
adwlauncher volboost tabmail bios
You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.
! The full list of Options available are as follows :
noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher and removes the default gingerbread launcher launcherpro - this installs launcherpro and removes gingerbread launcher stageui - this installs dells Stage UI and removes the gb launcher density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default transparent - restores the 1.5.3 transparent statusbar, which is partially disabled by default nobaseband - installs the required libs for using a rebelsim volboost - flashes a new super volume boost kernel - now with per page tables kgsl(3d) tweaks, may break gameloft games) tabmail - installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client teetermod - installs teetermod edit to get htc teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120) us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140) us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160) us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180) us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200) us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240) bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast. gbkb - installs Gingerbread keyboard instead of stock keyboard, this will cause force close in dictionary settings perfmod - Enables the 1.6.1 Perfmod Option, disabled by default due to possible problems novolnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support and normal volume levels - fixes some gameloft games volnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support AND VOLUME BOOST - fixes some gameloft games tabletphone - installs the modified dellstreak7 dialer, this causes a graphical bug in recent calls list but works fine 161font - restores the fonts from 1.6.1
1.Download update-1.8.1.zip from the links below
2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card
3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above.
4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt
5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery
6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > update-1.8.0.Zip
7.Wait for installation.
8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.
Most Recent Version: v1.8.0
Accelerometer is dodgy at times but I cant pin down the issue - usually going into Settings > Display and toggling Auto Rotate on and off fixes
Version 1.8.1 AKA Bug Extermination Edition
• Reverted Some changes due to stability
• Reverted the 1.5ghz kernel due to issues with wifi.
Version 1.8.0 AKA Chernobyl Meltdown Edition
• Reverted back to some of the older libs due to the random bugs
• Added honeycomb music player as default
• Tablet Phone App looks much nicer
• Updated honeycomb music
• Added new kernels and install options
• Added adhoc wifi support
• Added slight changes to statusbar
• Reverted to stock phone app due to issues with streak7 one, moved streak7 dialer to installer option instead, this has some graphical bugs but works fine
• Added new kernel with 1.5GHz Overclocking Ability !!!! - this may prove unstable so dont use permanently, 3d may also not work at full clock speed - not certain if it is actually overclocking to that speed either
• Added option to restore the fonts from 161 in installer
• Fixed the huge settings icons
Version 1.7.0 AKA HD7 Edition
• Replaced some aging libs and frameworks with new ones from dell 322 offical, probably fix some audio issues
• Fixed HDMI output (see note below)
• Added GScript
• Removed Perfmod by default due to some instability discovered
• Added New Keyboard and Langs from official 322 build
• Updated all apps to latest
• Fixed transparent notification bar to new icons etc
• Fixed kang-o-rama live wallpapers
• Updated stageui to version from streak 7 (no huge changes though)
• Slackerradio from streak 7 added
• Removed live wallpapers that are not full screen
• FRING FRONT FACING CAMERA SUPPORT HAS BEEN REMOVED PERMANENTLY, START ARGUING WITH FRINGS DEV IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS
• Rebuilt theme from scratch, works better now, removed borked batt percentage,
• Changed fonts to much nicer looking one
• Added microbes live wallpaper
• Added fards tweaked libskia libs to fix some websites dying
• Hopefully vplayer is now fixed
• Facebook sync confirmed working
• Tweaked the browser and phone icons to match gb theme .
• Finally managed to fix the phone app in lcd densitys other than 160 - thanks to the dell streak 7 dump for this
• Added an auto transfer feature to move from 1.6.1 with perfmod to stock 170 without
• Reverted Some 3D Tweaks made in 1.6.x causing Gameloft games to fail
Version 1.6.1 AKA ITS OVER 3 THOUSAND
• Updated libs to fix oovoo
• Updated volboost kernel to new version
• Fixed some installer issues
• Added gopus battery icon, modified colors
• Made settings > about > System Update work for updating streakdroid roms (yes you can check for updates direct from your streak
• Added a Noswype installer option to remove the preinstalled swype
• Added zeam launcher
• Fixed fc's in settings
• Added HEAVILY Tweaked Performance Mod data2ext Tweak, using just the streaks internal sd card now no need for changing things on external sd
• Added an option to install gingerbread keyboard instead of stock keyboard - dictionary settings force closes with gingerbread keyboard installed
• Added Live Wallpaper From Nexus S
Version 1.6.0 AKA Install-o-Rama
• Added heavily modified advanced installer thanks to kang-o-rama mod for nexus one.
• Changed theme to add black statusbar due to transparancy issues
• Fring support available through installer
• Transparancy available through installer
• Changing lcd density available via installer
• Baseband/nobaseband via installer
• Re-enable old louder volume kernel
• Teetermod via installer
• Enable galaxy tab email client via installer
• USA region settings in build prop via installer
• New kernel with some perf changes, cfq reenabled
• Bios animation bootscreen chooseable via installer
NOTE: for HDMI to work you must run gscript and load the 2 files from your memory card (the rom will of created a gscript folder containingthem) then run the hdmi output on script before trying video, once you are done either reboot or run the hdmi off script
this is due to one of the performance tweaks interfering with hdmi
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful - any amount is appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate
Rom Download Links:
Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/update-1.8.1.zip
Mirror 1: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djs...date-1.8.1.zip
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE TO THE BELOW BASEBAND FOR 1.5.1+
Baseband File Download:
Primary Download Site: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/amss.mbn
Mirror 1: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn
VPN USERS: TUN.KO IS INCLUDED IN THE ROM ALREADY - LOOK IN /SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES.
if you have NOT already flashed the dell 2.2 pkg or my 720p fix you need this to fix 720p video - otherwise ignore
flash this using the fastboot command fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn
Everyone for suggesting things they want adding
Kang-O-Rama Rom Maker for nexus one for allowing me to use his advanced installer
omca & xplanet hosting for providing additional mirrors
ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all
android-roms for the mirror
Vinokirk for helping diagnose and sort out 2.1 baseband ril support and gps
Andycap & fards for providing modified Gps.conf
homeiss forthe excellent upgrade/downgrade guide
everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.
everyone else who helped/is helping
ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!
also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful - any amount is appreciated
GBP Donate | USD Donate