FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Epic video camera = junk.

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By endurance1, Senior Member on 24th February 2011, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all, id just like to say, i love my epic, however.... i had it for almost a month and today i tried the video camera which is supposed to be good... right? Well unless im doing something wrong, it looks like crap. If anyone is moving fast it has a HUGE trail behind them. Is there something i can do to fix this issue? i have everything on max settings.

24th February 2011, 01:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,668

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurance1

First of all, id just like to say, i love my epic, however.... i had it for almost a month and today i tried the video camera which is supposed to be good... right? Well unless im doing something wrong, it looks like crap. If anyone is moving fast it has a HUGE trail behind them. Is there something i can do to fix this issue? i have everything on max settings.

I haven't tweaked any settings and it's perfectly fine. Try deleting the Data under Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Camera > 'Clear Data'.

See if it works better that way. My playback is incredibly high quality and I don't touch any settings.
24th February 2011, 02:21 AM |#3  
Flag Jersey!
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Strange I've taken quite a few vids with my Epic and never had that issue. In fact they generally turn out quite well.
24th February 2011, 02:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Green Bay

More
do this: wave your hand infront of it and see if you can see the tracers.... thats waht im talking about... so for instance, if i record someone breakdancing or something else that they are moving fast, its ALL tracers and looks terrible. P.S. that didnt work
The Following User Says Thank You to endurance1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift endurance1 Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 02:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
If u updated your phone yesterday to froyo that is what's causing it
24th February 2011, 02:32 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Green Bay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptoniteman

If u updated your phone yesterday to froyo that is what's causing it

for real? wtf... yeah im running the eb13 ext4 with the OC kernal... so how would i go about fixing this? downgrading back to dk18?
24th February 2011, 02:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Yeap people are downgrading back to DK18 but I like froyo too much so I will wait for the fix
The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniteman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kryptoniteman Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 06:47 AM |#8  
Flag Palmdale
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Yup, I would say screw that, and just downgrade back to Froyo dk28, it's what I have and until I see some decent roms with EB13 I will probably stick with DK28 until, I was OC'd with Genocide too, but that causing my phone to freeze sporatically,.

So I say stick with a dk rom.
24th February 2011, 06:56 AM |#9  
Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There is absolutely no reason to"upgrade" to eb13 until there are some good custom roms. I'm running viper trinity with genocide kernel and my phone flies with no issues whatsoever. Why would I want to"upgrade" to a stock rom with evidently lots of bugs?

I say hold off, let these great devs work their magic, and then flash a true "upgrade."

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
24th February 2011, 07:14 AM |#10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Which camera App?
I have found the camera on the Epic to be very inconsistent. Sometimes the photos look great, rivaling a good point-n-shoot. But, other times, it's just not sharp. It doesn't help that the lens sticks out and seems to get dirty just from holding the camera.

Has anyone found a better camera app?
24th February 2011, 02:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
I was able to record a basketball game...and even zoomed in all the way and out while recrding while they were running and there was absolutely NO blur. It was buttery smooth.

Infact, whenever someone watches a video on my phone, they ALL say "...wow....your phone takes really clear vids!"

Unfortunately tho, I don't see that being the case anymore if I take a video in lowlight
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)