- Wrap the entire front panel using one solid piece of vinyl, pre-cut prior to installation using templates - including the cut outs!
- Cut out out the front camera hole, the speaker, the proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and the status indicator light - then trimmed down the bottom with the microphone port - all prior to installation so as not to scratch the screen!
- Wrapped over the excess on the sides to enable a better grip of the phone since the 3M Di-Noc material is TEXTURED just like real carbon fiber, then cut a relief cut on the edge of the screen so the vinyl could wrap successfully around the edge, went around it a bunch with the heat gun to seal it all up
- Cut out the volume buttons but left the panel over them - we'll see how long it lasts in my pocket, but I heated it pretty well to ensure it wouldn't lift....
- Wet sanded the back cover to remove the AT&T logo, the "HD VIDEO" text by the camera, and the word "blur" next to the Motorola logo for the ultimate in clean....
And now for the pics......
You can see higher resolution pics by going to my album on Picasa:
Now remember.... I am not taking any commissions on doing this to your phone, sorry.... the other vinyls available on eBay will just have to do because this stuff is too expensive and this was too time consuming to do for any customer, plus, I am NOT soliciting my services on here to do it, so don't ask! I do this professionally and install the material, I do NOT sell it for you to buy. Google it if you want this for yourself, but expect to spend well over the 2 hours this took me to do if you don't have any experience. Don't forget your heat gun and X-Acto knife with lots of fresh blades!
Again, all the buttons function exactly as they did from the factory. I have NO issues with this, so don't try and bash this concept because you think the buttons don't work - if they didn't work, I wouldn't leave this on! FUNCTION over FORM
What do you think? Better looking that my Captivate? Yeah, I think so too.... I am a carbon fiber junkie - if this isn't your thing, that's okay! I appreciate you being able to appreciate my hard work on the day after this phone was officially released!