FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Honeycomb boot animation

367 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By robertd0619, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just wanted to post the honeycomb boot animation. It looks nice on our samoled screen. http://db.tt/8rVfJLw enjoy!

Preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol7H4...e_gdata_player

Use root explorer to push the file to system/media. If you want to save yours just rename your bootanimation file.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to robertd0619 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertd0619 Ad-Free

25th February 2011, 01:25 AM |#2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd0619

Just wanted to post the honeycomb boot animation. It looks nice on our samoled screen. http://db.tt/8rVfJLw enjoy!

Use root explorer to push the file to system/media. If you want to save yours just rename your bootanimation file.

Uh, can we see what it looks like? Video, gif, link....anything?
The Following User Says Thank You to mainevent3405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mainevent3405 Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 01:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag MARYLAND

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent3405

Uh, can we see what it looks like? Video, gif, link....anything?

Link for preview posted on my 1st post. I'm just reposting this from androidcentral. It was for droid x but works just fine on our vibrants.

25th February 2011, 01:53 AM |#4  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
It looks good. Easy push install via Root Explorer as well. Anyway to resize image aspect ratio tho? The images in the bootanimation.zip are longer, width wise, whereas our Vibrant screens are longer height wise, causing the boot animation to stretch and distort to fit the screen.

Still an awesome port tho. Thanks for this!

*Correct aspect ratio preview*

*Stretched aspect ratio preview*
View youtube link in OP.

---
Current Phone: Samsung T959
Current Carrier: T-Mobile US
Current ROM: Bionix-V v1.2.1
Current Kernel: Dragon Kernel 5.0 w/ OC 1.2 gHz
Current Theme: Honeycomb v3
Current Recovery: Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (Voodoo Ver.)
Voodoo: Enabled
Latest Quadrant: 1816
The Following User Says Thank You to atwon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atwon Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 10:22 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
If you dont mind I have already corrected the screen by editing the desc.txt file.

Screen size fixed, 480x800 portrait

I had 2 built this morning one with a bee and one without, but they were 25 and 28 megs... Way too big. I didn't realize the images could be smaller than the screen size and then could be blown up to fit the screen with the txt file. I can add one with the bee also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zul8er For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zul8er Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 10:38 AM |#6  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Awesome job! I was just about to try this myself. Nice to see community effort on here

Current Phone: Samsung T959
Current Carrier: T-Mobile US
Current ROM: Bionix-V v1.2.1
Current Kernel: Dragon Kernel 5.0 w/ OC 1.2 gHz
Current Theme: Honeycomb v3
Current Recovery: Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (Voodoo Ver.)
Voodoo: Enabled
Latest Quadrant: 1816
25th February 2011, 05:42 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag MARYLAND

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul8er

If you dont mind I have already corrected the screen by editing the desc.txt file.

Screen size fixed, 480x800 portrait

I had 2 built this morning one with a bee and one without, but they were 25 and 28 megs... Way too big. I didn't realize the images could be smaller than the screen size and then could be blown up to fit the screen with the txt file. I can add one with the bee also.

Thanks for this. i was going to mess with it last but had a late night at work so didn't get chance. im a give this a try. hit the thanks button for ya.
25th February 2011, 08:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
@zul8er... I tried yours and its still stretched out on my vibrant

25th February 2011, 09:28 PM |#9  

More
What do you mean stretched? Like it looks to be stretched to fit the length of the screen?? That is how it is fit. You can go into the desc.txt and change it if you want. Just changed it to fit our screens. The first post was just a direct rip from the Droid X post on Android Central. So the dimensions were 480x852 I believe. You can also take this bootanimation.zip and change the images to landscape with MIR and re-package them to lose the scrunched look. That is what I am going to do tonight. But anyway, here is one with the bee before the honeycomb animation.

preview. The animation is weird because the preview doesn't read the txt file when creating the gif. When put on your phone it will fit screen.

Download
Honeycomb animation with bee
The Following User Says Thank You to zul8er For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zul8er Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 09:52 PM |#10  

More
Well ok. I created a landscape version of both so it doesn't look scrunched up. It looks great in the previewer.

Download landscape version.
No bee, just honeycomb animation

With bee, and honeycomb animation

CWM FLASHABLE THANKS TO SHORTY ON TEAM WHISKEY
Bee version CWM Flashable thanks to Shorty!

Honeycomb CWM Flashable (No bee version)

**Edit**
Just put the landscape version with the bee and it looks much better

Thanks to linknight for figuring out the white flash problem. My computer puts a thumbs.db in my folders for some reason, he removed it and now no more white flash. I removed them now from my zips, and he has some also on page 5.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zul8er For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zul8er Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 10:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
@zul8er....

Just replaced with the new one (no bee) and it looks great! Best boot animation I've tried so far... this one's a keeper.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)