FORUMS

so um.. videos?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By randytheshiv, Member on 25th February 2011, 04:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ive tried 3 movies so far. monsters vs aliens, toy story 3, and v for vendetta. all mp4 1080i bluray rips. all i get is choppy and soundless. any suggestions or work arounds?
25th February 2011, 05:00 AM |#2  
Flag Delray Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randytheshiv

ive tried 3 movies so far. monsters vs aliens, toy story 3, and v for vendetta. all mp4 1080i bluray rips. all i get is choppy and soundless. any suggestions or work arounds?

Same here with 720p and 1080p MKV. tried several. No sound and choppy. I don't even know what formats work. Video playback needs a lot of work.
25th February 2011, 05:04 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
you think it'll be a quick kinda thing? i used to have an epic and it tore those mkvs apart with pure awesomeness. i think proper video playback should be necessary for a tablet.
25th February 2011, 05:04 AM |#4  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I Read Somwhere that this is Tegra 2 Problem. Somthing about having trouble rendering high profile Videos.
25th February 2011, 05:07 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsexD

I Read Somwhere that this is Tegra 2 Problem. Somthing about having trouble rendering high profile Videos.

No its software, I was able to play a high quality 720p mkv perfectly on my tablet today; however the audio didn't work. If it can do the video, it can do both. Its a software issue.
25th February 2011, 05:11 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Southern California
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Yeah, I was excited for HD Video while on my plane rides almost weekly. Nothing but choppy and no sound. Horrible!!
25th February 2011, 05:12 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
i like software issues. that means, hopefully, an easy fix is on the way. i see alot of otas in the future.
25th February 2011, 05:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
This is not a software issue. The tegra 2 cannot handle the bandwidth required for h.264 high profile. This is a known limitation.
25th February 2011, 05:18 AM |#9  
Flag Delray Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randytheshiv

you think it'll be a quick kinda thing? i used to have an epic and it tore those mkvs apart with pure awesomeness. i think proper video playback should be necessary for a tablet.

It is absolutely horrible. I doubt a quick fix but hopefully something will be done. I can say if you do not own a Xoom and high quality playback is important to you, do not buy it until something is done. I refuse to convert everything to something that works. Hell, my Samsung Captivate phone can play these same files flawlessly.
25th February 2011, 05:20 AM |#10  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsexD

That's correct. Same chip as the GTAB, the Adam, the VEGA etc. Sounds like the same issue with high profile videos. GTAB owners have been dealing with this for months, sorry to burst your bubble.

This chipset limitation is allegedly the reason why Boxee dropped the Tegra 2, last year. Use the excellent "mediainfo" to check your h.264 videos - if it's listed as high profile, it will choke (especially at 1080p).
25th February 2011, 05:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I am considering purchasing the xoom my local BB has plenty in stock, i travel a lot and watch a lot of videos while traveling

i currently have an Archos 101 which by the way plays everything i throw at it flawlessly, so maybe i'll wait and see if the video playback gets better after some roms begin to appear
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)