FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Manually launching Webtop

631 posts
Thanks Meter: 196
 
By dew.man, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well guys, this works for me with just the HDMI cable plugged in:


UPDATE

use this command instead:

/osh/etc/init.d/startX.sh

It does not freeze your phone screen.


Quote:

/osh/usr/local/bin/webtop-restart

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dew.man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dew.man Ad-Free
 
 
25th February 2011, 03:08 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Excuse my ignorance, but what do we do with that file.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
25th February 2011, 03:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag White Lake
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendoe91z28

Excuse my ignorance, but what do we do with that file.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

You execute it!

That program allows us to run the Webtop without a dock.

Connect the HDMI cable to a TV/monitor, and launch that problem - either in ADB or in Terminal. It will fire up the webtop desktop on your screen. Keep in mind that you will need a bt keyboard to interact with the phone at that point as the webtop completely takes over.
25th February 2011, 03:23 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Vilano Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
If it winds up being this easy, people will lose their minds.
25th February 2011, 03:24 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Doesn't seem to work for me with just the hdmi cable plugged in.
25th February 2011, 03:25 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag White Lake
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legider

Doesn't seem to work for me with just the hdmi cable plugged in.

Are you doing it as SU? Also, try plugging in USB power - that's all I did and it popped right up!
The Following User Says Thank You to dew.man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dew.man Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 03:34 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Haven't had my coffee, forgot about SU. Working great now!
25th February 2011, 03:39 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man

You execute it!

That program allows us to run the Webtop without a dock.

Connect the HDMI cable to a TV/monitor, and launch that problem - either in ADB or in Terminal. It will fire up the webtop desktop on your screen. Keep in mind that you will need a bt keyboard to interact with the phone at that point as the webtop completely takes over.

And how do I execute it, deal Liza dear Liza and How do I execute it dear Liza and how?

I found it in root explorer, but execute is not an option.
25th February 2011, 03:43 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Easiest way is to get a Terminal Emulator.

Gives yourself root access through "su".

Then run the command, "./osh/usr/local/bin/webtop-restart" in the terminal.
The Following User Says Thank You to legider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legider Ad-Free
25th February 2011, 03:53 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legider

Easiest way is to get a Terminal Emulator.

Gives yourself root access through "su".

Then run the command, "./osh/usr/local/bin/webtop-restart" in the terminal.

I can confirm this worked. It launches webtop. I haven't tried bluetooth keyboard/mouse yet, but I assume it will work.

So excited to play super mario tonight. I've been waiting for this since the Evo came out and disappointed many with its HDMI out.
25th February 2011, 04:05 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
When the HDMI is connected... does the phone screen also show the picture or is it just o/p to the hdmi ?

anyway to make it work just on the phone without HDMI ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes