FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Sprint sph p100 stock firmware RECEOVERY: last resort.

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By gordesky1, Senior Member on 25th February 2011, 10:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok i decided i post what i did to recovery my sprints tab from a bad kernel flash that i didn't install clock work recovery, I thought my tab was a lost cause which i even chatted with hsn were i bought mine at for a replacement which would've took up to 30days.. So awhile i wait for that i decided to try and get it working till i get the prepaid label lol

Matter what i did it kept getting stuck at the samsung screen and couldn't get into recovery but download mode work luckly. i tried all kernels listed and it still got stuck which at the time i thought my tab was bricked or semi brick.

What i did is keep searching for the stock firmware which was hard to find but i found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41#post9753941

Heres a direct link http://www.multiupload.com/WDKOUJSM2G
Thanks to ZoinksS2k for the tab sprint no modem firmware

And downloaded the stock no modem firmware the modem one is listed too but it will kill your gps and 3g might not work so i just did the no modem one.

So i downloaded it and odin was package with it and i couldn't get it to detect my tab in download mode ony when the tab was off it detected it..

So i tried heimdall and at first i couldn't get it to flash the start button was grayed out because i was putting the tar file into pda/code so i open the tar file and found factory.rfs param.ifs and cache.rfs and dbdata.rfs so i loaded all thoes in the heimfall boxes and than loaded the stock zimage which is in the tar too.

And than i flashed and saw the samsung screen and it went right pass it and played the samsung splash screen so i knew i was getting somewhere so it got stuck on the next samsung screen again.. So i turn it off and hold home button and volume up button than i push the power button and hold all 3 buttons till i saw the samsung screen and i left go the power button and the stock recovery loaded right up

So i did the wipe data/factory reset and i also did the wipe cache data just in case but im sure just the factory reset would work, And i restarted the tab and it went pass all screens and it loaded android!!! And everything was working 3g wifi gps and everything else.

So hopefully this guide will help others as a last resort if you ony get the samsung screen and download mode ony,If you get the receovery than just do the factory wipe.

This is worth a try first than sending it back to samsung and having to wait too get your tab back It sure saved me from having to send it back too hsn or samsung.

If you want you can thank me if this help you for providing the info
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gordesky1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gordesky1 Ad-Free

26th February 2011, 02:16 AM |#2  
Flag Long Beach, Calif.
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Gordesky,

Any idea how to go back to stock firmware + stock modem and all that from using the voodoo kernel? I have CWM Recovery 3.0 working.
26th February 2011, 02:33 AM |#3  
Flag Long Beach, Calif.
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Because, after going into Voodoo CWM Recovery, using wipe data/factory reset still keeps the kernel that I installed on - which is what makes my camera screwy.
26th February 2011, 02:55 AM |#4  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 22

More
If you want to go back to fully stock then follow his instructions and flash the stock kernel from the Zephyr thread. I actually am in the same boat as the OP and followed his instructions and now I'm fully back to stock.
26th February 2011, 05:42 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yep just do what I said which the tar file also have the stock kernel too.

Right now im on the voodoo kernel which works perfect except that cdrom problem but camera works for me so im gonna still with.this kernel so far. It seems the new sprint update doesint work right with the voodoo kernel problaby why I dont have any problems because I didint install the sprint update.

So when you go back too stock and want too give the voodoo another try dont install the sprint update when it asks you too, And everything should work other than the sdcard cdrom problems, Which I can deal with till it gets fixed because I do love the speed of this voodoo kernel
And the sound
26th February 2011, 01:15 PM |#6  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thank you gordesky1 for posting your experience because I was going through the exact same thing and I was at a loss as to how to resolve it. Unfortunately I did install the update but I'm pretty sure if I flash the same files again that I will go back to the original rom if that's necessary. The big problem with that is that the exchange fix in the update was something i was waiting for =\ so I think i'm going to wait and see if some of these issues are fixed in the next update but I wonder if we have to get Boushh a Sprint tab though =\ every day I curse myself for not getting a t-mobile or at least a Verizon tab *sigh*
1st March 2011, 10:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
No problem

Ya tell me about it... Bad thing for me is the sprint was my ony option which i got it because hsn were i bought it from had a flex pay on this tab which they ony have the sprint tab, and at the time i couldint pay 400 or 600$ right out. And i also got a 3years warranty on top of it from them even if i break it or drop it anywere which i pretty much got for free because they made a mistake at first with some software

The other tabs have cheaper 3g too like 5gb for 15 too 30$ a month.. But so far sprint is treating me good and the 3g has been stable so far and pretty fast loading webpages and can usely watch a youtube video but dont want too use up my monthy usage lol i usely use up too 500 too 600mbs max out of 2g and i useit every day and even download apps with it when im not near a wifi spot and listen too pandora too so i was suprized i didint get close too the 2gb limit yet.

Hopefully this thread will help more and save them from having too send it back too samsung or were they got it from, i know how it feels not having this tab which i use everyday at work.
5th March 2011, 07:04 PM |#8  
Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I knew not to flash the modem from the restore package posted but when I tried to restore I used the .pit and the .tar. Failed at modem. So, being dumb I flashed the modem file. ugh.

Now I know all you need to do is flash the .tar, nothing else, no pit.
21st March 2011, 03:10 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Your Post Saved Me!!!!!
10 characters
22nd March 2011, 02:23 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Your welcome and glad it helped I figure it was worth posting sense it brought my tab back too life which i thought i would've had too sent it back and waited a month or so, And wanted others too get there tab back too life with out playing the wait game which i really hate .. lol
22nd March 2011, 12:48 PM |#11  
Flag south east
Thanks Meter: 2

More
this worked! I was able to get rid of CWM, my tab is 100% stock again! thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)