FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[21.MAR.11][SD] RAFDROID HD 4.2|Fastest Full DesHD [MAGDLR/WINMO][K: Rafp 1.9 OC]

1,334 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,232

By rafpigna, Retired Recognized Developer on 26th February 2011, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

4.2 - SD
Due to numerous requests, I ported my NAND build to be used also with SD, booting it via MAGDLR or WindowsMobile (Haret)

...: FEATURES :...
Quote:

• 1.84 base Deodexed and Zipaligned
  • RMNET/PPP Selectable via config.txt (boot via WMO only PPP)
  • Multilanguage and full chinese handwriting support.
  • Rooted (SU app + SU binaries)
  • AdFree
  • AutoAPNs
  • 5mpx camera with face recognition + 800*400 camcorder
  • HSDPA, GPS, Bluethoot, WiFi all working
  • % battery icon and status bar icons changed (use original framework-res.apk to go back to stock attached in 2nd post)
  • fonts changed (use original fonts to go back to stock attached in 2nd post)
  • Enhanced Shutdown Menu
  • WiFi MAC Fixed
  • Working HTC-SENSE.COM, HTC-HUB, HTC-LIKES
  • Working HTC Headsets using my kernel
  • Working notification LEDs
  • Working Streaming Video
  • Working Flash Player, No more browser crash
  • Support config.txt to tweak boot options
  • Modified shutdown android process to cleanly unmount data partition and avoid data corruption.
  • EXT3 Filesystems to improve data safety and speed.
  • Personal tweaks to I/O to have the most fast full hd build you ever seen
  • Fast, Fast, FAST!....... FAST!
  • Tweaked to be stable, battery efficient and good for daily use.
  • REMOVED APPS (you can install them from market or use the package in second post):
    AdobeReader.apk
    Facebook.apk
    GoogleMaps.apk
    Quickoffice.apk
    SoundHound_freemium.apk
    Street.apk
    Talk.apk
    Twitter.apk
    VoiceCommander.apk
    YouTube.apk

...: WHAT IS NOT WORKING :...
Quote:

• HTC E-Reader (removed)
  • Weather could be buggy for someone. If its so for you, try the fix in second post

...: CHANGELOG :...
Quote:

Code:
4.2 - 21 MAR 11
- Fixed Flash player in websites via modified app to not let the market to update it (credits: cmyxlgo)
- Fixed Camera, now no more FC in sharing (credit: aread22, pyrorob)
- Updated ad-free
- Improved data stability
- Improved ppp
- Cleaned system from unuseful stuff
- Optimized and zipaligned again
- Updated to Rafpigna 1.9 OC Kernel, with EB support

4.1 - 12 MAR 11
New base TELUS 1.84.661.1
new kernel rafpigna 1.8 OC
updated gmail
updated market
updated flash player so you will have no more erros (dont let the market to update it!)
updated busybox to 1.18 stable
modified init and init.log to have better debug informations
zip align of all apps on boot to improve speed, ram, and battery drain
updated some driver and libs for better stability
updated all languages including Serbian and handwriting languages
MMS sizes 300kb, 600kb, 1024kb (default 300kb, choose size in the sms settings)
reduced freeze a bit when installing apps from the market
some other small fixes and tweaks I forgot
Reverted to radio drivers from 3.2 for better data stability
Fixed a typo in init causing some issues with data and booting
Fixed some drivers dependencies
Some fixes on some parts of the system to improve stability and speed.
Some other small fixes

3.2.2 - 02 MAR 11
Fixed path issues

3.2.1 - 02 MAR 11
Tweaked booting process to be more compatible
added possibility to change wifi mac address
added another method to boot from a different folder
fixed update installations

3.2 -> first release

...: REQUIREMENTS :...
Quote:

• MAGDLR 1.13 or WINDOWS MOBILE
  • FAT partition as first partition and PRIMARY on sd card, otherwise will not boot
  • A little bit of brain to read the instructions and dont post questions until you did at least a search in the thread

Quadrant @ stock speed ---- Quadrant @ 1,5ghz
(click on the images for bigger size)

...: INSTRUCTIONS :...
Apart from the below instruction you can see also the COLOSSUS_R tutorial HERE
Quote:

1. Download the build 7z file
  2. Extract the whole "Android" folder in the root of your sd card. This means you have to extract not only the files inside the folder, but the folder itself!
  3. If you are coming from a previous version and you want to keep your data and settings, dont overwrite the userdata.img file and keep your old one.
  4. Create, inside the folder, a config.txt file based on your needs (see below for instructions). If you dont create one, the default values will be used. Anyway you can create it also on second or any next boot. Some users experienced boot issues with config.txt created with windows notepad. Try to use Notepad++ and select "Conver end line character" to UNIX in the "Edit" menu, before save.
  5. When creating txt files, make sure your Windows is setted up to show extensions also for known files. Otherwise will happen that you will create files like "something.txt.txt" because you dont see the last .txt
  6. If it will not boot after you follow the instructions, read post 3
FOR WINDOWS MOBILE BOOT:
  1. First of all modify the config.txt file in your build folder, with wince=1 or you will be stuck at bootscreen.
  2. Boot Windows Mobile, open file exploer, browse to your sd card and the android folder, tap on CLRCAD.exe (nothing will happen) then on HARET.EXE and wait the boot
  3. First boot will take about 5-10 minutes depending on your sd card speed.
  4. If you hear the bootsound more than one time, you have boot-loop.. something has gone wrong. Read again the instructions, check the md5/sha1 of downloaded file, start all again from scratch.
  5. Once you see the unlock screen, dont touch your phone for 5 minutes.
  6. After the 5 minutes, unlock the screen, do your setup.
  7. When on the sense home screen, wait again 5 minutes without touching anything.
  8. long press on the power button and shutdown the phone
  9. Boot again
  10. Again wait 5 minutes on the lock screen, then unlock it.
  11. Go in settings -> audio -> and disable audible touch tones to avoid robo voice or phone freezes.
  12. Enjoy.
  13. If you want to change the build folder from "Android" to "Anythingelse" just open the startup.txt and add this line: set cmdline "rel_path=YourFolderName"
  14. Folder name must not contains special charactes like . , ! | and so on...
FOR MAGDLR BOOT
  1. Please note: If you want to change the build folder from "Android" to anything else just create a "rafdroid.txt" file on your sd root with the following text inside it: rel_path=YourFolderName
  2. Folder name must not contains special charactes like . , ! | and so on...
  3. Boot in MAGDLR powering on your phone while you press the power button until MAGDLR appears.
  4. Select "SERVICES"
  5. Select "BOOT SETTINGS"
  6. Select "AD SD Dir"
  7. Select the "ANDROID" folder or the folder where you dropped the rom.
  8. Now select "BOOT AD SD" and wait boot
  9. If you hear the bootsound more than one time, you have boot-loop.. something has gone wrong. Read again the instructions, check the md5/sha1 of downloaded file, start all again from scratch.
  10. Once you see the unlock screen, dont touch your phone for 5 minutes.
  11. After the 5 minutes, unlock the screen, do your setup.
  12. When on the sense home screen, wait again 5 minutes without touching anything.
  13. long press on the power button and shutdown the phone
  14. Boot again
  15. Again wait 5 minutes on the lock screen, then unlock it.
  16. Go in settings -> audio -> and disable audible touch tones to avoid robo voice or phone freezes.
  17. Enjoy.

...: CONFIG.TXT :...
Quote:

A config.txt is included in the build folder. It has currently only the "wince=0" option, so you have to change it according to your needs.
Some users experienced boot issues if they create/modify the config.txt file using Windows Notepad. If you have the build not booting, try to use Notepad++ (google for it) and, before saving the file, goes in "Edit" menu, then select "Convert end-line carachter" and select "UNIX"
Also check the you are displaying file extensions. This because if you file extensions are hidden, you will create a config.txt.txt file that will not be read by the system and you will be stuck at boot.

Those are the options you can specify in the file:
gps_zone=[your country]
check http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/@ for country codes (example: it for italy, us for usa.. and so on...)

wince=[1 or 0]
1 to boot the build via windows mobile
0 to boot the build via magdlr
default is 0
if you try to boot via winmo or magdlr without setting properly this parameter, the build will not boot.

ppp_mode=[1 or 0]
1 to enable PPP
0 to enable RMNET.
Default is 0
If wince=1 default ppp_mode will be 1

old_light_driver=[1 or 0]
0 to use the new light driver (working notification leds, button backlight control)
1 to use the old light driver (no notifications leds, buttons will go off after 10 seconds)
default is 0

auto_btn_backlight=[1 or 0]
1 to have the buttons backlight going off/on with the screen
0 to have the buttons backlight going off after 10 seconds from when the last button is pressed
default is 1
this work only if old_light_driver=0

wifi_mac_change=[1 or 0]
1 tells the system that you will need to change the wifi mac address to a custom one
0 tells the system that you will use the wifi mac address based on device hardware

custom_wifi_mac=yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy
here you have to write the wifi mac address you want.
This is needed, and will work, only if you specify wifi_mac_change=1
If you not write any mac address here, the default 00:11:22:33:44:55 will be used

Just an example on how a file could look:

Code:
gps_zone=it
ppp_mode=0
wince=0
old_light_driver=0
auto_btn_backlight=1

...: TIPS :...
Quote:

• Robot voice - known issue - disable audible touch tones and no more robot voice.
  • On every boot an "init.log" is created under your Android folder. Post this file if you have boot loops or booting issues, this will help debug and to solve the issue.
  • I modified the whole android shutdown process to avoid any data corruption. Please always choose SHUTDOWN instead of REBOOT!!! In this way you wil never have data loss or corruption!!!! Also if in my instructions or somewhere you read "reboot your phone" always SHUTDOWN then power it up again!

...: DOWNLOADS :...
Quote:

Please, if you respect my work, dont upload this file on any other mirror or host, always put the original link in any forum or web page where you are going to post it.
Since the new base, a fresh install is suggested (means dont use the old userdata.img)
You can try to install on old userdata.img just copying all files from the zip except the userdata.img but you can have bugs, issues and loose some functionalities of the new update.

To keep al the bugfixing a FRESH installation is suggested. If you experience any bug not reported in the first post, try a fresh install (new userdata.img) and see if it happens again.

• RAFDROID HD 4.2 SD -> DOWNLOAD HERE
  • MD5: D55FB4F671A79842B9D2618462526BE9
  • SHA1: 2F38F6F44F91AB54B9F6CA61A2987DF6405AE256
  • CRC32: 33021A3E

Old versions:

RAFDROID HD 4.1 SD -> DOWNLOAD HERE
  • MD5: CBDF69DF2382401E0EFFD6031B00D563
  • SHA1: B879A08475A32CAFB4C392E4B9EEE676FCC93E17
  • CRC32: 414635DA
RAFDROID HD 3r2f2 SD -> http://www.multiupload.com/HA3TRFQD9S
  • MD5: BE39664A7F6B4FD40DD614F0EA4FD2B3
  • SHA1: F508BB2D72ECDDFAF94A379601D964E62917DFFF
  • CRC32: FF766DAA

...: CREDITS THANKS :...
Quote:

• Cotulla and DFT for making all this possible
  • Darkstone - Special thanks to him for his big help
  • Rajko,atoore,ocm,Cass,Markinus, LeTama, cedesmith, domineus, imilka, crawlingcity, Sergio76, cmylxgo, dandiest, tytung
  • rmk40 for the modded su app/bin
  • All the testers of my NAND build and the themers kurniawan77 and dandsta34
  • Everyone else I forgot and a lot of other people on #htc-linux-chat

...: DONATIONS :...
Quote:

• I'm putting a lot of time in this, nights without sleeping, downloading, flashing, reflashing..So, if you like my work and appreciate it, and you want to buy me a coffe or a beer for chilling out, I will appreciate it you can do this here DONATE otherwise a click on the "thanks" button is still a good idea

...: KERNEL :...
Quote:

• My kernel is capable of Overclock up to 1.5Ghz. Anyway overlcock at you risk. I'm not responsible if you will blow your phone
  • You are free to use any kernel you want. Just make sure to put all the relevant system files (like modules) in the "root" folder structure under Android folder (look following post for instructions)
  • This build is tested to work properly with my kernel. I will not reply to any issue using other kernels.
  • You can find my kernel thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=940823

The Following 184 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafpigna Ad-Free

26th February 2011, 02:29 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
...: AndroidApps installation instruction and filesystem installation instructions :...
Quote:

• If you want to automatically install any app during boot, you can create a folder "AndroidApps" under the Android folder and put the apk there. The apps will be installed during next boot. Please dont do this on first boot because some times can give issues. The folder will be automatically deleted after the apps are installed
  • If you want to change any system files, you can create a "root" folder under your Android folder. In this "root" folder you have to replicate the structure of the system folders. Example: you want to change the gps.conf file that is in the following path: /system/etc/gps.conf you have to create this folder structure: "root -> system -> etc" and in the last folder (etc) you have to put your modified gps.conf file.Durin boot it will be copied and the folder deleted. Use this method if you want to change kernel and you need to push the new modules.. in that case the folder structure will be "root -> system -> lib -> modules" and here all the modules files.

...: Updates :...
Quote:

1. Download the zip update that you want to apply
  2. extract the whole "update" and "root" folders in the "Android" folder. This means looking in the Android folder you will have two subfolders "root" and "update" (in some cases the "update" folder is not present in the zip... no needed)
  3. boot the build
FOR 4.X Version ONLY!

FOR 3.X Version ONLY!

To do list (all those things will be uploaded on sunday night CET )
  • Provide zips for stock font and stock framework/status bar
  • Provide zips for themes like in the screenshots
  • Provide zip of removed apps
  • Check if this works with WP7 partitioned sd card
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafpigna Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 02:29 PM |#3  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Do you have problems in booting?

Quote:

1. check that your first partition is fat32
  2. check that your fat partition and all other partitions (example the ones created by wp7) are primary partitions.
  3. follow this tips, thanks to zarathustrax -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=52
  4. if nothing above works, consider to format your sd card with panasonic sd formatter, using "full erase" method. You can find the tool as attachment in the bottom of this post.
  5. check that you have config.txt inside your build folder
  6. check that you are editing/creating the config.txt with a unix compatible text editor like notepad++ (read the config.txt instruction in post 1 to understand how to use)
  7. if you changed the build folder name (example: from Android to RafdroidSomething) make sure you have a "rafdroid.txt" file in your sd card root and in it you have a line rel_path="RafdroidSomething"
  8. if still no luck, try to post your problem but dont forget to post:
    - are you using wmo or magldr?
    - how is your config.txt?
    - did you keep the enclosed userdata.img or changed with your own?
    - are you using the included kernel (zimage)?
    - a "init.log" file inside the android folder is created? If yes, post it!
    - did you copy the "whole" android folder, including the folder itself, on the root of sd card?
    - did you changed the folder name?

More info you will provide, more possibility you have that i or someone else can give you the solution to your issues.

...: FAQ :...

Quote:

q) Can you provide a mirror for the downloads
a) I'm sorry but the answer is "no". I pay hotfile every month and the downloads give me the possibility to pay it. I dont do this for money, but I also dont want to waste my money

q) My phone sometimes freeze and I have to reboot.
a) Go in Settings -> Audio -> disable audible touch tones. this will solve the issue in most of the cases.

q) During/after boot a window appears with "System process not respoding". What I have to do?
a) This is caused from the new audio driver I used. The new audio driver has better phone stability and no robo voice. You have two choices: 1) Click on "wait" and all will be fine OR 2) download the "old_acdb_file.zip" and flash it via recovery. In this way you will not have the error anymore but you will start having robo voice on first call (you can avoid this disabling audible touch tones) and could happen that your phone freezes when receiving a call. It's your choiche. I preferred the "window error" one because for me is more important to have a working phone than an error window appearing at boot.

q) I have robo voice when I make a call
a) To avoid this, disable "audible touch tones" from the "settings -> audio" menu. You will have no-more robo voice also if you reboot.
a) During the robo-voice call, enable the speaker, then disable it. You will have no more robo-voice until next reboot.

q) I have very low audio during calls
a) During the call, enable the speaker, then disable it. You will have loud volume until next reboot.

q) after boot I see only a white screen with a green htc logo
a) just wait. It can take fro 5 up to 20 minutes depending on your sd card. There are no issue. The build booted fine, it's just copying all the files to SD. This will happen only on first installation.

q) I'm having high battery drain
a) Try reboot. Try disabling gps in location. As you can see from the screenshot I have 4mA with WIFI active! Also be careful. If during google account setup you choose to backup/restore all your data, the sync process will be dramatic heavy because it has to reinstall all your apps. It could need a couple of hours to settle. Also high battery drain could be caused by SD. try another one.

q) It's really laggy!!!!
a) as all Desire HD builds this is BIG! This needs at least 10-15 minutes after boot to be usable. Then try to use it for 5-6 hours.. and do a couple of reboots.. you will see that the speed will improve. After 24 hours of use and 4-5 rebots this will be really fast.

q) It lags when I'll install apps?
a) yes a little. Just to say: I have a desire hd... it lags also in the same case.. very few.. but the lag is there.. so it's an issue form desire hd base.

q) I have no GPS or the fix is really slow
a) Firs fixt can take up to 5 minutes. just wait.You can edit the config.txt gps_zone= to your country. See here for the right strings http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/@ if this not solves, try use QuickGps from the market to download a-gps data.

q) Can I unmount the SD while in use or connect the phone as mass storage to my pc while in use?
a) No. Is dangerous for your files

q) It not boots
a) partition again and format again your sd card. follow the guide linked in the first post. post your init.log file for help

q) I have no data/3G/HSDPA
a) probably you have to set your apn manually. google it for tips on how to do and what settings are need for your carrier

q) How do I remove BOOTSOUND / How do I change bootanim
a) bootsound and bootanim are located in /system/customize/resource
Just delete android_audio.mp3 if you dont want sound

q) I have wake up lag
a) It's an issue that devs are trying to solve. It's not related to the build itself. In the Q&A Forum there is a thread about this problem. HERE, HERE,....

q) I have issues in flash during web brosing, the browser force closes
a) If you have issues with flash videos on website, you need an older flash version. Check this post. Thanks to Jayedamina http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=280

Attached Files
File Type: 7z Panasonic SD Formatter 2.7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.22 MB, 2630 views)
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafpigna Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 02:30 PM |#4  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafpigna Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 02:30 PM |#5  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
--- last one for me... just in case... ---
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rafpigna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafpigna Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 02:40 PM |#6  
Flag L dot A dot Californ I A
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Wow, this is awesome.. thanks for showing the SD crowd a little love! downloading now
The Following User Says Thank You to gilla87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gilla87 Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 02:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Really nice to see your HD build on SD.
Thanks!
26th February 2011, 03:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 469

More
rafpigna, your hd builds are maybe the best desire hd based builds for hd2
i'm very glad that you've ported it for running from magldr, thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krendelrus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krendelrus Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 04:14 PM |#9  
Flag Gorredijk
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thumbs up Thank's !
Downloaded it,setting up right now
booted just fine .
Data working fine,arows are not working. EDIT:fine after restart !)

Thank's for the SD build !
26th February 2011, 04:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
finally see you here in SD builds, one of my favorite chief. Thank Raf.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuccc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuccc Ad-Free
26th February 2011, 04:34 PM |#11  
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Oh my God if i can only send a beer through package! You rock my HD2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast android, hd2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)