- 126.96.36.199 - Initial official release for the nook. Only supported ext3. Had bootloop errors with the 1.1.0 update. (Note: Unofficial builds supported ext4 but not both at the same time)
- 188.8.131.52 - No significant changes to 184.108.40.206 officially. (Note: Unofficial builds supported ext3 or ext4 but not both at the same time)
- 220.127.116.11 - Broken build. Blame the samsung phones for messed up additions.
- 18.104.22.168 - Adds official support for ext4 as well as compatability for ext3. (i.e. No need to swap recovery for different ROMs). Fixes "Always boots into recovery" with 1.1.0 updated u-boot.bin
- 22.214.171.124 - Adds support to for /sd-ext to recovery.
- 126.96.36.199 - Sets /system to ext2. You can now backup and restore your stock roms! Delete/Update all 188.8.131.52 threads to point to 184.108.40.206 for all rom types. Rom Manager now pushes a recovery kernel as well as the ramdisk!! No need to manually install recovery kernel. Just flash the lastest from RomManager and you are done!
- 220.127.116.11 - Support for newer nooks with the 5G /data parition! New .32 kernel is included which fixes the freezing after formatting /data! (/data format issues. Don't Use)
- 18.104.22.168 - Fixes a bug with 22.214.171.124 (actually a build issue) where ext3 (/data and /cache) wouldn't be formatted properly (they were but CWM was bombing out)
RomManager can now push the recovery kernel. No need to manually install via CWM or ADB! Flash from RomManager and rock and roll.
Q: Why should I upgrade?
As of the official version 126.96.36.199 there CWM supports both ext3 and ext4 ROMs with a single recovery image. This means no more of this swapping back and forth between different versions of CWM! 188.8.131.52 sets /system to ext2 to allow for proper backing up and restoring of stock roms!
This version also fixes issues with the 1.1.0 version of u-boot.bin. Some with this version may experience that your NookColor will always boot back into RomManager. This is now fixed (as of 184.108.40.206)
Always use the latest found on this post or on RomManager. Older version are not supported
This should be fixed. Report any issues to me either on this thread or via PM
Installing CWM doesn't alter any rom or data files which shouldn't have any affect on recovery. There is something else that may have affected your market.
No worries though you can try the following to try and fix it:
- If you are using CM7. Upgrade to the latest nightly (which will be after tonight: 3/3)
- Try clearing the following: For "My Apps," go to manage apps, market, uninstall updates, clear market cache. Then delete data for Google Framework Services.
So some of you are still having issues with this new CWM version. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me the following information:
- What you are trying to do/accomplish. Be as detailed as possible
- What rom you are running and what rom you are upgrading to (if applicable)
- IMPORTANT! Grab a recovery.log from your nookcolor. You can do this either through adb or through the advanced menu. If I don't have this then there is little I can help with.
Method 1: ADB
After setting up adb type:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Method 2: Save from the menu
From the ClockworkMod Recovery main screen do the following
- Select 'Advanced'
- Select 'Report Error'
- There is now a copy of recovery.log on your sdcard. Transfer the sdcard to a computer or boot into your rom and mount your sdcard on your computer.