FORUMS

Honeycomb Original Boot Animation

575 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By Darius_bd, Senior Member on 28th February 2011, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there ppl, here I post you a link to a lil modified version of the original honeycomb rip boot animation that will work in our Arias fullscreen. Is just the dimensions changed in the desc.txt file but it'll save you sometime (as I had to go all the way to get how boot animation worked q: )

Here how it looks on a Nexus S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAoqgAzKyQ

If you're running CM7 it should be as simply as replacing the bootanimation.zip located in /data/local/ with this one (use root explorer or ES file explorer with root explorer option to navigate there). If you're running another ROM (and you dont have a bootanimation at /data/local/) take the second version and flash it in recovery. Not sure if that would work (havent tried) but it'll replace the animation found at /system/media/ folder as our Arias are s-on still.

Bare Version (just drop it in /data/local/)

Recovery Flasheable Version (replaces bootanimation found at /system/media/)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darius_bd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darius_bd Ad-Free
28th February 2011, 03:15 AM |#2  
Flag Cape Girardeau
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Neither way works breh

Edit: CM 7rc

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App
28th February 2011, 03:40 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago + Gdynia

More
There's really no science to have it, you just need to replace the bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ (that folder is hidden, you need root explorer to get in there, is in the phone memory, not the sdcard)
28th February 2011, 03:45 AM |#4  
Flag 10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius_bd

There's really no science to have it, you just need to replace the bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ (that folder is hidden, you need root explorer to get in there, is in the phone memory, not the sdcard)

The original is in /system/media. Putting a bootanimation.zip in /data/local will supercede the original. It looks great on the aria. Thanks for the port.
28th February 2011, 05:05 AM |#5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 54

More
It should work on any rooted phone, CM or not.

Also, there's no need to use root explorer. Just place bootanimation.zip on your sdcard root and open Terminal Emulator:

Quote:

su
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
reboot

Works like a charm.

Some of the versions floating around have white flashes between the loops - this one fixes that:

http://lts.cr/QHX
The Following User Says Thank You to seboj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seboj Ad-Free
28th February 2011, 05:40 AM |#6  
Flag Cape Girardeau
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmo

The original is in /system/media. Putting a bootanimation.zip in /data/local will supercede the original. It looks great on the aria. Thanks for the port.

Thank you, that was very helpful. But it is a sick boot animation.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App
28th February 2011, 05:46 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Perhaps I did it wrong, but the image appears rather pixelated to me during load up.
28th February 2011, 05:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Awesome. Cheers! (:
28th February 2011, 08:44 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago + Gdynia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seboj

Some of the versions floating around have white flashes between the loops - this one fixes that:

The white flashes happens when there are foreign files inside the folder with the PNGs. In most case, a certain thumb.db hidden file I think we all have meet before

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerchess

Perhaps I did it wrong, but the image appears rather pixelated to me during load up.

You can try cooking your framework and add the HC boot animation @ the UOT Kitchen
28th February 2011, 08:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago + Gdynia

More
merged 10chrs
2nd March 2011, 03:39 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Looks awesome Darius, thanks for sharing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)