FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Audio Theme] Project Linda Final (for 2.2 roms)- 3/19/11

169 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By angryattheworld, Senior Member on 1st March 2011, 05:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Pleae read the whole op - lots of good info - flashable zip packages below - The undo zip flashes back sounds from Frost, but no matter what you are using, you will just be replacing system sounds. I built this for Frost, try on others at your own risk.

I worked hard on this, spent a good bit of time editing and properly maximizing sound to increase clarity and reduce audio clutter - if you are going to use these sounds for something, at least credit me...

First of all credit goes to xtone for inspiring to do this with his Linda mod, and I am glad to finally give something to the community that has helped me so much. Thanks also to Team Whiskey who has breathed new life into my phone, you guys rule!

If you installed another theme on top of your rom it may have changed your compatability by changing sounds or the way they are called for. I am only supporting the rom/theme that I am using. Really, you probably wont cause the apocalypse, you are just overwriting audio files with different audio files that have the same name so they are called for correctly.

Confirmed also working on:

Simply Honey 2.4 - all sounds - Thanks takev215!

Bionix Frost/ update 1/ update 2- all sounds - since release - Thanks Me!

Bionix V 1.3 - all sounds (low playback on unlock sound) - since release - Thanks willsnews! Confirmed on 1.3.1 - 3/1/11 - Thanks Shaul305!

Bionix V 1.2.1 - all sounds (low playback on unlock sound) - since release - Thanks Me!

Axura 2.3.1 - all sounds - 2/21/11 - Thanks jrathbun27!

Trigger version ? - all sounds - Thanks stncldtex! Trigger 2.7 - 3/6/11 - all sounds - Thanks t4runner13!

Changelog

Final - 3/19/11
File now attached to post, 2.0 revert still works. Links at the bottom.
Added requests for calendar, weather, and XDA notifications. Enjoy it jangst123!
Removed call dropped sound because it sometimes is called for when you hang up, or someone hangs up before you.
The 5 on the dialer is not terrible, and although it annoyed me, it is not being changed. Too much work would go into it, and I would have to edit all the sounds to match in the dialer.
Last update. Next will be a seperate post for a version compatible with CM7. Have fun with it...

Project Linda 2.0 - 2/28/11
New post for revamped version.
Changed name to Project Linda instead of being rom specific, because of various rom compatability reported.
Many sounds changed for better phonetics and cadence.
All sounds compressed and maximized to -0.1db, and a touch of reverb added to make it pop - resulting in much louder, clearer sounds.
Shutdown sound edited to playback slower toward the end and sound like Linda is actually shutting down.

Bionix V 1.3 - 2/26/11 - The low playback on the unlock sound still exists in Bionix V 1.3
Re-added sounds for additional lockscreens - unlock works for puzzle, glass, and epic only.
Ringtones and notifications now flash to system, so they will not show up as media files in your media player anymore...

Frost - 2/24/11
Cleaned up and changed op.
Now packaged in flashable zip, also a revert zip is available.
Added call dropped sound "Communications failure - call dropped"
Added error message by request "My logic is undeniable" - Enjoy it willsnews!
Removed other lock screen sounds since Frost lock is AOSP only.
Low playback on the unlock sound has been fixed in Frost. Nothing has been fixed with the files, the rom itself has fixed the playback issue. Issue remains in all other roms that had the problem.

1.1 - 2/21/11
Fixed typo in one of the low battery sounds causing it to not work
Changed "Linda Notification" name to "Linda Message" to accomodate the addition of new sounds
Added individual notifications for email, im, and voicemail
Added cool shutdown sound in the battery and charging folder(It's a surprise, at least I think it is cool...)

1.0 - 2/20/11 - First release

First of all credit goes to xtone for inspiring to do this with his Linda mod, and I am glad to finally give something to the community that has helped me so much. Thanks also to Team Whiskey who has breathed new life into my phone, you guys rule!

This is an almost complete "Audio Theme" of Linda replacing many system sounds with her voice.

The following sounds are included, and some were kind of tricky getting the cadence and phonetics correct...

Dialer - all numbers are spoken , star says "Star", pound says "Pound" 0 says "Zero" Obviously, audible touch tones must be enabled in sound settings.

Locking and unlocking - Lock says "Lock engaged" every time. Unlock says "Lock disengaged" ONLY on the puzzle, glass, and epic unlocks. Obviously, screen lock sounds must be enabled in settings.

Battery and charging - Plugging in the charger says "External power source detected, battery charging initiated." I know it is different from xtones, it was my personal preference. I made these for myself and decided to share them. A low battery will say "Battery level critical, please connect external power source"

Ringtones and notifications - The Linda ringtone says "Incoming cellular transmission, please initialize communications" a delay has been placed in the beginning so it does not get chopped off by the ascending ringtone crap. The notification says "A new message has arrived"

Installation instructions - Put file on root of sd card and flash in recovery. The revert replaces the sounds back from Frost. The notifications and the ringtone though, you will have to remove on your own. If you don't like them, just dont select them. The amount of space they take up is extremely small.

Download revert - http://www.mediafire.com/?lvuazv2fqua35dv

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProjectLindaFinal.zip - [Click for QR Code] (925.8 KB, 2691 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to angryattheworld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angryattheworld Ad-Free

1st March 2011, 05:13 AM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
I love it it's great star field live wallpaper+ glass theme+ linda audio theme loving the look and sounds of my phone !

Message from the millennium falcon
The Following User Says Thank You to willsnews For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift willsnews Ad-Free
1st March 2011, 05:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
oops, Jim Beam strikes again... fix it in a minute.
The Following User Says Thank You to angryattheworld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angryattheworld Ad-Free
1st March 2011, 05:53 AM |#4  
Flag cleveland
Thanks Meter: 1,071

More
thanks i loved the first version but im having a problem downloading the new with the stock browser its not showing up as a zip
1st March 2011, 06:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike216

thanks i loved the first version but im having a problem downloading the new with the stock browser its not showing up as a zip

Just downloaded my self and it worked fine, but I downloaded from my pc. I never dl stuff straight to my phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to angryattheworld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angryattheworld Ad-Free
1st March 2011, 06:40 AM |#6  
North Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Ya link doesnt work pc or phone

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
1st March 2011, 07:23 AM |#7  
Flag cleveland

More
i downloaded it from my pc and got zip like i wish my pnoe would have done when i flashed it i dont here anything the first one worked great
1st March 2011, 07:55 AM |#8  
Flag cleveland

More
Running bionix 1.3 flashed twice and no sound sorry link and flash work fine
1st March 2011, 08:35 AM |#9  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Working great on frost..like the new touch on shutdown..thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
1st March 2011, 01:28 PM |#10  
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 8

More
the shutdown sequence is hilarious.

i flashed ontop of bionix v 1.3.1 w/ gingerred&blackout (this may be the problem)

but i only get the battery dying, phone plugged in and shutdown sequence sounds.

regardless, great work so far.

EDIT: im such a tard, i forgot to enable audible sounds on the touchpad as stated in the OP. oops! LOL
1st March 2011, 03:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
So glad you keep improving the sounds and adding more. Like it that it is in a zip file now. Keep up the improvements and sounds.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)