FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wii Classic Controller WIP

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wicket30, Junior Member on 3rd March 2011, 03:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I can't post pics yet, but I am working on combining a Power A mini wiimote into a classic controller pro. It is the same thing MOG has been working on, and he has done some great stuff.

So Key points so far.

The mini wiimote does work with the Droid X at least, and it does connect to the classic controller pro.

I can't cut the wiimote pcb, because there are just too many connections all over the board, unlike the typical wiimote where the top half can be cut.

Next step is to solder the wires correctly for the wiimote and the classic controller.

Stay posted if interested. If it goes well, I plan to add a dock like MOG did, but also USB power and what not, depending how much I like it. Kind of just combining multiple things I've seen on the net.

7th March 2011, 02:13 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
So the soldering went well, but for some reason the player indicator lights keep flashing.
7th March 2011, 03:24 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
It actually didn't take long, now i just need something to glue it together. I'll post pics once I get to 8 posts.
7th March 2011, 03:27 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More

10th March 2011, 10:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Why....

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
15th March 2011, 09:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wicked
That is totally wicked! I have been using a Wiimote to play GBA and SNES games quite a bit lately (ordered a classic controller online waiting for shipping). I love being able to not use the on screen controls.
21st March 2011, 08:07 AM |#7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonw

Why....

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Why not?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA Premium App
7th April 2011, 05:18 PM |#8  

More
I did something similar to this, but did not cut the controller I used an adapter and glued it. And modded a case to attach the phone to the controller.
10th April 2011, 06:11 AM |#9  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Looks awesome

I've made 2 and will make my 3rd soon. Here's the idea for my 3rd.
-must use classic controller (not pro version) this gives u a flat back surface
-wiimote will be horizontal on the back of the CC (put the trigger on the back left side) gives u a nice trigger for shooter games!

Still need to see exactly how ill mount the phone but I really want a trigger like the n64 controller.
3rd January 2013, 06:27 PM |#10  

More
Just found this thread while searching for advise. I want to do something like this, but I want to mount the Power A board INSIDE the CC or CC Pro shell. Has anyone tried this, will it fit? I'd like a switch on it that tells the buttons to work as CC buttons or Wiimote buttons, and add a rechargable battery and charging port. Basically I want to make a copy of the Wii U branded Interworks Pro Controller that does exactly this. I would buy one, but I hear they don't work all that well. (bad dpad, shuts off, etc).
20th August 2014, 06:35 AM |#11  

More
I hear the datel retro controller works. It looks just like the classic but its wireless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)