537 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By Elysian893, Senior Member on 7th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2011, 04:14 AM |#71  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I can't figure out what makes this take hold. I don't know if it's a random setting or a random something in Google Voice before you back it up, but I'm going to try everything to see.
9th March 2011, 04:36 AM |#72  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcorvus

Finally got it. What i had to do was titanium backup from my evo. Then once i got it on my xoom, i extracted the files. I moved them over one by one into the data folder. Here is what i seen and i think the problem is, in the backup "com.google.android.apps.googlevoice_preferences.x ml" is cut short so it restores as "com.google.android.apps.googlevoice_pre". So like i said to get it to work, i extracted the backed up gz. Then moved it folder by folder into data/data folder. Also did the same to get angry birds working .

Could you elaborate?
9th March 2011, 04:57 AM |#73  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
F that. This sounds like google will get this fixed really quickly

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
9th March 2011, 05:07 AM |#74  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techs1200

Can't install busybox....it fails....I am rooted.....any ideas?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

The install says it failed, but at least on my xoom it still worked. You can check in /system/xbin/ (or system/bin) and you'll probably find a bunch of simlinks to 'busybox'.
9th March 2011, 06:03 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 112

Donate to Me
More
I modified the apk to get it to run for me. Seems fine to me, but I am a noob at this so it could also break everything. Shouldn't require root or anything. YMMV

edit: Fixed the attachment to use the proper version
Attached Files
File Type: apk gv_4.2.13_proper.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.30 MB, 16481 views)
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to sangreal06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sangreal06 Ad-Free
9th March 2011, 08:55 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreal06

I modified the apk to get it to run for me. Seems fine to me, but I am a noob at this so it could also break everything. Shouldn't require root or anything. YMMV

F**K yeah! You da MAN!!!
9th March 2011, 09:08 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Would be all I need if it supported push notifications. Seriously...when google gets this finished, and then hopefully a full-fledged Gmail-esque Google Docs app, I'll be 110% happy with this thing! Ok...maybe it needs a few more things, but every little bit counts! I'm so glad I'm not part of Steve's herd....
9th March 2011, 09:27 AM |#78  
Flag Ft Wayne IN
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
You my friend are awesome.

Quote:

9th March 2011, 05:18 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Worked for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcorvus

Finally got it. What i had to do was titanium backup from my evo. Then once i got it on my xoom, i extracted the files. I moved them over one by one into the data folder. Here is what i seen and i think the problem is, in the backup "com.google.android.apps.googlevoice_preferences.x ml" is cut short so it restores as "com.google.android.apps.googlevoice_pre". So like i said to get it to work, i extracted the backed up gz. Then moved it folder by folder into data/data folder. Also did the same to get angry birds working .

Worked like a charm. I got the setup up screen on the first launch, hit next, force closed, reopened in my inbox. Thanks...
9th March 2011, 06:11 PM |#81  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,300

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
You are the freaking man! Got me up and running smooth as butter. Awesome contribution to the community!

Quote:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google voice, honeycomb, working

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)