This works with the latest 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17 radio only.
So far, the line recording was confirmed to work for incoming calls on different 2.6.32 and 2.6.37 based ROMs
The recordings of incoming calls are crystal clear, with the other party recorded as loud as your voice.
The trouble with the outgoing calls needs your help!!! It seems to be a userspace- rather than kernel-related issue: e.g., LeeDroid 2_3d ROM was confirmed to record outgoing calls as well. I'm unable to solve this because I have no Desire (i.e., the device), but I suspect that it may be caused by some other app like dialer or voice dialing stuff stealing the mic before the recording is started.
So, I attach:
1. Two update.zip's with patched stock 2.6.32 and cm7 2.6.37 kernels, wifi modules included (please select a proper one for testing).
2. My rVoix app hastily ported to desire. Many settings won't work, e.g. sound boost/autoanswer. Any other voice recording program won't suit, almost surely.
3. The kernel patches themselves (against the stock HTC kernel from their site and the latest cm7 from their github) -- needed for developers only.
You need a ROOTED device with 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17 radio for tests.
I'd be very happy if somebody finds a proper solution for outgoing calls, whatever it might be.
And I'd be even more happy if somebody ports the patches to other qsd/msm7x30 devices like Desire HD/Z, etc.
The problem with outgoing calls is now confirmed to be a userspace issue. I'll patch rVoix.apk when I have a proper solution (cannot do it right now because of deficiency of Android SDK). For time being, please use the following trick to record outgoing calls from the line:
1. Settings->Outgoing calls->Default action, select "Ask each time"
2. When you call somebody, the Yes/No window will appear asking if the call should be recorded.
3. Рress YES button only after your callee responds!
If you press it before, your call will be recorded from the MIKE, otherwise, it'll be recorded from the LINE.
skvalex wrote an app to record both incoming and outgoing calls automatically! Please look up his posts here.
Several kernels & ROMs around here have already been patched! My thanks to those developers!!! Please check relevant threads: if you see that the 2-way recording patch is included, you needn't install any update.zip's attached herein: just install rVoix or (even better) an app by skvalex.
If you want to help in improving CallRecorder, please add a star to the issue as illustrated on the screenshot below.
This API is of vital importance for CallRecorder, and CallRecorder cannot be fully functional without it.
I'm attaching a new built for stock Gingerbread 2.6.35, should work with sense-based ROMs (patch sources are at http://code.google.com/p/2-way-call-...#svn%2Fpatches). It includes numerous fixes and AMR support (CallRecorder 1.0.31 or later needed).
Please visit the site skvalex.com/donate.php, there's very important info by our skvalex!