FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Mesmerize AOSP Froyo V0.9.1, Voodoo AOSP kernel, and GAPPS 3/20/2011

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By lmartin92, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th March 2011, 06:07 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECTIONS YOU FOLLOW HERE NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROBLEMS ANYTHING I HAVE CREATED MAY CAUSE YOU. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND DISCLAIM THE RIGHTS TO SUE ME.

NEW RELEASE 3/28/2011

OK, time for a simultaneous release of AOSP Showcase and Mesmerize, with AOSP voodoo kernels and a set of GAPPS that jt1134 has built for us.

First of all lets give thanks to those that helped me out and made this happen. Phidelt82, thanks for testing and hosting the downloads. Elijahblake, thanks for testing and sticking to it even through your phone troubles that the inbetween releases and original (yet buggy) release called. Thanks dfgas for testing as well, and getting me important Mesmerize files. Baked_Tator, thanks for testing it, you provided great help. MrHanMan, thanks for testing, you provided great help as well. Thanks to all other testers who I can not remember their names at this moment (PM me and you'll get put in this list). Thanks jt1134 for all the work you put in on the fascinate rom lately, you've had me playing catch up, because though I strive, I can't be as fast as you. Thanks to lmartin92, for dedicating time, energy, and learning through the entire experience and making these builds happen (that's me) :)

Now to the order of business, announcing this release. You mesmerize folks have waited for this for the longest, and now it's here. Mesmerize AOSP V0.9 is now ready and stable enough for it to be released. Yes some things are not working, but these are the things most folk can get along without.

What's working?
Bluetooth (though headsets, and keyboards may not work), file sending has been tested by many and is claimed to be working.
SMS is now working fully.
3g is working.
GPS is working.
Wifi is working.
Google contacts/gmail syncing is working (may require reboot or a bit of patience on your part).
In call sound volume setting is working thanks to jt1134.
It shows the proper company as to who is providing you services now.
Much more is probably working, but I can't identify them all nor make claims as of yet.

What isn't working?
Bluetooth headset.
MMS.
Video Camera.
Camera does not work at 5mp and it uses black and white previews.
Probably some other things, if you find them, let me know and I'll get to work fixing them.

Where can I get this?
The Mesmerize AOSP V0.9 rom release is here.
mirror
and a torrent magnet link magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1e9f540c29f57bf9...com%2Fannounce
The EC10 AOSP voodoo kernel is here.
The AOSP Gapps are here.

Use CWM Red to flash these in this order, kernel, rom, gapps. Anytime you flash the rom reflash gapps because the rom breaks gapps after reinstallation. Be sure to wipe data and cache before you reboot.
WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT *228 unless you wish to possibly lose your phone!

What happened to the kernel being inside of the rom? I've decided to seperate them out, if someone wants a non-voodoo kernel, they can make one and use it. It does have to be customized for AOSP. I just don't know yet how to do this, but it shouldn't be too hard.
In other words, I'm allowing folk to use different kernels than mine own if they care to put the work into it to make it happen.

I would like to donate to the cause.
Glad to help you do that. I'm specifically looking to beef up my dev machine to a six core 16 GB ram beast. Of course, if anyone wants to participate in building, I'll actually donate some of my machine torwards a build server. These are the parts I would like to have, and I'm probably upgrading from 8GB 3core machine to a 12GB 3core machine next month (just modifying this sucker here).
I need 2 sets of this memory to make my dream happen. It's a Mushkin 2x4 GB ddr3 1333 (10666) MHZ). The cpu I would like to see is a six core AMD Phenom II x6 1100T. No I don't expect anyone to provide me with this, but this is what I'm going to upgrade to eventually and try to donate back to the community with a Samsung galaxy s i500 build server. By the way, when making donations I'm not the only one to consider. All those fine folk listed above deserve it just as much or more so than me. Now enough with my dreams.

Enjoy AOSP.

Changes in 0.9.1
Streaming issues kind of fixed (no hd youtube, but the rest seems to work).
New GAPPS.
New Kernel (EC10 from jt1134 which is a generic (works on all i500 devices to date) kernel)
GMAIL/Contacts sync is fixed

For any questions, comments please join the IRC on #samsung-mesmerize on irc.freenode.net.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lmartin92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lmartin92 Ad-Free

16th March 2011, 06:08 AM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Batesville

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for notes
16th March 2011, 06:32 AM |#3  
Flag Jackson, MS
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Edit:
Wrong thread.
16th March 2011, 07:42 AM |#4  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Awesomeness. You guys rock.
16th March 2011, 09:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is awesome!

Now to be a good tester, and report bugs.
Things that don't seem to be working for me so far (will edit with updates):
Facebook (constant FCs)
Contacts aren't importing
16th March 2011, 02:16 PM |#6  
Flag Brandon, MS
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vluhd

this is awesome! :d

now to be a good tester, and report bugs.
Things that don't seem to be working for me so far (will edit with updates):
Facebook (constant fcs)
contacts aren't importing

reboot the phone
16th March 2011, 04:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Wont the MMS just need the APNS settings entered to make it work?

Quote:

Name: USCC
APN: internet
Proxy:
Port: 80
Username: [email protected]
Password: yourMSID
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: mms

NOTE:::: To find your MSID, goto settings > About Phone > Status > MIN
NOTE make sure the APN type is in lower case

I'd try it, but the camera not working is a non-starter for me (I use my camera all the time), which is why I wouldnt mess with the Cyanogen Gingerbread ROMS for the Desire.
16th March 2011, 05:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
It seems I can't join the irc. My computer wont load the url. My question is that none of the google works and I was wondering if it was safe to reflash the gapps? Also when I run the quadrant advanced it says internal error when it gets to the I/O

Got IRC on now.
16th March 2011, 05:25 PM |#9  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Batesville

Donate to Me
More
For anyone with contact/gmail issues, reboot. That's fixed every one of my tester's problems. I just isn't going to work on first boot. Reflashing gapps will do nothing. It's the reboot's that's the key.
The Following User Says Thank You to lmartin92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lmartin92 Ad-Free
16th March 2011, 05:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
That worked for me as well.

Thanks guys for everything. This is amazing!

Quadrant score without voodoo was 1641!
Quadrant score with voodoo is 2389!
16th March 2011, 07:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahblake

reboot the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin92

For anyone with contact/gmail issues, reboot. That's fixed every one of my tester's problems. I just isn't going to work on first boot. Reflashing gapps will do nothing. It's the reboot's that's the key.

I have rebooted
I do have some troubleshooting chops guys.

EDIT: *sigh* it seems i somehow missed the "sync contacts" option, which appears to not be enabled by default for some reason.
Anyway, the facebook issue still stands. I can't connect a facebook account to my phone either.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread