RAFDROID HD GINGERBREAD
......:::::: DESCRIPTION ::::::......
I dont like to public release testing/developing builds, but due to huge number of requests here you can find my "Rafdroid HD Gingerbread" build
This is a first release. Another release (currently testing it) will come in the following days with much more improvements about speed and stability.
This is a port of the DESIRE HD (Ace) GINGERBREAD DUMP ( not Desire S) that you can find here:
Big THANKS and CREDIT goes to Imilka to have found the right "ingredients" to have the new gingerbread sense to work on hd2.
This is a test/development version. Some things not works at all, some others have bugs. Please dont spam the thread with bugs already reported below. This build is not intended for a "daily use" but just for testing/developing purposes.
- New Sense 2.1 Gingerbread
- Deodexed and Zipaligned
- Automatic Zipalign on boot for all user apps
- New Sense Widgets
- Working Data, Phone, Audio, BT, GPS (needs tests), 3D Games....
- Battery % on stock battery icon, with 1% steps
- Fonts replaced with Rafdroid ones
- RMNET / PPP via config.txt
- Rooted (SU app + SU binaries)
- Working HTC Headsets
- Working notification LEDs
- Auto Button Backlight
- Modified shutdown android process to cleanly unmount data partition and avoid data corruption.
- Graphic acceleration
- Market downloads
- FM Radio
- GPS (needs tests, sometimes worked for me, sometimes not)
Please dont report in the thread those bugs!
- Video Play/Streaming (causes phone to reboot)
- HTC Reader
......:::::: CHANGELOG ::::::......
1.0.4 Beta - 21.MAR.11
- Updated to Rafpigna 1.9 OC GB Kernel
- Fixed Sync times
- Fixed some issues in exchange syncing
- Cleaned boot to improve performances and avoid booting issues on some setups
- Full zipaligned again to improve performance
- Fixed auto-apns
- Fixed market fingerprint
- Fixed/added some languages
- Added Advanced shutdown menu (credits: capychimp, patmoriss)
1.0.0 Beta - 16.MAR.11
- First Release
......:::::: INSTRUCTIONS ::::::......
Since this is a development/test version I will not provide too many detailed instructions because I suppose if you want to test this you know what you are doing. This is also the reason why I will monitor this thread for the new bugs/issues/fixes you can find, but will not give a lot of supports on it just because we all know the bugs and the issues, it's just a matter of time and will be fixed.
- HD2 512MB users needs CWR with at least a 390mb System partition and an sd card with an EXT3/EXT4 partition
- HD2 1024MB users can use the build without needing the EXT partition. in this case, nand will be used as data storage (390mb system partition is needed anyway)
- Make a nandroid backup! During the flash all your data, apps, settings will be DELETED!
- You should WIPE all your data before flashing or you can have unpredictable bugs and weird behaviour.
- Flash the ZIP thru CWR and reboot
- Wait 2-5 minutes to have the build to settle
- Do all your settings in the wizard, wait other 5 minutes, then reboot again
- I suggest you to wait 2-3 minutes every time you reboot, on the lockscreen, to have smooth and lag-free build.
- As soon you can, go in settings, audio, and deactivate the touch tones, to avoid robo voice or phone freezes.
- Remember: if you want to avoid Data Corruption always choose SHUT OFF and not reboot, also when I write "reboot"
Please, if you respect my work, dont upload this file on any other mirror or host, always put the original link in any forum or web page where you are going to post it.
RAFDROID HD GINGERBREAD 1.0.4 BETA
1.0.0 Beta http://hotfile.com/dl/110558252/f6f9...1_0_0.zip.html
This build uses my "NO-SENSE" kernel... yes.. this build is sense, but I basically choose a wrong name for my kernel
You can refer to my kernel thread for updates, changelog, and comments
- Credit to IMILKA for the first working port of the Desire S (Saga) build.. believe me.. it's a boring and not-funny job to do... you can have to flash/boot more than hundreds of times...
- Thanks to anyone helped him to find out the right solutions
- Thanks of course to Cotulla, DFT, Darktone and all the people that started all of this
- thanks to all users that will help keeping this thread clean
- Anyone I forgot...