FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] root sidekick 4g without sd card

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By soluslobo, Member on 25th July 2014, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
does anyone know how to do this then install overdose or gingerclone v2? sorry for posting here didn't have 10 posts yet
25th July 2014, 06:46 PM |#2  
No, I believe you can use superoneclick to root without SD but you will need an SD card to flash a new ROM.
Unless you (or find someone to) make a hiemdall one click flash of a ROM, to the best of knowledge there isn't one like this made
But if you borrow an SD from someone rooting is quick
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2221030
See post 27 in the link above for a manual method that works with both windows or Linux or use superoneclick to automate the process
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 12:10 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

No, I believe you can use superoneclick to root without SD but you will need an SD card to flash a new ROM.
Unless you (or find someone to) make a hiemdall one click flash of a ROM, to the best of knowledge there isn't one like this made
See post 27 in the link above for a manual method that works with both windows or Linux or use superoneclick to automate the process
Best of luck!

superoneclick links are dead.
31st July 2014, 12:29 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Best of luck!

I was able to root my sidekick but how do I install the clockworkmod recovery and then install glorious overdose v5, but the link to v5 is dead cause ubuntuone was recently shut down. The links to the recovery and update are not working anymore, please help
31st July 2014, 12:41 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by soluslobo

I was able to root my sidekick but how do I install the clockworkmod recovery and then install glorious overdose v5, but the link to v5 is dead cause ubuntuone was recently shut down. The links to the recovery and update are not working anymore, please help

Everything you need to root and install the recovery are linked in that thread (post 27) just checked they all work fine
here is some mirrors for some roms

this link works for GO_V2

follow the instructions i gave in that post and use this as your rom and all is good

let me know if youre stuck, best of luck
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
31st July 2014, 03:01 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Everything you need to root and install the recovery are linked in that thread (post 27) just checked they all work fine
here is some mirrors for some roms

this link works for GO_V2

follow the instructions i gave in that post and use this as your rom and all is good

let me know if youre stuck, best of luck

OFF TOPIC BUT i INSTALLED THE BLAZE 4G, WAS THAT A BAD IDEA?
31st July 2014, 03:33 AM |#7  
nope, your fine
also i looked and i think the most updated version of version 5 can be found in post 17 HERE
I know some people had issues a bit with it but the download link is working if you want to give it a shot.
Id have to dig through my files and check but i may have some more updated versions that ricandroid and i were working on... but the project kinda just stopped

ill look for ad_vitamin then too (which is almost identical to go_v5 but better in my opinion) as soon as i can
wont be near my files until tomorrow at the earliest
for now try out a few roms, make backups of the ones you like and as always
happy flashing!
31st July 2014, 09:21 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

As promised
neXus_GB.zip
neXus_CM.zip
ad_vitam.zip

happy flashing!

thank you! i love go_v5! its so awesome lol I had the modem working once but now the modem doesn't install on go_v5 and for ad_vitam. I choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, install the zip, then wipe dalvik cache and reboot. Am I doing something wrong?
31st July 2014, 09:42 PM |#10  
Well these ROMs include a modem that should work fine, if you are having issues there is a thread with all the modems for this device and it is possible that another may work better for you
Glad you like the ROM!

31st July 2014, 10:18 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Well these ROMs include a modem that should work fine, if you are having issues there is a thread with all the modems for this device and it is possible that another may work better for you
Glad you like the ROM!

nope none of the modems work am I doing something wrong? Could you tell me the steps you did to make go_v5 and ad_vitam work? I get E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] when I choose to wipe dalvik. At the end of the installtion for aroma for go_v5 I get set_perm_recursive()expects 4+ args, got -109755640 I don't know if that is an error or not
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)