If you don't know, what TWRP is then read http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 before flashing anything.
If you know, what TWRP is then read the disclaimer: use at your own risk, neither XDA, TeamWin nor I are responsible for anything bad and going wrong.
First of all you need adb and fastboot drivers and binaries installed on your PC. Grab them from the Android SDK, that suites to your PC's OS. Windows user may need the generic usb drivers. Linux users may need to start adb and fastboot with root rights, if they don't have the needed udev rules.
If your bootloader isn't unlocked yet, then you have to unlock it. There are to ways to boot into the fastboot mode.
]1. way to boot into fastboot mode:
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold power button until the "Insert USB" animation appears
- double press the power button to enter the boot menu. (you may need several attempts)
- within the bootmenu press power once to navigate, twice to select. Press twice to boot into fastboot
- now you can connect your watch with your PC.
- enable developer settings and ADB debugging from within the settings menu (you have to press 7 times the About->build number)
- connect your watch with your PC. Enter "adb devices" in your terminal/cmd and confirm adb permission for your watch on your smartphone.
- boot into bootloader with "adb reboot bootloader"
Now, in fastboot mode enter "fastboot oem unlock" twice to unlock the bootloader. Attention: this will factory reset your Smartwatch 3.
Some users reported, that their devises stuck on boot without the commands "fastboot format cache" and "fastboot format userdata", you should enter this commands before you the reboot, too.
Afterwards reboot your device and set it up again. Enable adb debugging, too.
- Boot into fastboot mode
- enter "fastboot flash recovery <NAMEOFTHE.IMG>"
- Power off the device
Now, TWRP is installed and you should boot straight into it with holding power button and selecting "Recovery" from the boot menu (see first way to boot into fastboot mode)
If you boot into system without booting twrp once, the system overwrittes twrp with the stock recovery. If this happens to you, then boot into fastboot and boot twrp without flashing it with "fastboot boot <NAMEOFTHE.IMG>". Afterwards boot into bootloader from the recovery's reboot menu and flash twrp again.
Download link: unofficial-twrp-22.214.171.124-tetra.img Updated on 30.12.2014
Now, if you want to root your Smartwatch 3 with Wear 5.0.1, go to http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ar-5-0-1-xdatv, download the "Wear supersu.zip" and flash it with your newly installed TWRP recovery.
If you want to use "adb sideload" make sure that you have the most recent adb binary on your pc.
Kernel source code: can be downloaded from https://android.googlesource.com/ker...a/sony/brooks/
TWRP device tree: https://github.com/perpe/android_device_sony_tetra
Many thanks to @Dees_Troy for making twrp avaible