FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ghostracer - GPS tracker for the Sony smartwatch 3

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By cjkiller, Member on 2nd December 2014, 03:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ghostracer is a gps tracking app where you can train against 'ghosts' during you run/ride. Supports the standalone features of the sony smartwatch 3.

Installation
To install the app you can get it here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ies.ghostracer

To install the beta you must first join this google community group : https://plus.google.com/communities/...94791246159447
Then click this link to become a tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ies.ghostracer
Then Beta updates should be available to upgrade/download.

XDA:DevDB Information
Ghostracer, Device Specific App for the Sony Smartwatch 3

Contributors
cjkiller

Version Information

Created 2014-12-02
Last Updated 2015-09-08
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small.png
Views:	2402
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	3044401  
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cjkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjkiller Ad-Free

2nd December 2014, 04:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkiller

@Basch88 I had a look yesterday at adding bluetooth LE, its high up on the to do list. Google added a feature in googlePlay api's to get Bluetooth. info Unfortunately this comes back with an error running from android wear. So will look into coding it myself.

Good thing you made this thread! I'll respond here then
Thanks a lot for working hard on BLE implementation!
The Following User Says Thank You to Basch88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Basch88 Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 06:13 PM |#3  
Flag Walnut Creek, CA
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Out of curiosity, are you using fit api or plain listener service?
2nd December 2014, 10:14 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XorZone

Out of curiosity, are you using fit api or plain listener service?

I'm using the google LocationServices.API for location. But the Fitness API is returning an error for me on the watch. Which I was trying to use for the sensor api.
The Following User Says Thank You to cjkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjkiller Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 11:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I ran with this today...a few bugs I found

- No GPS error when there is a signal
- Pace field seems to skip around allot and not be that realistic. You may want to do like a 3-5 sec avg to deal with the wild variationhere.
- Avg pace gets stuck and does not change
- Nothing is exporting to strava. I got home, watch reconnected and nothing moved over

Other suggestions
- When play or play from pause is selected it would be nice to bring you to data screens

Thanks again!
4th December 2014, 01:55 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs05

I ran with this today...a few bugs I found

- No GPS error when there is a signal
- Pace field seems to skip around allot and not be that realistic. You may want to do like a 3-5 sec avg to deal with the wild variationhere.
- Avg pace gets stuck and does not change
- Nothing is exporting to strava. I got home, watch reconnected and nothing moved over

Other suggestions
- When play or play from pause is selected it would be nice to bring you to data screens

Thanks again!

One more run (version .65)
1. Pace is still way off. It has me at 6:46 miles and not the 8:00 that it should be. Runkeeper at the same time reports 8:01.
2. Avg pace is off as well. perhaps its using time from the pause or something?
3. Still no upload to strava
4th December 2014, 02:22 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs05

One more run (version .65)
1. Pace is still way off. It has me at 6:46 miles and not the 8:00 that it should be. Runkeeper at the same time reports 8:01.
2. Avg pace is off as well. perhaps its using time from the pause or something?
3. Still no upload to strava

1 : The pace comes from the average last three location points received, will take it up to 6. So as a minimum that would be the average over the last 12 seconds.
2: The Avg pace is calculated from taking the paused time away from the overall time. Then working out the average.
Hopefully found the error for the Avg pace not updating. Unfortunately there's still a bug with average pace where if you paused the app, then moved however far and start again that distance would be included in the results.
3. Just to make sure....You need to click on the overflow button in the ghostracer app on the phone then click history. That's where the databases from the watch should be going. Can you check by just starting and stopping a run on the watch when its connected and see if that sends over. Will have to do some more investigating to see why some are not getting transferred.

Good suggestion about going to the data pages after start. Will try it for the next update.

In good news I was reading heart rate data the other night.....still be awhile off working though.

Thanks for testing.
4th December 2014, 02:27 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

In good news I was reading heart rate data the other night.....still be awhile off working though.

Thanks for testing.

Cool! What heart rate monitor are you using?

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app
4th December 2014, 02:34 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basch88

Cool! What heart rate monitor are you using?

Using the mio link.
I'm not a massive fan because I don't seem to be able to stop external light from effecting the sensor. But its the only bluetooth heart rate sensor I have.
4th December 2014, 03:02 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Using the mio link.
I'm not a massive fan because I don't seem to be able to stop external light from effecting the sensor. But its the only bluetooth heart rate sensor I have.

Ok, I own a polar h6 (excellent). Will report as soon as you release HRM update.

4th December 2014, 05:52 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Using the mio link.

I have MIO Link as well so we in luck! I just got it working using the sport gear app via some odd workaround, but its possible at least.

What do you mean the external light and the sensor? It gives you your HR zone via that light...I dont have any issues with the light
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)