FORUMS

[2019 Guide] How to convert Amazfit Bip Chinese into English (Chinese -International)

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By Bonegrindifier, Junior Member on 26th September 2019, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I live in China and bought an Amazfit Bip from Tmall. My googling had indicated that since ~2017 or 2018, the watch will switch languages into whatever the phone language was set to. So I bought one only to later find out this is no longer true in 2019. I contacted support, and they told me Amazfit Bips sold in China are unable to change the language, even just to English. What? When did that change? How come all these people who bought it before me were able to change the language so easily? I was angry.

Even Amazfit's official online support page is not helpful with random dates splattered around confusing me even more as to if this is changeable or not. Trying to find a way to do it only made me find either outdated procedures from 2016, or people in 2019 asking how to do it, with no answer!

So after a lot of research and trial and error, I finally managed to change the Chinese Bip into an International Bip with an English interface. So here is how I did it.

I am in no way responsible if you brick your Bip!! Flashing firmwares is always a risky procedure. You have been warned.

- Prerequisites:
An Amazfit Bip A1608 (Chinese version).
Make sure your Bip is paired with MiFit
Official Firmware v.1.1.5.04 stable
Gadgetbridge
Custom firmware from here or here

- Procedure:
1. Go to the Amazfit Bip settings page in MiFit and set the Discoverable setting to ON

2. Then scroll down to the end of the settings page and unpair your Bip from MiFit

3. Turn the Bip on and off again (The very last option in the watch's settings. Once tapped, tap yellow side for OK). Restart your phone too.

4. Download and install gadgetbridge from F-Droid. You can either just download or install the apk from that link, or install it directly from F-droid if you have it.

5. Turn on Airplane mode, and then turn Bluetooth and Location services back on.

6. Open gadgetbridge, and pair your Bip.

7. Take the official firmware you downloaded from here: Firmware v.1.1.5.04 stable for the Bip. We need this to downgrade the Bip to an older firmware to flash the "hacked" firmware that changes the Bip from the Chinese to International version.

8. Unzip the Firmware v.1.1.5.04 somewhere on your phone.

9. Open a file explorer and open the folder where you extracted the files. Tap to open Mili_chaohu.fw and it should give you the option to open it with gadgetbridge. Gadgetbridge will then give you the option to Flash it. Flash it, then repeat the same process for the other files in this order:

Mili_chaohu.ft
Mili_chaohu.res
Mili_chaohu.gps

Note: I used the non-latin files because I only need English and Chinese characters, so I don't know if the procedure works with the .latin files. If you do try it with the .latin versions and this all works properly, let me know!

10. Take the custom firmware you downloaded from here or here (that will convert your Bip into an international version) and extract it somewhere on your phone. Ignore the included gadgetbridge.apk

11. Click the 3 dots in gadgetbridge and check your HW ID.
- If your HW ID is : v0.11.1.4 then flash: "Mili_chaohu_CE_1.fw"
- If your HW ID is : v0.11.131.5 then flash: "Mili_chaohu_CE_131.fw"
Open the corresponding file in gadgetbridge like you did before and flash it
From my understanding, this procedure essentially changes the hardware ID in the firmware to the International ID.

12. Once flashed, go to your Bip's settings (on the watch) and perform a factory reset. This is the last setting on the second page of the settings (the second option from the bottom). Tap it, tap the yellow button for OK, then hold the side button for a bit to reset the watch. Your watch will then be reset.

13. Re-pair your watch to Gadgetbridge. Your watch should now be an International version, in English. You can now uninstall Gadgetbridge if you wish

14. Re-pair your watch to MiFit. It will upgrade the firmware fonts gps etc. to the latest version. Let it finish, and if everything went well, the Bip's interface will remain in English. Congratulations!

So this is how I did it. Some steps might be unnecessary, but I am not going to test them now that my watch is in English and works properly. It took a lot of trial and error and flashing until I figured out that the key was to downgrade the firmware to v.1.1.5.04 for it to work. Let me know if something was unnecessary when you did it.

Credit:
This post helped point me into the right direction, so thank you! The following posts were also helpful. Thanks!
This is the youtube video that gave out the files necessary to do this. Shout out to them for detailing the procedure and giving out the necessary files. Thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonegrindifier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bonegrindifier Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 11:41 AM |#2  
medkid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
hope you can figure out how to do the same thing for amazfit gtr, because I bought a chinese version, I can't change it to english. Thank you in advance
26th September 2019, 12:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medkid

hope you can figure out how to do the same thing for amazfit gtr, because I bought a chinese version, I can't change it to english. Thank you in advance

So it's the same issue with the GTR? Sorry to hear that, and I really wish I could help but I only have a Bip. I hope someone finds a way to change the language on the GTR soon.
22nd October 2019, 06:22 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
For me I would like to flash my bip back to Chinese version. I need Chinese fonts but I have converted my Bip to French version and if I flash the Chinese firmware, everytime I open MiFit it just update it back to French! any way to find how to revert my Bip back to Chinese version? Thanks.
23rd October 2019, 08:35 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qidamin

For me I would like to flash my bip back to Chinese version. I need Chinese fonts but I have converted my Bip to French version and if I flash the Chinese firmware, everytime I open MiFit it just update it back to French! any way to find how to revert my Bip back to Chinese version? Thanks.

Did you try flashing just the font, the .ft file for the Chinese version (non-Latin font), without the rest?
24th October 2019, 01:24 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I think I did, but everytime I am opening the MiFit app it will update the fonts. I have converted the Bip to Global version before flashing global firmware, so now my watch is like international version. I would like to know how to convert it back to Chinese version.
24th October 2019, 03:51 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qidamin

I think I did, but everytime I am opening the MiFit app it will update the fonts. I have converted the Bip to Global version before flashing global firmware, so now my watch is like international version. I would like to know how to convert it back to Chinese version.

You need to detail exactly what you flashed and how, and where you got the file you flashed from? There are many custom font files out there like the one with emojis and Mi Fit doesn't always reflash them from my experience, so you may be using the wrong file, or may need a patched MiFit apk that won't overwrite it every time.

Also, the Chinese version will be 100% in Chinese, so I'm not sure that's what you want if all you need is to display Chinese characters in notifications. But that's beyond the scope of this thread, so I suggest you open a new thread and write in detail what you did and what happens and I'm sure you'll find a solution to the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonegrindifier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bonegrindifier Ad-Free
18th December 2019, 09:36 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The links are not working any more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegrindifier

I live in China and bought an Amazfit Bip from Tmall. My googling had indicated that since ~2017 or 2018, the watch will switch languages into whatever the phone language was set to. So I bought one only to later find out this is no longer true in 2019. I contacted support, and they told me Amazfit Bips sold in China are unable to change the language, even just to English. What? When did that change? How come all these people who bought it before me were able to change the language so easily? I was angry.

Even Amazfit's official online support page is not helpful with random dates splattered around confusing me even more as to if this is changeable or not. Trying to find a way to do it only made me find either outdated procedures from 2016, or people in 2019 asking how to do it, with no answer!

So after a lot of research and trial and error, I finally managed to change the Chinese Bip into an International Bip with an English interface. So here is how I did it.

I am in no way responsible if you brick your Bip!! Flashing firmwares is always a risky procedure. You have been warned.

- Prerequisites:
An Amazfit Bip A1608 (Chinese version).
Make sure your Bip is paired with MiFit
Official Firmware v.1.1.5.04 stable
Gadgetbridge
Custom firmware from here or here

- Procedure:
1. Go to the Amazfit Bip settings page in MiFit and set the Discoverable setting to ON

2. Then scroll down to the end of the settings page and unpair your Bip from MiFit

3. Turn the Bip on and off again (The very last option in the watch's settings. Once tapped, tap yellow side for OK). Restart your phone too.

4. Download and install gadgetbridge from F-Droid. You can either just download or install the apk from that link, or install it directly from F-droid if you have it.

5. Turn on Airplane mode, and then turn Bluetooth and Location services back on.

6. Open gadgetbridge, and pair your Bip.

7. Take the official firmware you downloaded from here: Firmware v.1.1.5.04 stable for the Bip. We need this to downgrade the Bip to an older firmware to flash the "hacked" firmware that changes the Bip from the Chinese to International version.

8. Unzip the Firmware v.1.1.5.04 somewhere on your phone.

9. Open a file explorer and open the folder where you extracted the files. Tap to open Mili_chaohu.fw and it should give you the option to open it with gadgetbridge. Gadgetbridge will then give you the option to Flash it. Flash it, then repeat the same process for the other files in this order:

Mili_chaohu.ft
Mili_chaohu.res
Mili_chaohu.gps

Note: I used the non-latin files because I only need English and Chinese characters, so I don't know if the procedure works with the .latin files. If you do try it with the .latin versions and this all works properly, let me know!

10. Take the custom firmware you downloaded from here or here (that will convert your Bip into an international version) and extract it somewhere on your phone. Ignore the included gadgetbridge.apk

11. Click the 3 dots in gadgetbridge and check your HW ID.
- If your HW ID is : v0.11.1.4 then flash: "Mili_chaohu_CE_1.fw"
- If your HW ID is : v0.11.131.5 then flash: "Mili_chaohu_CE_131.fw"
Open the corresponding file in gadgetbridge like you did before and flash it
From my understanding, this procedure essentially changes the hardware ID in the firmware to the International ID.

12. Once flashed, go to your Bip's settings (on the watch) and perform a factory reset. This is the last setting on the second page of the settings (the second option from the bottom). Tap it, tap the yellow button for OK, then hold the side button for a bit to reset the watch. Your watch will then be reset.

13. Re-pair your watch to Gadgetbridge. Your watch should now be an International version, in English. You can now uninstall Gadgetbridge if you wish

14. Re-pair your watch to MiFit. It will upgrade the firmware fonts gps etc. to the latest version. Let it finish, and if everything went well, the Bip's interface will remain in English. Congratulations!

So this is how I did it. Some steps might be unnecessary, but I am not going to test them now that my watch is in English and works properly. It took a lot of trial and error and flashing until I figured out that the key was to downgrade the firmware to v.1.1.5.04 for it to work. Let me know if something was unnecessary when you did it.

Credit:
This post helped point me into the right direction, so thank you! The following posts were also helpful. Thanks!
This is the youtube video that gave out the files necessary to do this. Shout out to them for detailing the procedure and giving out the necessary files. Thank you!

The links are not working any more the frimware not downloadble and the uploaded files are damaged and can't open
Please upload new files somewhere that we can download . Thanks 🙏🙇
20th December 2019, 07:53 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masoodtirip

The links are not working any more the frimware not downloadble and the uploaded files are damaged and can't open
Please upload new files somewhere that we can download . Thanks 🙏🙇

Which links are not working and which files are damaged? I just tried downloading them and they seem to download fine on my end.
21st December 2019, 12:18 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The official 1.1.5.4 is ok but the custom frimware links are downloaded but when I try to open that tell me the rar file is damaged .I try to download again and again with phone and PC but no different and tell me damaged 🙁
Would you please upload it again an other place 🙏
10th January 2020, 12:56 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you very much
I have a Chinese version bip with a 1.1.6.34 and this is really work. My bip os now in Portuguese and a 1.1.6.36 international version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes