Amazfit battery drain issues

Search This thread

Khotu

Nov 20, 2015
Anybody facing massive battery drain of Amazfit app in smartphone? It use twice more battery that screen :/ and I dunno why. First 3 days was about 2-4% (thats okay) and suddenly I have 30%. Everything is off in watch, only some notyfications on.

kaiserik

Aug 25, 2017
friends.

i have the battery drain issue.
my model is amazfit pace a1612.

my friend dont have this issue, and the model is A1602.

which model is yours?
Same as you a1612

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Anybody facing massive battery drain of Amazfit app in smartphone? It use twice more battery that screen :/ and I dunno why. First 3 days was about 2-4% (thats okay) and suddenly I have 30%. Everything is off in watch, only some notyfications on.
Nothing from my side. Even if I force the app to be locked ON on multitask viewer on my xiaomi Redmi 4x the app has never been as high as you on % usage of battery.

Josua.

Jul 18, 2017
I was during 14 days on holidays and I left the watch switch off at home.
I tried yesterday to restore again the watch / delete reinstall the app on my phone / register with a new account / charge the watch full to 100% and put it in airplane mode during the night.
This morning, battery was at 85% (better than the 60% last time I tried this). I desactivated the airplane mode and it's connected to my phone since 4 hours now and the battery is at 79% (not so bad). I will continue to check battery all day long and maybe tomorrow...

Seems that few days switched off had good impact on the watch. Only thing I changed since my first try is that I didn't activate all the notifications for the apps I wanted to follow (Textra : Text Messages, Gmail etc...) and that I left the original WatchFace (Last time I switched to Time Travel since the beginning)... Will see...

It works!!!!! :victory: Thank you so much! I didn't wear my watch for 1 month and now I still got 20% left after 4 days.

What I did:
- Didn't use the watch for 1 month (Watch turned off)
- Updating to the newest Pacified rom
- Unpair the watch
- Connect and restore data
- Fully charge the watch on my PC

Keep you guys in touch if anything changes.

Last edited:

kaiserik

Aug 25, 2017
It works!!!!! :victory: Thank you so much! I didn't wear my watch for 1 month and now I still got 20% left after 4 days.

What I did:
- Didn't use the watch for 1 month (Watch turned off)
- Updating to the newest Pacified rom
- Unpair the watch
- Connect and restore data
- Fully charge the watch on my PC

Keep you guys in touch if anything changes.
Happy for you :) At about how many % battery did you turn off the watch before leaving it 1 month off?

From my side I think last official firmware 1.3.4f has good impact. Fully charge at 9am this morning. Now at 9pm I'm at 72% which is better than before.

I think that having slow charge through PC is good for battery and making "entire" cycles of battery charging during the night with watch off is also good.
I really cannot believe that's it's an hardware problem because it's going sometimes better for some of us

Josua.

Jul 18, 2017
Happy for you :) At about how many % battery did you turn off the watch before leaving it 1 month off?

From my side I think last official firmware 1.3.4f has good impact. Fully charge at 9am this morning. Now at 9pm I'm at 72% which is better than before.

I think that having slow charge through PC is good for battery and making "entire" cycles of battery charging during the night with watch off is also good.
I really cannot believe that's it's an hardware problem because it's going sometimes better for some of us
Thanks! I turned my watch off when it had about 30-35%

i read about this in many places.

the battery drain is a water damage.
Yes, I know but I'm still not certain. It's strange that some people like me also got this problem without swimming or showering with it. Maybe it's the rain, although it was never extreme in my case and it should be IP67. But I still don't understand why everything is back to normal after not using it for a while and having battery problems for 3 months. One thing is for sure, there is something wrong with the battery.

vinymaster

Aug 31, 2012
Vila Velha
Thanks! I turned my watch off when it had about 30-35%

Yes, I know but I'm still not certain. It's strange that some people like me also got this problem without swimming or showering with it. Maybe it's the rain, although it was never extreme in my case and it should be IP67. But I still don't understand why everything is back to normal after not using it for a while and having battery problems for 3 months. One thing is for sure, there is something wrong with the battery.

back to normal because the humidity was over, i tryng put mine in direct sun. lets try.

about water damage:
email recieved today from amazfit support:

"Hello Vinicius,

Thank you for contacting Amazfit.
If your compass doesn't work and battery drains so quickly, your watch maybe damaged by water.
Amazfit watch is water-resistant not waterproof.
It is IP 67 certified which means resistant to dust, rain, splashing, and accidental submersion.
Please don't wear the watch when taking a bath or go to swimming.
Water may compromise Water Resistance rating, damage the battery and cause breakdown, which can't be repaired.
Hope this infor helps.
Please let us know if you need any additional assistance. Cheers and have an excellent day!

Sincerely,
Molly | Amazfit Support"

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
So, if someone on customer support tries to dismiss a problem by throwing in the air some RTFM and stop bothering me stuff, like they always do, does that make it the official cause?
Even though we don't have any history of apparent links between humidity and battery drain in this or any other consumer electronics device?
And despite having a few examples here of people that apparently got over the problem in ways that have no relationship with the humidity?

No, a closed device (specially being IP67 rated) doesn't simply lose the humidity inside with time. If humidity or water gets inside an electronic device it'll most likely short circuit or ruin any component the water or humidity get in contact with. And the humidity most certainly won't vanish on its own without properly disassembling the device.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vinymaster

vinymaster

Aug 31, 2012
Vila Velha
So, if someone on customer support tries to dismiss a problem by throwing in the air some RTFM and stop bothering me stuff, like they always do, does that make it the official cause?
Even though we don't have any history of apparent links between humidity and battery drain in this or any other consumer electronics device?
And despite having a few examples here of people that apparently got over the problem in ways that have no relationship with the humidity?

No, a closed device (specially being IP67 rated) doesn't simply lose the humidity inside with time. If humidity or water gets inside an electronic device it'll most likely short circuit or ruin any component the water or humidity get in contact with. And the humidity most certainly won't vanish on its own without properly disassembling the device.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

makes sense

and if have internal humidify, when used a watch and heat , the humidity have to condense in glass internal, and this dont happen.

I will send tomorow to gearbest.

astrarico

Aug 17, 2017
no, I had the same problem. I opened the watch and I can tell you that there is no humidity in the watch. I had disconnected the battery and all the connectors for 3 days. And that's the best result I've had. For me it is not a problem of humidity but a material problem. something consumes the battery for no reason ...

Reactions: vinymaster

nizzamms

Aug 22, 2017
i just send my watch for warranty claim for my watch battery problem, cons, i have to wait one month, now i been given second chance , for my new watch n updated firmware 1.3.4f, my watch now can stand 97% for 20 hour..(without notification, as a watch only)

szelag

Dec 16, 2010
In my case problem it's not in a watch, it's a Amazfit app or a way to connect to it ...
In flight mode, the watch loses about 10% of the battery per day.
However, when i connect it with phone and Amazfit app work in backgroung, watch will lose 5-10% of the battery per hour.
If I force kill Amazify app using Greenify and use "Watch Droid" for alternative notification method, the battery works well and I have continuous connection and notification push to watch.
So my watch is hardware ok (PACE A1612 / 1.3.4f stock / SN 16121735xxxxxx), its a software bug in my opinion.
I'm sending message to amazfit support at the moment they told me to do a battery test, but the battery passed the test correctly, I have not received any further replies yet.
Sorry for my english, i'm helping google translator

Last edited:

exdeathpl

Jun 18, 2008
Katowice
i'm reporting today issue with battery drain after newest firmware update 1.3.4f ---> https://support.amazfit.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Here's my post

exadith said:
Hi there,
At first i want to thank you for solving my last report.
Few days ago there was a update to 1.3.4f firmware and app 1.7.5 IOS. After update i noticed something wrong with battery on my pace. Before update my watch can stay in live for 5 days using it for step counter, sleep analyzer, sport etc. But now it takes about 35 - 50 % per day!
On xda-dev forum there is a thread about battery draining and several users have noted that if watch is set to airplane mode then it takes max 10% per day but in normal mode battery runs out very quickly. Maybe its something wrong with bt connection? Changing battery life from 5 to 2 days is a big difference.

and this is an answer

AmazfitSupport said:
Hello Amazfit User,

Thank you for contacting Amazfit.
We are very glad to assist you.
Have you ever submerged the device into water? For example, did you wear it when you were swimming or taking a bath/shower?
Here are some tips on extending the battery life:

- Use Airplane mode to disable BT and WiFi
- Turn OFF continuous heart rate
- Turn off the notifications you don't need
- Turn off the Backlight mode

To troubleshoot your issue, please do a small test for us.

1) Fully charge your watch to 100%
2) Turn on the flight mode on the watch
3) Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone.
4) Make it untouched for 24 hours
5) Check the power consumption

Please also tell us what time you started the test , what time the battery started consuming, and how much battery consumed during 24 hours.

If the power consumption is greater than 15% when you complete the test, please report error through your amazfit watch, upload a feedback through your amazfit watch app and send us your amazfit ID- which is a string of numbers in your app. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional assistance. Cheers and have an excellent day!

If u want to help with battery life, try test with me and report it to Amazfit Support.

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
55 % within 9,5 hours in airplane mode. It even consumes power when it's turned off. But it might be my own fault since I have been wearing it a couple of times during quick showers. I thought that was ok with an ip 67 rated device. But the watch was a kind of a disappointment any way, because of the bad Gps sensor.

gubenkoved

Oct 29, 2017
The same here. Suddenly started to drain after month+ of usage -- now discharges in about 15 hours in "fly mode" almost without usage at all. Tried reset to factory defaults with no luck.

Model: A1612
ROM: 1.3.4f
Phone: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

szelag

Dec 16, 2010
@exdeathpl - I received an identical letter from the Amazfit support.
P.S greetings from Poznan :)

For me the battery problem has disappeared (!!!!) when I installed in my LG G4 the latest Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2 in place of stock 6.0 from LG)
The battery now lives fine, about 5-10% per day when watch is always connected to the phone and Amazfit application run.
I'm happy :D

nizzamms

Aug 22, 2017
i dont know with other users, but i notice something, if i leave my phone fully charged 100% about 3 or 4 hour before i disconnect usb charger and use it, i can get 99% percent for 6 hour , maybe somebody will try to comfirm this ...

my firmware is 1.3.4f , no notification and not connected to phone, i just use "prototype source" watchface

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same issue. Cloud sync is the cause. In my case problem occurred after one "Indoor run" session and myself not pushing the data with the Strava (application), while previously would do that manually.

To fix:

1) Turn off "Auto upload" (<Watch> -> Settings)
    2) Sync data ONLY with the Strava application (if installed) on phone (<Phone> -> Amazfit Watch (application) -> Me -> Add accounts -> Strava -> Data sync)
    3) Just check that everything is ok (not getting strange sync errors) on phone (<Phone> -> Amazfit Watch (application) -> Status -> Scroll down until bike animation -> result of syncing should be OK)
    4) Reboot <Watch> (just in case, though probably not required)

Previously battery drained after one day. Currently battery on 62% after two days without recharging.

p.s. Amazfit Watch (application) is causing it because of problems during data synchronization to the "cloud" (probably by incorrectly communicating with the Strava (application)). Most obvious symptom to look for is by going straight to the step 3) and see whether you get strange messages regarding syncing with progress text like "361/0"
    [SOLVED] Battery drain issue for Amazfit Pace

My Amazfit lost battery within half a day and i tried so much to fix this.
    Started to believe in a hardware problem but after completely resetting the watch and pairing it with a new MI account and not restoring any data it runs several days without charging. I am quite sure the reason for the problem is an unfinished sync that is constantly repeated. Also seems that flight mode doesn't deactivate BT completely as it had no effect on the battery drain. When the connected phone was completely turned off, the battery seemed to last.
    I am a bit confused. ;)
    What are your experiences with that problem?

Hi all,

I've finally solved the battery drain issue for my Amazfit Pace I've bought one year ago.
    I would like to underline that I've always washed the watch under the shower and also when I washed my hands. The smartwatch is IP67 certified, that means IP67 means the unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for half an hour.
    My problems raised when I forgot the watch at my hand, during a sea swim. Even if the Amazfit pace is water resistant and the water has not entered into the unit, salt minerals entered into the only hole on the smartwatch: the microphone hole.
    When I opened the unit, I've found that all contacts were in perfect condition without any oxide on components and smartwatch internal parts. The small paper placed on the mainboard to verify if water entered inside the smartwatch, had not changed color from blank to red, meaning no water presence.
    However, in some way some salt has affected the microphone causing oxidation and short circuit: this is the cause of battery drain.
    The microphone is protected by a plastic dress fitting its shape and at the end of the hole there is a thin membrane that should prevent water to enter but maybe is not so resistant to small salt minerals.
    I solved the problem washing the microphone with isopropylic alchol and then removing the oxidation residuals with a small tip.
    Now the battery discharged in 5-6 days as expected for a normal use in airplane mode.
    Considering that microphone function is not so useful because there is no correct and plain translation from chinese to english or other languages, you can think to close the hole with some plastic material or, as I've done, with a small drop of plastic glue in order to close the hole avoiding voice blocking.

I hope my experience can help!

Matteo
    Hello,

I have recently bought a new Amazfit Pace and it didn't took long to run into battery drain. So I decided to test a bit and I think I found something.
    When the Amazfit app syncs health data, this is shown at the bottom of the app, when sync is finished the field change to green and disappear. But after that, about 3-5 seconds later, another datatransmission is made (indicated by network speed meter in androids statusbar), I think the weatherdata is syncing now. But the app doesn't show this so if the user closes the app before or while weather is updating, thinking everything is fine, the watch runs into unfinished sync and into battery drain.
    Best workaround is to wait some time after a sync to be sure everything is synced and finished.
    I have a same problem,battery just for half a day,finnaly normal after connected to phone and sync to amazfit app and charge it until full and viola normal ,10% battery for 17 hours

can you explain a little bit more? How fix you that exactly---
    Finally fixed mine too by removing the mic module. Battery life back to beast mode !

Can pls elaborate on how you removed the mic module?

Thank you.