You may be aware that you can load custom Android application to the great Amazfit watch using ADB and launch them using the Launcher UI. So I decided to try a simple calculator for the Watch.
After a couple of days of tweaking around the layout / logic / functionalities to include, I settled down on some basic functions and layout and was able to install and test on the Amazfit.
Give it a try and share your thoughts. Reminds me of the old Casio calculator watches
- Download the APK from here: https://mega.nz/#!yIIWVYDT!aIzbrGPJ8...6Z-Jf5Db5LoVw8
- Connect the watch to your computer via USB and access via ADB (install ADB Drivers as needed)
- Open command prompt or shell
- Type "adb devices" to check if your devices is listed
- Type "adb install calculator.apk" to install the app to the watch (make sure to use the correct path to the APK, if not copied to ADB folder)
- You should see the Success message after sometime
- To uninstall type "adb uninstall com.madtechcorp.amazfitcalculator" from your command prompt or shell
In the watch, if you have not already enabled "Launcher App List", go to "More Settings" -> "About" -> Keep clicking legal information till you see countdown to zero. Once that is done, you will have the Lab link below. Click on Lab and select "Launcher AppList". This will restart your Launcher. Now go to the Right most app from your watch face, you will see the Launcher.
Scroll through and Click the Calc icon to launch the Calculator.
- Try to your own risk (though I don't see any risk here
- Launcher AppList may only be available in Chinese ROM. Not sure if it is available for US ROM Version. (If you are interested, there is thread by Neuer_User here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3539431 that will allow you to install latest English Translated Chinese ROM on your watch.
- The watch will vibrate shortly when you press any operator (like +, -.) and vibrate little longer if there is overflow error. Little indicators l added
Credits: Langdon Himebaugh (https://github.com/langhimebaugh/Calculator) for logic and layout ideas.