FORUMS

Amazfit fakes heart rates?

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ventura1977, Junior Member on 14th August 2017, 07:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have an e-bike. Just to test the GPS accuracy of my new watch i used the "bike" sport program. The top speed of my bike is around 20-24 km/h. The GPS tracking went really well, I am impressed there. However I saw rather strange and high heart rate readings. It was 113 bpm in average and 146 bpm as highest. I actually do not have much physical activity using the e-bike in full assist mode. I really have to push hard myself to get my heart rate to about 150 pbm.
I did repeat the test and got the same result.
So I have to conclude that, the watch checks my speed and thinks I am pushing hard on a "real" bike. It does not take the actual sensor reading, but something "pre-programmed" = fake one.
14th August 2017, 08:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventura1977

Hi,

I have an e-bike. Just to test the GPS accuracy of my new watch i used the "bike" sport program. The top speed of my bike is around 20-24 km/h. The GPS tracking went really well, I am impressed there. However I saw rather strange and high heart rate readings. It was 113 bpm in average and 146 bpm as highest. I actually do not have much physical activity using the e-bike in full assist mode. I really have to push hard myself to get my heart rate to about 150 pbm.
I did repeat the test and got the same result.
So I have to conclude that, the watch checks my speed and thinks I am pushing hard on a "real" bike. It does not take the actual sensor reading, but something "pre-programmed" = fake one.

Hmm, it's probably that. Although it gives me approx. the same readings on my regular bike, but I'm just a fat bastard.

If you have a chance to wear some other heart rate bracelet simultaneously, do that, and compare results.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk
15th August 2017, 03:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Their faking algorithm is well known to be very advanced... it also takes temperature, atmospheric pressure, activity duration, your weight, height, and age into account. It also manages to pass comparative tests to other similar devices and external heart rate monitors, and detects when you give your watch to another person and measures his HR correctly. Ah, yes, and yesterday I saw some bright lights in the sky - be prepared, the aliens are coming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trueruer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trueruer Ad-Free
17th August 2017, 12:20 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueruer

Their faking algorithm is well known to be very advanced... it also takes temperature, atmospheric pressure, activity duration, your weight, height, and age into account. It also manages to pass comparative tests to other similar devices and external heart rate monitors, and detects when you give your watch to another person and measures his HR correctly. Ah, yes, and yesterday I saw some bright lights in the sky - be prepared, the aliens are coming.

Hi,

Can't decide what you are saying... So you mean the measurements should be correct and I am "making up" the complaints on the bad readings? Or else?
17th August 2017, 01:07 PM |#5  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

Hi,

and I am "making up" the complaints on the bad readings?

it's different to say that "i get bad readings" (or not very accurate) and different "i get fake readings"

btw gps has nothing to do with the hr measures (common sense , gps is only for outdoor activities)
17th August 2017, 02:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Hi,

Can't decide what you are saying... So you mean the measurements should be correct and I am "making up" the complaints on the bad readings? Or else?

I've just showed you what happens when way of thinking is flawed, based on what I see when using only my amazfit device and taking your hypothesis that there is a faking algorithm involved. Nothing more. I suggest you read this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method , then continue your investigation into why in your case the watch is showing faulty(if it is faulty) data and in what conditions. Otherwise your proposition about faking is no different than the one about an alien invasion coming every time there is a bright light in the sky.
17th August 2017, 03:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I kinda ran into a similar issue. I was wearing the Pace past the wristbone and had my Schosche Rythmm+ on the forearm connected to my Under Amour App on my smartphone and went for a walk/Run - the heartrate readings and caloric burn were way off. The highest my Pace Watch would show is about 110 or 120, but i was running 400M intevals with 2:30 minutes of rest in between. My Rythm was showing 140-160 on the sprints. Which is about accurate.

So I am question the ability and accuracy of the device. If we could connect to an external HRM via Bluetooth this watch would be killa!
17th August 2017, 05:37 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
I really like the watch and not trying to make up stories guys. It was a simple observation about an odd behaviour.
Somewhere I have saw posted that single measurements seems to be accurate, but if you ran a sport program it is way off.
I suppose the easiest way is to verify this is to run a program while sitting in the car or bus with gps good signal.
19th August 2017, 01:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Is there a possibility that while on your bike felt adrenaline when you were going fast causing your heart rate to go up?
19th August 2017, 07:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Honestly, if you want accurate heart rates get an Amazfit Health Band w/it's ECG sensor. http://amazfitcentral.com/amazfit-he...pecifications/
20th August 2017, 03:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use mine for jogging. The first firmware was very accurate but after the OTA update it always said that heart rate too high, over 170. Then I have to keep the strap pretty tight to get better reading.

Then I changed the firmware to PACIfied version. Reading was good again & without too much tightening of strap.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)