FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[AMAZFIT][BIP] LANGUAGE FIRMWARE (English, Italian, and others)

980 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,307

Post Reply Email Thread
Waiting for the official release of the English ROM, some developers have come to do in trying to translate the firmware and make it available to everyone. The first ROM was born in English and immediately after that in Italian (the main developer, being Italian, was expecting it). I want to thank @dpeddi to make 2 tools the first to extract image from the firmware and the second to automatically translate from chinese to others languages. You can find this 2 tools on Amazfit Bip's github page. To flash the Bip's firmware we will use Gadgetbridge App (thanks to Freeyourgadget team)

HOW TO FLASH THE MODIFIED FIRMWARE
- Download the zip package and extract it in a pc folder;
- To flash a modified firmware you will need of mifit and gadgetbridge app;
- Before proceeding with the flash, it's better if you update your Bip at the last version available through MiFit;
- Now you must set your Bip like discoverable (or gadgebridge app will not find it);
Discoverable option

- Then open gadgetbridge app, give it all permissions needed, and sync your Bip with gadgetbridge app;
Gadgetbridge connected

- Now copy .fw and .res files on your phone and open them through a file manager like X-Plore or Es File Manager or others. You must select "FW/App installer" option like screen below;
FW/App installer

- Now click on install and wait the end of the process (it may take a few minutes);
Install page

- You must do this update for both files (.fw and .res) better if you update before the .res and then the .fw;
- Remember after you have updated the .fw the Bip will automatically rebooted, this will not happen when you update .res file;
- When you finish the flash, you can uninstall gadgetbridge app and enjoy your new translated Bip

NEW LANGUAGE
If you make another tranlsation please comment o contact me, i will add your translation to this thread ( if you do not know where to start, go to the github page )

DOWNLOAD
Mifit Latest Version
Gadgebridge App
English Firmware
(There are 2 versions one translated by me and one translated by @dpeddi, both works, just there are some different translations)
Italian Firmware
(Thanks to Francko76 @QTeknology )
French Firmware
(Thanks to @flippy12)

FACEBOOK GROUP
Italian Group
International Group
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free

9th September 2017, 05:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Done
Thank bro 👍👍👍
9th September 2017, 07:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I would like to try to translate it to greek. I will try and i will let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to pamposmouskos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pamposmouskos Ad-Free
9th September 2017, 02:47 PM |#4  
Flag Castellón (SPAIN)
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Does the weather show in English or in Chinesse, sorry I still haven't got the watch
9th September 2017, 03:10 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoglezp

Does the weather show in English or in Chinesse, sorry I still haven't got the watch

The weather infos are in the MiFit app and not in the smartwatch. There are some modified MiFit apk with all languages
The Following User Says Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
9th September 2017, 03:12 PM |#6  
Flag Castellón (SPAIN)
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronofrio

The weather infos are in the MiFit app and not in the smartwatch. There are some modified MiFit apk with all languages

Could you please link me to mi fit 3.0.6 modded for that? Thank you in advance
Also I think would be helpful for other people to stick it in the OP.
9th September 2017, 04:02 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoglezp

Could you please link me to mi fit 3.0.6 modded for that? Thank you in advance
Also I think would be helpful for other people to stick it in the OP.

i dont have it, but if you want it you can search on google "MiFit Postman", i think latest version modified is the 3.0.5
9th September 2017, 04:38 PM |#8  

More
Nice guide! Can't wait to get my watch. Couple days to go.
9th September 2017, 11:36 PM |#9  

More
-EDIT-
Nvm... I'm too dumb...

Great work, everything works fine!
10th September 2017, 07:21 AM |#10  
Flag Staszów
Thanks Meter: 139

More
I compile file .fv via GitHub (python), but I cannot do it with .res. How to compile file .RES??
The Following User Says Thank You to tomurbanowicz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomurbanowicz Ad-Free
10th September 2017, 12:12 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomurbanowicz

I compile file .fv via GitHub (python), but I cannot do it with .res. How to compile file .RES??

there is another python for the res called res2img.py
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazfit, amazfit bip, english, gadgetbridge, language

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)