FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[APP] Springboard Settings for Pace - Rearrange/Enable/Disable pages on the launcher

7,655 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,330

Post Reply Email Thread
Springboard Settings allows you to customise the home launcher (Springboard), enabling/disabling and rearranging the pages on the screen. This allows you to customise it on the watch, rather than having to use the Amazfit app on your phone, and also allows for the removal of the China-only pages on the PACEfied ROM, without the need for the Chinese Amazfit app. As well as this, you can customise the order as you would in the phone app, and it's also compatible with custom pages

Screenshot

Download
Download from attachments

Installation
Code:
adb install -r SpringboardSettings-1.1.apk
Uninstallation
Code:
adb uninstall com.kieronquinn.app.springboardsettings
Usage
Simply open the app and scroll through the list. There's switches for each item to enable or disable them, and long pressing an item will allow you to drag it around. Changes are automatically saved and take effect on the launcher immediately, closing the app will show them
Whilst the app tries to get the current order correct, it's sometimes not perfect. Relaunching it or rebooting the watch sometimes helps.
Warning: The state of the sport launcher (usually displayed on the left screen from the clock) can be changed in this app. Whilst it works, and disables the page, it causes glitches and bugs in the launcher if you do. You're welcome to just deal with this if you don't want the sport launcher (called gpx-recorder/SportLauncherView in the app), hence why it's not simply hidden, but it's not recommended

Changelog
Version 1.1
- Added a notice when no pages have been loaded
- Removed unused activity_main XML

Version 1.0
- Initial release

Source
This app is open source, feel free to use the source in anything else, including the layout system, and see how the settings system works in code: https://github.com/KieronQuinn/Amazf...gboardSettings

How it works
The launcher saves and reads the layout from two system settings: springboard_widget_order_in and springboard_widget_order_out
springboard_widget_order_in contains the main list, ordering and state for each page - but doesn't always contain all pages (not sure why). Editing this setting is how this app works, and the setting is in JSON form
springboard_widget_order_out contains the full list of pages, but whilst it also contains values for state and order is not used for loading. The app uses this to read any other pages, including custom ones (which I can currently get to show as blank pages with no content - more on that when I get them working)
Attached Files
File Type: apk SpringboardSettings-1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.37 MB, 5660 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th February 2018, 12:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Great app, even better customisation than the phone app (I turned off sports and put timer in its place).

I do have a minor bug to report though. The app failed to load a list of widgets then crashed the launcher on exit the first 2 times I tried to run it. I think I kind of know why.

Whenever I install a new app on the pace (I use apkinstaller) the widgets all return to their default order. I can fix this by going into the phone app and toggling any widget off then on again (the phone app retains my custom settings).

I get the feeling that the config file for widget order is getting deleted/altered when I install an apk and that's whats causing the problem.

After using the phone app to fix widget order your app works fine, but I can imagine this bug could be a bit of a roadblock for some people.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowcaster666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowcaster666 Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 02:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
Nice work, please keep up! Cross fingers for custom widgets!

Official Software: not working?
Click image for larger version

Name:	13-02-2018-04-40-11.png
Views:	560
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	4418304

Edit:
- Opening / Closing widgets from phone app did the trick! (thanks @shadowcaster666)
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatApo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GreatApo Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 10:28 AM |#4  
Flag Petah Tiqwa
Thanks Meter: 364

Donate to Me
More
confirming that it works on Nicola's StratOS 1.0 based on 2.0.7.5 rom - cannot move the activities to the other side of the actual clock, tried to place the weather to the left of the watch, still remains on the right.
13th February 2018, 11:48 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Attachment 4418304

Have you tried what the post above you suggested doing? If that doesn't work, please provide a logcat as it'll show the error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1immortal

confirming that it works on Nicola's StratOS 1.0 based on 2.0.7.5 rom - cannot move the activities to the other side of the actual clock, tried to place the weather to the left of the watch, still remains on the right.

Yup it doesn't allow that, appears to be hard coded into the launcher. Shame, because I would have liked the left side of the clock to be an app launcher and the right pages to be normal, so you don't have to scroll all the way to the end to launch an app. A custom app drawer page would make this better, then it could be the first page on the right...
13th February 2018, 10:39 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Have you tried what the post above you suggested doing? If that doesn't work, please provide a logcat as it'll show the error

It did the trick. Add it to the first post
13th February 2018, 11:08 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It did the trick. Add it to the first post

Great! I will do when I'm on my PC, and probably update the app so it shows a message with instructions if it doesn't find the setting. I had that come up once during testing but thought it was caused by the app not saving correctly, but obviously not.
14th February 2018, 01:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

A custom app drawer page would make this better, then it could be the first page on the right...

Some android wear launchers have been ported to the pace. I have "Quick Launch" installed. It allows you to pull down and app list by swiping down from the top left corner.

This does a pretty good job of giving you quick access to your apps. But it would be very nice to be able to customise the order of apps in the app list.

I noticed something else that's a little odd. You cant scroll to the left from the "sports" app. So if you move the sports list from the left most position to anywhere else, once you scroll past it you can't scroll back. You can still just hit the home button.
18th February 2018, 06:08 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Attachment 4418304

Edit:
- Opening / Closing widgets from phone app did the trick! (thanks @shadowcaster666)

Cross your fingers no more: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...-pace-t3751731
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2018, 09:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@Quinny899 you sir have just unlocked unlimited possibilities fo Pace, and I believe I owe you a full post Thank you!!
19th February 2018, 01:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good work ! But after sync with Amazfit app settings are canceled 😨
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazfit, launcher, pace, settings, springboard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)