[APP] UK Train Times - Live train departures & arrivals on the Pace/Stratos

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk

Train times on your watch!

This is a simple app, originally developed to test the Communication library. It's designed to mimic a platform-level train departure board at a station, but displaying the platform too.

Features
- Add all of your local stations as options (tap the station name to pick from a list)
- Supports both departures and arrivals
- Shows all trains coming to the station soon (on time, delayed or cancelled) and the dreaded rail replacement buses
- Tap an item for full info on a full screen layout
- Displays calling points, including times
- Shows statuses of the trains, including minor delays
- Updates automatically every minute
- Also supports pull down to refresh
- Always shows a clock on screen so you don't lose track

Data from National Rail Enquiries

This app requires the Amazfit Internet Companion app to be installed on your phone. To find out how to install that, see this thread

Installation and Usage
- Make sure you have the Amazfit Internet Companion app installed (see above)
- Download the latest release from here, and install it as follows:
Code:
adb install -r AmazfitUKTrainTimes-1.0.apk
- Launch it from the app list in the launcher (this needs to be enabled, see here)

Troubleshooting
It shows an error loading!
Check your watch and phone are connected (neither in airplane mode, Bluetooth for both is on and connected, phone is connected to the internet), and try restarting the service in the Amazfit Internet Companion app (See app thread for details)

I can't close the app!
Swipe on the clock at the bottom, it doesn't work on the train list. Alternatively, long press on the station name to close the app immediately

Attachments

• AmazfitUKTrainTimes-1.0.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Adi59

Nov 24, 2015

This is a simple app, originally developed to test the Communication library. It's designed to mimic a platform-level train departure board at a station, but displaying the platform too.

Features
- Add all of your local stations as options (tap the station name to pick from a list)
- Shows all trains coming to the station soon (on time, delayed or cancelled) and the dreaded rail replacement buses

This app requires the Amazfit Internet Companion app to be installed on your phone. To find out how to install that, see this thread

Installation and Usage
Code:
- Launch it from the app list in the launcher (this needs to be enabled, see here)

Troubleshooting
Check your watch and phone are connected (neither in airplane mode, Bluetooth for both is on and connected, phone is connected to the internet), and try restarting the service in the Amazfit Internet Companion app (See app thread for details)

I can't close the app!
Swipe on the clock at the bottom, it doesn't work on the train list. Alternatively, long press on the station name to close the app immediately

Good Job! I like the idea a lot, and I would like to try to do the same, but for NS (Netherlands train system). I will start with understanding the "Amazfit Internet Companion" and was thinking if you can help me by releasing the source code of the app via Github or any other platform? I will give credits to your work ofc, or if you would like to keep control over the app and if you have time to implement same concept but getting the train info from ns.nl, it would be really really nice...

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Good Job! I like the idea a lot, and I would like to try to do the same, but for NS (Netherlands train system). I will start with understanding the "Amazfit Internet Companion" and was thinking if you can help me by releasing the source code of the app via Github or any other platform? I will give credits to your work ofc, or if you would like to keep control over the app and if you have time to implement same concept but getting the train info from ns.nl, it would be really really nice...

I'm not releasing this to github, because the basic concept and code for getting data from the internet is already available, in the example project within this repo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features

Installation and Usage
    Code:

Troubleshooting

I can't close the app!