Pace/Stratos/Verge Calendar Widget
After @Quinny899 's excellent work , we are able to make widget/apps! So, here is the first Calendar Widget for our Amazfit Pace/Stratos! This app would be displayed as a widget after you reboot your watch (or the launcher). In order to move this widget you will need @Quinny899 's "Springboard Settings" app from here since it can't be moved through the phone app.
If you want to support my work or the other devs involved, now is your chance to buy us a beer or help us gather the money for our next watch device:
- GreatApo's donation button
- lfom's donation button
- Amazmod OpenCollective
- Quinny899 donation button
- This is a Pace/Stratos/Verge Widget (2 actually)
- Calendar and Timeline widgets
- Change to previous/next months (swipe/buttons)
- Refresh to current date
- Vibration on button touches (default disabled)
- Date is refreshed when you change back to this widget
- Double tap/press for settings
- Change calendar's color
- Show/Hide year number
- Show/Hide week numbers
- Select Sunday or Monday as 1st day of the week
- Supported languages: English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Right to left Calendar support (for Hebrew language)
- Settings are saved
- Calendar events are shown (new style, phone events through Amazmod or iCalendar feed/file)
- You can touch on each day for more events info
- Timeline event view as widget or launchable from app list/Calendar (deprecated separate old Timeline Widget)
- Support of iCalendar feed (URL) and local ICS file
- You tell us!
Calendar Events - How To
There are 3 ways to get your calendar evens.
1. From phone: Install Amazmod (both phone+watch) and forward phone's stock calendar events.
2. From iCalendar feed: Create the file "/sdcard/Android/data/com.dinodevs.pacecalendarwidget/files/pacecalendar.txt" and write your iCalendar feed url in the first line (eg. http://mysuperdupercalendar.ics). Your events will be updated from WiFi (be connected). Powered by iCal4j library.
3. From iCalendar local file: Put your ics file at "/sdcard/Android/data/com.dinodevs.pacecalendarwidget/files/" named as "calendar.ics". This file is been searched only if there is no URL of method 2 and WiFi is off.
For 2 & 3, after placing the files, press the events button, the Timeline will open, press the refresh icon
ADB install command / restart launcher: (if you have errors, uninstall the previous version first)
If you are on Verge, you need to enable the widget using "Springboard Settings" app from Quinny899 or Amazmod. If the widget does not show up, reboot the watch and try again.Code:adb install -r PaceCalendarWidget.X.X.X.apk adb shell am force-stop com.huami.watch.launcher
ADB uninstall command:
ADB command to delete calendar data from watch:Code:adb uninstall com.dinodevs.pacecalendarwidget
Code:adb shell settings delete system CustomCalendarData
Code:Version 1.9.6 (10/03/2020) • Timeline widget also availableCode:Version 1.9.5 (09/09/2019) • Timeline code improvements • Calendar launchable from app draw (new activity) • Translation improvements (added missing translated words, Bulgarian UI adjustments & Vietnamese days fix) • Week number fix when Monday is 1stCode:Version 1.9.4 (02/09/2019) • Added Bulgarian, Danish & Vietnamese translations (by danireo, thra1982 & chienkd) • Added ability to launch Timeline from app drawCode:Version 1.9.3 (07/02/2019) • Today's event color change fix • New event refresh button • Display messages improved with more info • Last saved vibration preference not loading fix • Missing vibration from events button added • New Timeline style compatible with calendar colors • Multiple "Today" separator fixCode:Version 1.9.2 (04/02/2019) • Local iCalendar (*.ics file) support by LFOM • No event location crash fixCode:Version 1.9.1 (02/02/2019) • New icons buttons • iCal support (local URL, update with wifi) by LFOM • Long press timer on timeline to load iCal events • Crash fix when events have never been saved • Previous month crash fix • Verge compatibility fixes by LFOMCode:Version 1.9.0 (02/02/2019) • Calendar events are now shown (much of the work was done by @lfom) • Timeline widget is also integrated in the calendar • Hungarian translation fixCode:Version 1.8.0 (16/01/2019) • Verge compatibility fix by LFOM • Romanian translation added by Xonx • Croatian translation added by TumiBC • Various translation display fixesCode:Version 1.7.0 (13/09/2018) • Korean translation added by eastway11 • Thai translation added by iamping • Vibration option added • Added week numbers (default disabled)Code:Version 1.6.3 (28/06/2018) • Added Turkish translation • Added settings icon • Open settings with screen double tapCode:Version 1.6.2 (26/05/2018) • Added Dutch translation (thanks to Northguy)Code:Version 1.6.1 (14/04/2018) • Czech language fixCode:Version 1.6 (13/04/2018) • Settings are now saved in the emulated external storage • Added Czech, Hebrew, Polish translations (thanks to kaziu687, pavel zeldin and selvok) • Right to Left calendar support • Settings pop up bug fix reverted to version's 1.4 solution + long press duration is set to 2sec • Ability to call double click listener in source codesCode:Version 1.5 (10/04/2018) • Added translations for setting texts • Swipe calibrations • Fixed settings opening bug for Stratos (?)Code:Version 1.4 (09/04/2018) • Swipe up/down to change month added again • Long press rescripted • Ability to use left/right swipes in source code (not recomended for widget mode)Code:Version 1.3 (08/04/2018) • Translations added (ported from this project: jsCalendar) • Set Monday 1st day of the week • Vibration on button touch • Bug clicking refresh while on settings fixedCode:Version 1.2 (08/04/2018) • Refresh to current date after widget change • Change calendar's color • Show/Hide year number • Swipe removedCode:Version 1.1 (07/04/2018) • Custom made • New design • Refresh to current date • Swipe to move through months (buggy)Code:Version 1.0 (19/02/2018) • Initial release
Quinny899 's work over springboard widgets . The source code is writen with coments so you can use it as a base to create a widget. There are already scripted codes (ex. hard coded swipes/long clicks) that you may need. For more about how to set up a widget/app for Pace, you can also follow this topic "[DEV] Create custom home screen pages for the Pace".
- Can I sync my phone calendar events with this app?
You can't. However, some devs are working on it.Now you can!
- My language is not included!
Reply to this topic with your language's week days, months and the texts you see in settings. I will add them ASAP.
- Can I get reminders from this widget?
No since your calendar phone app can/will throw notifications that will then be forwarded to the watch. Hence, there is no need for reminders.
- What is the battery impact?
Data are send through Amazmod's battery and alarm data forwarding, but calendar data updated only if there is a change (but also once a day). Hence, you will not see any difference relative to forwarding batttery/alarm only.
- Do I have to install Timeline Widget?
No you don't have too, it is integrated in the calendar (click a button and it opens). However, if you need the Timeline as a widget, you should.
- I have the [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE] error!
Run the uninstall command from adb first. (don't uninstall with Amazfit Tools)
- I see a black widget!
This indicates a widget crash. I may not be aware of the problem, so, a logcat will help me fix it.
To save LogCat to a text file open up a terminal window and type: (it will create a file named "logcat.txt" in your current directory)
Code:adb logcat -d > logcat.txt
Code:Quinny899, DarkThanos, LFOM, iCal4j library team (https://github.com/ical4j/ical4j) and all the translators (see changelog)