Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][PACE/STRATOS] Android Wear Framework

7,407 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,948

Post Reply Email Thread
...and not WearOS because this is from an Android 5.1.1 build from 2015

I talked about the Wear framework in this thread, and how it can be partially installed onto the Pace and Stratos

THIS DOES NOT MEAN A FULLY WORKING ANDROID WEAR BUILD!

It doesn't connect to the Wear app, even after installing all the APKs required and following the correct setup procedure (some bluetooth error, even after patching it with the supposed workaround for normal apps, it doesn't work - maybe the Bluetooth stack on these watches doesn't work for Wear)

What it does allow is for standalone wear apps with really simple functions to work. Good examples of this are Wear Bottle Spinner (eliseo.wearbottlespinner.wear) and Interval timer for Android Wear (wearablesoftware.wearintervaltimer), which on this list are "not working" due to lack of wear framework, but work after these files have been copied.

Please do not attempt this if you want a fully stable device, or don't feel comfortable debugging. It may not work for you, and you may end up having to post crash logs or have a not-working device. This is a development thread, it's not fully ready for use yet

Installation

- Download this zip
- Extract it and run the following commands from the folder
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb push com.google.android.wearable.jar /system/framework
adb push clockwork-system.jar /system/framework
adb push com.google.android.wearable.xml /system/etc/permissions
adb push clockwork-system.xml /system/etc/permissions
adb push ClockworkAmbient.apk /system/priv-app/ClockworkAmbient/ClockworkAmbient.apk
adb reboot
I think this is all that's needed for it to work. My test device has more Wear framework APKs on it than are needed, so I'm not totally sure. If it crashes after doing this, please post a logcat and I'll see if anything else is needed - that's why this is a DEV thread!

These files were taken from the last Android 5.1.1 Wear build for the Gear 2 (itself a port): https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...droid-t2992953
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th April 2018, 08:53 AM |#2  
From having followed the AW porting thread for the Samsung Gear S back in the days I can say the following things:
The Bluetooth stack is indeed different between normal Android and Android Wear but IIRC it should be at least theoretically possible to make it work unless Xiaomi/Huami modified it.
To connect to the AW app it will also require to have all the AW GAPPS properly setup AND the fingerprint of a watch it will recognize with said AW version, even an AW port just won't connect with the app unless there is a proper fingerprint setup in build.prop

On another note great job on doing this and I will be testing it out later today when I will have some free time and an easy way of getting said AW apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ranomez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ranomez Ad-Free
27th April 2018, 07:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello Quinny, I think you're doing a great job, and it's appreciated. What is the scope of this? I am clear that we will not see Android Wear on our devices, but can Google services and applications be installed? Or would it only be used to install certain applications?

Thanks for your contributions.
28th April 2018, 10:57 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK
Thanks Meter: 5,948

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodrac

Hello Quinny, I think you're doing a great job, and it's appreciated. What is the scope of this? I am clear that we will not see Android Wear on our devices, but can Google services and applications be installed? Or would it only be used to install certain applications?

Thanks for your contributions.

It's to make apps that rely on the Wear framework classes work, but only those that are standalone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)