Remove All Ads from XDA

TUTORIAL: Unbrick your Huami AmazFit Smartwatch / Xiaomi AmazFit PACE

1,088 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,516

By Neuer_User, Senior Member on 29th January 2017, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In case you bricked your watch, here is a tutorial how to unbrick the watch:

1. What is a "bricked" watch?

A bricked watch does no longer boot. It typically stops at the boot logo and waits forever. This can happen for example, if a flash of the system image failed and the boot image can no longer boot the system.
In such cases, you cannot reach adb from the command line, so there seems to be no way to recover the watch. Fortunately, it has been discovered how fastboot can be entered without a running system.

2. Procedure

Step 1: Get into fastboot
This is the most difficult part. @kiralex1995 has developed a procedure that will lead reproducible to boot the watch into fastboot mode, but it may take many tries (one user reported that it took him 30 min of tries).
Follow this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...ectly-t3546829
When you are in fastboot and see the fastboot logo, you have mastered the most difficult part.

Step 2: Choose a ROM to flash on the watch
There are currently three possible ROMs to choose from:
a.) The English AmazFit firmware 1.3.0n
Download the following file on your PC: https://mega.nz/#!xIkC1IQZ!bLLSN9BMv...yUYkatCGKgHeS8
b) The Chinese AmazFit firmware 1.2.5a
Download the following file on your PC: https://mega.nz/#!tNdggR4b!VXmExGqdN...5RidRJP9L-LAXE
c) An old Chinese AmazFit firmware 0.9.50:
Download the following file on your PC: https://mega.nz/#!wY9mEQoI!0ARB0MaK0...HOUquxqFhghg7U

Step 3: Download flash script from xda
Download the attached flash script from this post to your PC.

Step 4: Unpack the archive on your PC
Depending on you PC choose the right method to extract the files in the ROM archive and the flash script.

Step 4: Boot the watch into special recovery
Check that your fastboot drivers see that watch (which should still show the fastboot logo):
'fastboot devices'
You should see your device listed. Otherwise check your fastboot driver installation on your PC. (Note: On Linux you sometimes need to use "sudo fastboot ...".)
Then boot the modded recovery that is included in the archive you unpacked in step 2.
'fastboot boot Amazfit-mod-recovery.img'
You will see a "FAILED" message on your commandline. This is normal.
On the watch you should see the recovery triangle and the text "No command".

Step 5: Transfer the ROM files and the flash script onto the watch
First check that you are now able to connect to your watch via adb:
'adb devices'
You should see your watch listed. Otherwise check you "adb driver" installation. For Windows take care that you use Khoushs universal adb drivers.
Then push the files to the watch:
'adb push boot.img /data/media/0/
adb push system.img.gz /data/media/0/
adb push md5s.txt /data/media/0/
adb push flash_rom.sh /data/media/0/
'

Step 6: Enter the shell on the watch and check your files
After you have successfully transferred the files to the watch, you then enter the shell on the watch:
'adb shell'
You should see only a "#", meaning you have full root access.
Now switch drirectory to the sdcard
'cd /data/media/0/
ls
'
You should see your files on the "sdcard", including the ones that were pushed before

7. Start flashing the files
Run the flash sccript with the following command on the watch:
'sh flash_rom.sh'
If everything worked correctly, you should see something like:
Code:
Validating images
boot.img.gz: OK
system.img.gz: OK
Starting to flash now. DO NOT TURN OFF OR REMOVE THE USB CABLE! Press Enter to continue or CTRL-C to stop!

Flashing boot.img
2304+0 records in
2304+0 records out
9437184 bytes (9.0MB) copied, 2.075793 seconds, 4.3MB/s
Flashing system.img
210944+0 records in
210944+0 records out
864026624 bytes (824.0MB) copied, 107.981352 seconds, 7.6MB/s
Finished
If you see any error message during or after flashing, then DO NOT REBOOT the watch, but get some help or analyse yourself, what went wrong. You can still reflash.

8. OPTIONAL: Delete the dalvik-cache
You can erase the dalvik-cache on the watch with the following command:
'rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache'
This will make the system "re-optimize" all apps when it boots (successfully) the next time. This is optional, as you could always do that later again.

9. Reboot the watch
If everything is ok, then you can reboot the watch
'reboot'

Your watch should boot normally into the flashed system, you downloaded. CONGRATULATIONS, you unbricked your watch!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flash_ROM.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.55 MB, 9790 views)
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Neuer_User For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neuer_User Ad-Free

29th January 2017, 08:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you for this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to superino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superino Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 08:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuer_User

In case you bricked your watch, here is a tutorial how to unbrick the watch:

1. What is a "bricked" watch?

A bricked watch does no longer boot. It typically stops at the boot logo and waits forever. This can happen for example, if a flash of the system image failed and the boot image can no longer boot the system.....[/B]

I'm so happy that my post help people. Thanks to your job and thanks to your rom @Neuer_User .
I wonder if it would be possible to create a rom with all google services included ?
29th January 2017, 09:04 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
First watch has just successfully been unbricked (1immortals watch)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neuer_User For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neuer_User Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 09:05 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralex1995

I'm so happy that my post help people. Thanks to your job and thanks to your rom @Neuer_User .
I wonder if it would be possible to create a rom with all google services included ?

Yes, it would be possible. But you also need to look at connectivity. The watch checks does turn off wlan automatically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuer_User For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neuer_User Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 09:10 PM |#6  
Flag Petah Tiqwa
Thanks Meter: 441

Donate to Me
More
@Neuer_User, you're a GOD !!!
All bow @Neuer_User , he is the true ruler of Amazfit, conquer of the M200 SoC, bringer of root to the MIPS platform ! all hail the king !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16403229_10154851765538190_4114307781214932726_o.jpg
Views:	1428
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	4021930  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1immortal Ad-Free
4th February 2017, 11:04 AM |#7  
Flag Castra Regina
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuer_User

Yes, it would be possible. But you also need to look at connectivity. The watch checks does turn off wlan automatically.

Well i guess constant WiFi would dramatically reduce the running time? On the other hand it might just be turned on for short periods, don't know how Google does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1immortal

@Neuer_User, you're a GOD !!!
All bow @Neuer_User , he is the true ruler of Amazfit, conquer of the M200 SoC, bringer of root to the MIPS platform ! all hail the king !!!

Congratulations and thanks to Neuer_User.
4th February 2017, 02:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi, after this step the watch reboot and restart the loop on logo. why?

'fastboot boot Amazfit-mod-recovery.img'
You will see a "FAILED" message on your commandline. This is normal.
On the watch you should see the recovery triangle and the text "No command".

edit: after more test, i'm not able to go to recovery mode. For an errore, when i try another time to go to Fastboot mode, i push 2 times the button and i ERASE ALL the watch, now i have a device called JZ4785 USB Boot Device.

There's some way to save this watch?

Thanks.
5th February 2017, 04:31 AM |#9  
Flag Petah Tiqwa

Donate to Me
More
I think that you have entered some "Deep" flash mode - the JZ4785 is the SoC model, and you need to provide a driver for the flashing process.
please download this tool:
ftp://ftp.ingenic.com/DevSupport/Too...ws_release.zip
you will need a 32 bit machine for running that.
it contains the drivers and the software for flashing. I hope that there's a way of creating a dump file of a working watch, and flashing it directly on yours.
5th February 2017, 06:54 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1immortal

I think that you have entered some "Deep" flash mode - the JZ4785 is the SoC model, and you need to provide a driver for the flashing process.
please download this tool:
ftp://ftp.ingenic.com/DevSupport/Too...ws_release.zip
you will need a 32 bit machine for running that.
it contains the drivers and the software for flashing. I hope that there's a way of creating a dump file of a working watch, and flashing it directly on yours.

This could indeed be the case. Noone of us ever entered that mode so far. It would be very good to understand, how you really got into that. It must have happened in the first step, where you were supposed to enter fastboot. Did you see the screen on the watch with the two options? There is a video in the link of @kiralex1995 post. Maybe you can comment, what exactly looked identical for you and where it exactly started to differ.

In case, you are really in that SOC flash mode, the Ingenic USBburner tool would indeed, probably, be the right tool to reflash the watch. As I mentioned, nobody here used that before. I have some experience with similar tools for the MTK platform. I believe that it should be possible to generate the necessary dump from a working watch, but this is all theory so far.

Where are you located?
6th February 2017, 10:32 AM |#11  
Flag Petah Tiqwa

Donate to Me
More
well, nothing helped, there's no configs for the JZ4785, and there's no relevant information of partitions offset for flashing. we tried to flash both 1.2.5 and some generic ingenic image, with a lack of success as well
contacted ingenic for some clarification and some help, lets see where this lead to ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)