Huami has started locking their bootloaders (see the other thread) and, so far, has not offered any official way of unlocking the bootloaders to allow custom ROM flashing.
Due to the great work of our distinguished XDA developer Olivier (@kasakdor) we have reverse engineered the unlock mechanism of the bootloader and can now offer to send you unlock codes for opening your bootloader again and flashing other software.
Please read and understand the following terms and conditions:
- You unlock your bootloader on your own risk. Nobody else takes any responsibility on your actions and any possible consequences.
- We are therefore NOT responsible for any bricked devices, invalid warranty claims, heart attacks or world wars.
- Huami / Xiaomi will consider your warranty void. Do not contact Huami / Xiaomi or your dealer if anything goes wrong after you have unlocked your watch. Only YOU are responsible for the outcome of any modification you do.
- This service is for personal usage only. Any identified commercial activities will be blocked.
- A maximum of three unlock codes can be requested by each individual.
- This service is provided free of charge. You accept that you cannot claim any charges towards us, if you are unhappy with the service or if the service does not work for you.
You need to have fastboot installed and working correctly on your PC. You need to enter fastboot mode and get some information from your watch. Then go to the website https://unlockamazfit.com and enter your information. We will check your data and send you the unlock code. This can take 1-2 days typically.
We need to do the manual checking as we do NOT want to support any abuse (e.g. pirate companies reflashing watches).
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to post here. Please also report briefly back, if the unlocking was successful.
Enjoy custom ROMs!