FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Just Got 5.1.1 on my G W R

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By BuzzSr, Junior Member on 19th May 2015, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The watch prompted me - whole thing took less 5 minutes. Can't find any proof (or even suggestion) that wifi is available. The first notification was "Swipe to see what's new" ... and there was only 1 page of new to swipe through.
The Following User Says Thank You to BuzzSr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuzzSr Ad-Free

19th May 2015, 09:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSr

The watch prompted me - whole thing took less 5 minutes. Can't find any proof (or even suggestion) that wifi is available. The first notification was "Swipe to see what's new" ... and there was only 1 page of new to swipe through.

1. Why didn't you pull the OTA link damn you?!

2. Check the watch's setting menu. If Wifi is not there then it's not enabled.
19th May 2015, 09:17 PM |#3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I got it aswell, no wifi options in the settings...
The Following User Says Thank You to SirGadden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SirGadden Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 09:17 PM |#4  
Flag Carrollton
Thanks Meter: 91

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSr

Curious: do you have cloud sync turned on in the Wear app on your phone?
19th May 2015, 09:20 PM |#5  
Cloud Sync Was Off
I thought I said yes when it prompted me ... last month... but it was off. Just turned if on.

No wifi in settings.

And the "up" options page (swipe down from watchface) has the flat tire. What? Did I want a 360?

Rebooted - still no wifi in settings
The Following User Says Thank You to BuzzSr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuzzSr Ad-Free
19th May 2015, 09:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
And that's that. We don't have Wifi enabled by LG. Next is to see if it can be enabled in another way (ROM, kernel, etc.).
19th May 2015, 09:40 PM |#7  
Porto_Portugal
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I feel deceived by lg.

Future proof device my a*s

Announced as a Wi-Fi capable device and then the update doesn't bring the feature. That's a no more lg to me. I will write to complain. This was the most expensive smartwatch and the only one that ever mentioned WiFi on the release.
19th May 2015, 09:45 PM |#8  

More
why I dont have the update yet ? im in the uk.
19th May 2015, 09:51 PM |#9  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm in Portugal and no update yet too!
19th May 2015, 09:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwanhug

I'm in Portugal and no update yet too!

What's the point of it anyway, the code won't be much different and most likely will drain battery for no apparent reason and since there's no wifi in this update...
19th May 2015, 09:55 PM |#11  

More
f*cking lg mate, is this [email protected]?!? no wifi ?! this is bullf*cking**** ! I knew it ! I knew I shouldnt buy a f*cking LG !! This company has always been **** ! how could I buy this product... im so stupidddd
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)