FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] LG G Watch R dormant WiFi chip?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By borfoo3, Junior Member on 12th March 2015, 06:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys,

Just noticed Android Wear's upcoming update claiming that it will enable the dormant WiFi that "most Android Wear watches already have the hardware for" and I'm hoping this one is no exception! Can anyone confirm if the G watch R's version of the Snapdragon 400 has the WiFi chip on board?

Really want to pull the trigger on this watch, wifi connectivity would push me over the fence to finally justify Android Wear ...
The Following User Says Thank You to borfoo3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift borfoo3 Ad-Free

12th March 2015, 09:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Peut être, en tout cas,la puce wifi est intégrée au snapdragon 400 normalement.
12th March 2015, 10:44 AM |#3  
Flag Bad salzuflen
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wow that would be really nice
12th March 2015, 02:57 PM |#4  
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Take a look here. It looks like the GWR has indeed wifi on board
12th March 2015, 03:18 PM |#5  
Flag Old Bridge
Thanks Meter: 80

More
The Snapdragon 400 which is in the LG G Watch R comes with the following on the chip found here:
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/400

LTE:
Integrated 4G LTE Advanced World Mode, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA (DC-HSPA+), CDMA1x, EV-DO Rev. B, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE
CAT4 speeds of up to 150 Mbps
3rd Generation integrated LTE modem, with support for LTE-Broadcast and LTE multimode dual-SIM (DSDS and DSDA)"

WiFi:
Qualcomm® VIVE™ 802.11n/ac† Integrated digital core

GPS:
Qualcomm® IZat™ Gen8A

Unless I'm missing something here those are all included in the chip right per QualComm's website.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdecker79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdecker79 Ad-Free
12th March 2015, 06:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 271

More
They can still be disabled, and Qualcomm need payment for the drivers and license, also antennas are needed. Of course that all might be already covered.
12th March 2015, 09:57 PM |#7  
Flag Pondicherry

More
Nice to hear
And you can see this link too http://www.slideshare.net/jjwu6266/q...d-android-wear
13th March 2015, 02:08 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
w w w .notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-400-APQ8026-SoC.127990.0.html

My fear was it had a variant of the Snapdragon 400, the APQ8026, that didn't have WiFi capability, or as mentioned earlier, a missing antenna (or some other hardware excuse or limitation) that would not permit enabling WiFi once the update is out... Hope I'm wrong
13th March 2015, 05:00 AM |#9  

More
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8226 this processor is LG G Watch R
13th March 2015, 07:42 AM |#10  
Flag Pondicherry

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabol

Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8226 this processor is LG G Watch R

I think its 8026 model you can refer it in wikipedia too
13th March 2015, 04:31 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhosharath

I think its 8026 model you can refer it in wikipedia too

Darn.. Really hoping its the chipset with wireless built in... Really don't want to have to listen to all the Apple Watch owners at work.. "Well my watch does not need to be connected to the phone".. grr... BTW, I actually switched from an Iphone 6 back to android (been about 4 years) just for this watch.. Lets hope we do have the wireless chipset... Now Now I know some of you may be thinking.. "Why whats the big deal, its supposed to be a companion device".. I agree, just would be nice to have the option..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)