n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 16th December 2014, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2015, 01:16 AM |#41  

More
Watch Stand
Hey I'm pretty new to XDA but was interested in the watch stand for the G Watch. Do you still have these because I would like to buy one if possible. Thanks
1st June 2015, 07:23 PM |#42  

More
Does anybody know how to fully flash back to stock? I reverted back to stock using the script then locked my boot loader, but I get a failure every time that I try to get my watch to update I get an error code 7 with /cache/update.zip failing to apply.

I really want to get the updates that 5.1.1 brings.

Thanks!
1st June 2015, 07:51 PM |#43  
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglerugby04

Does anybody know how to fully flash back to stock? I reverted back to stock using the script then locked my boot loader, but I get a failure every time that I try to get my watch to update I get an error code 7 with /cache/update.zip failing to apply.

I really want to get the updates that 5.1.1 brings.

Thanks!

How I did the process was I rooted my watch, uploaded the /cache/update.zip and the recovery script. and then I rebooted into fastboot and flashed the 5.0.2 system image. Error 7 comes with being rooted and it's a problem where the update sees one of the binaries it's attempting to patch is different from what it's expecting (in my case, it was app_process32).

You will need to do this from ADB, do not reboot the device until completed otherwise the update will attempt to install.

1) With your watch rooted, push the update and the recovery script into position.
2) using ADB, tell the watch to reboot into fastboot
3) Manually flash the stock 5.0.2 system images from the LG Restore Tools package using fastboot flash system <system image>, you should also flash the stock recovery.
4) Have the watch reboot. With luck your watch will begin installing the update and you'll be good to go momentarily.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)