[Q&A] [ROM] Gohma 2.0 - 12/15/2014 [Android Wear]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] Gohma 2.0 - 12/15/2014 [Android Wear]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] Gohma 2.0 - 12/15/2014 [Android Wear]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Alynna

Mar 29, 2011
It appears that the vibration and other settings are not active in Gohma 2.0
From my research it seems that the /system/etc/rc.d/01tweaks file never gets to run.
I have been messing around with my watch to find a place to trigger execution of that directory but haven't found one yet.
Where did you put an initialization for it last time?

okibi

Jul 24, 2008
From my research it seems that the /system/etc/rc.d/01tweaks file never gets to run.
I have been messing around with my watch to find a place to trigger execution of that directory but haven't found one yet.

I'll have a fix shortly, sorry!

ShadowEO

Mar 15, 2012
Columbus, Ohio

The init.d/rc.d directories seem to be run from the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file. Look there and you should see the run-parts command. Which btw okibi, is ingenious, using the stock recovery script to provide init.d support in the face of a kernel that doesn't support it natively. :D

prototovsky

Dec 16, 2014
Madrid
What software compilation are using Gohma 2.0? I´ve been testing and I have the corrosion problem with a Lg G watch (1,4 volts between pins while being out of the charger), perhaps the base isn´t a "finished-on-Y" compilation?

Nice work, 0 lag everywhere!

Last edited:

tharrllz

Dec 18, 2014
Bootloop

While I was running the windows installation to upgrade to 2.0, the program crashed, and the rom is stuck in a bootloop. I can boot into fastboot, and the recovery, but nothing. Any help?

Alynna

Mar 29, 2011
Still a bug

There is still a little bug in gohma 2.1, but I fixed it in the script.
SOMETHING sets the governor back to userspace/787200 about a minute into the watches' boot.
I logged in and watched it occur.

However the other parameters now stick.

I fixed it with the following:

#!/system/bin/sh

/system/xbin/sysrw

##############################
# BEGIN CUSTOM USER SETTINGS #

# increase vibration intensity
# default is 80
echo 85 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp
# default is 20
echo 175 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/driving_ms

# switch from userspace to ondemand governor
# echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
# echo 787200 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
# Defer change until later, see enforcer below.
GOV=ondemand
FREQ=1094400

# set dpi (default is 240, smaller number means smaller text)
setprop ro.sf.lcd_density 200

# END CUSTOM USER SETTINGS #

# improve sd cache
if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]; then
echo 2048 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb
fi

# improve block speed
for node in `busybox find /sys -name nr_requests | grep mmcblk`; do echo 1024 > $node; done

# gpu rendering
busybox mv /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.bak
busybox sed -i '/0 0 android/d' /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg

# adjust minfree
echo "0" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/debug_level
echo "2560,4096,6144,12288,14336,18432" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

# improve file system mounts
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /sys
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /system
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /data
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /cache

# improve transitions
if [ -e /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db ]; then
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 0.5 where name = 'transition_animation_scale'"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 0.5 where name = 'animator_duration_scale'"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 1 where name = 'window_animation_scale'"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 0.5 where name = 'transition_animation_scale'"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 0.5 where name = 'animator_duration_scale'"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 1 where name = 'window_animation_scale'"
fi

# enable sysctl tweaks
busybox sysctl -p /system/etc/sysctl.conf

/system/xbin/sysro

# Wait around for the system to change the governor and change it back, then exit when we're sure its set.
# This function will remain running for a minute to enforce the change, until it's sure the system won't change it back.
enforcer () {
X=0
while [ $X -lt 12 ]; do
if [ ! `cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor` = $GOV ]; then
echo $GOV > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo $FREQ > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
X=0
else
X=$(($X+1))
fi
sleep 5
done
unset X
}

enforcer &

Last edited:

myke66

Dec 13, 2009
SOMETHING sets the governor back to userspace/787200 about a minute into the watches' boot.

I reinstalled using your additional governer tweak, is there any way to check and make sure its working? Seems to have made a noticeable improvement, it reduces some random lag i was getting with Wear Mini Launcher

Last edited:

Alynna

Mar 29, 2011
I reinstalled using your additional governer tweak, is there any way to check and make sure its working? Seems to have made a noticeable improvement, it reduces some random lag i was getting with Wear Mini Launcher
I log into the phone using:
adb shell
and check that the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor remains 'ondemand'.
I noticed when I logged in with gohma 2.0 and 2.1, that this would get switched back to 'userspace' after a little less than a minute.
I'm not sure the 01tweaks file was even executed in 2.0. Definitely is executed in 2.1, but, something else in the system was changing the scaling settings back to defaults.
if its not working, the file above will be 'userspace', if it does, it is 'ondemand'.
Also, I have set my default top speed to 1.0ghz which is why wear launcher is probably snappier. This MAY have an impact on battery life, but probably not too much because the watch remains at about 300mhz whenever idle.
You can check /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies for valid values for the FREQ variable. Lower numbers probably mean marginally better battery life.

Reactions: freshlysqueezed

freshlysqueezed

Aug 4, 2010
Essential Phone
OnePlus 9

A handy utility that you can sideload on our watch is PerfMon by Chainfire:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933284

If your frequency fluctuates from 300 to 1190, then you are on ondemand governor.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Alynna,

Thanks for the enforcer mod. For some reason after installing your mod, the governor was still on userspace/787200. After playing around I changed sleep from 5 to 10 and now it works great.
:good:

Last edited:

StuBFrost

Mar 6, 2005
The standard 5.0 ROM version has a new sleep function that turns off the watch display if it hasn't moved for 30 minutes. This is driving me nuts as I always put my watch next to my monitor while I'm working so I have to keep waking it up or I miss notifications.

Is this "feature" in this ROM and if so, is there any way to turn it off or extend the timeout ?

Thanks

reggiexp

i'm looking at the rom and kernel.
the kernel looks like it has more option/tweaks.
i know both dont work together a bit normal cause the rom is a bit the same it are tweaks and no visual changes
i think kernel looks better. in way of functions.
just this rom has also more cpu steps? 300-1.1ghz?
cause if im right stock just is locked on 778mhz? and even with wear control app seems like i can't change it (i mean i don't realy know cant see if power save or balanced governers do any thing). need to check with a app how fast my cpu is running.

Last edited:

Nandrew

Feb 20, 2009
Google Pixel 2 XL
This ROM had been great! One question: Does the reset option in the watch settings properly reset and keep gohma tweaks? I tend to flash allot of ROMs on my phone and have been flashing my watch back to stock then each time as well as reflashing gohma. Stock recovery here. See no real reason for custom when everything is done using adb and computer.

Nandrew

Feb 20, 2009
Google Pixel 2 XL
This ROM had been great! One question: Does the reset option in the watch settings properly reset and keep gohma tweaks? I tend to flash allot of ROMs on my phone and have been flashing my watch back to stock then each time as well as reflashing gohma. Stock recovery here. See no real reason for custom when everything is done using adb and computer.

Yup. Just reset between phone ROM flashes.

jdrudd2

Sep 22, 2010
Kansas City
Any update or thoughts on if we can find a way to make this ROM stop pumping out the 1.74 volts to our wrists via the metal contacts? Just discovered the whole issue of corrosion via the voltage emitted from the watch while being worn. I checked mine, running this ROM, and sure enough: it's live. 1.74 volts of electricity going into your wrist while you wear this thing. LG claims to have sent out a software fix a while back.

Thanks for the development & work on this ROM! Hopefully an "ah-ha" moment can be had and get this issue solved!

acedoy

Apr 10, 2010
Gohma 2.2 - NEED DOWNLOAD

Jake's site to download the rom seems to be acting up. The download is extremely slow and keeps failing. I am in desperate need of this excellent ROM!! Does anybody have an alternate download link for Gohma 2.2? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

kwd114kwd114

Jan 22, 2015
Quick question? Installed 2.2 and everything runs fine except Perfmon only shows one core active. If I run the adb script I can turn the others on but for some reason by default one one core is up after a reboot. Any help.

freshlysqueezed

Aug 4, 2010
Essential Phone
OnePlus 9
Quick question? Installed 2.2 and everything runs fine except Perfmon only shows one core active. If I run the adb script I can turn the others on but for some reason by default one one core is up after a reboot. Any help.

The 01tweaks script on 2.3 didn't work for me either. Ondemand and frequency are correctly set, but only one core. Couple of workarounds:
1. Set the cores directly using adb commands from your PC.
2. Sideload kernel adiutor from the play store (nice kernel tuner app that works on our watch, dev is active on XDA)
3. Or modify the 01tweaks script to set the cores within the enforcer part of the script (right after $GOV and $FREQ are set)
Code:
# Wait around for the system to change the governor and change it back, then exit when we're sure its set.
# This function will remain running for a minute to enforce the change, until it's sure the system won't change it back.
enforcer () {
	X=0
	while [ $X -lt 12 ]; do
		if [ ! `cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor` = $GOV ]; then
			echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
			X=0
		else
			X=$(($X+1))
		fi
		sleep 5
	done
	unset X
}

enforcer &

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still a bug

#!/system/bin/sh

/system/xbin/sysrw

# BEGIN CUSTOM USER SETTINGS #

# increase vibration intensity
    # default is 80
    echo 85 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp
    # default is 20
    echo 175 > /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/driving_ms

# switch from userspace to ondemand governor
    # echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    # echo 787200 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    # Defer change until later, see enforcer below.
    GOV=ondemand
    FREQ=1094400

# set dpi (default is 240, smaller number means smaller text)
    setprop ro.sf.lcd_density 200

# END CUSTOM USER SETTINGS #

# improve sd cache
    if [ -e /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb ]; then
    echo 2048 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb
    fi

# improve block speed
    for node in `busybox find /sys -name nr_requests | grep mmcblk`; do echo 1024 > $node; done

# gpu rendering
    busybox mv /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.bak
    busybox sed -i '/0 0 android/d' /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg

# adjust minfree
    echo "0" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/debug_level
    echo "2560,4096,6144,12288,14336,18432" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

# improve file system mounts
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /sys
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /system
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /data
    busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered,nobh,barrier=0 -t auto /cache

# improve transitions
    if [ -e /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db ]; then
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 0.5 where name = 'transition_animation_scale'"
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 0.5 where name = 'animator_duration_scale'"
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update system set value = 1 where name = 'window_animation_scale'"
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 0.5 where name = 'transition_animation_scale'"
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 0.5 where name = 'animator_duration_scale'"
    sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update global set value = 1 where name = 'window_animation_scale'"
    fi

# enable sysctl tweaks
    busybox sysctl -p /system/etc/sysctl.conf

/system/xbin/sysro

enforcer () {
    X=0
    while [ $X -lt 12 ]; do
    X=0
    else
    X=$(($X+1))
    fi
    sleep 5
    done
    unset X
    }

enforcer &
    I log into the phone using:
    adb shell
    and check that the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor remains 'ondemand'.
    I noticed when I logged in with gohma 2.0 and 2.1, that this would get switched back to 'userspace' after a little less than a minute.
    I'm not sure the 01tweaks file was even executed in 2.0. Definitely is executed in 2.1, but, something else in the system was changing the scaling settings back to defaults.
    if its not working, the file above will be 'userspace', if it does, it is 'ondemand'.
    Also, I have set my default top speed to 1.0ghz which is why wear launcher is probably snappier. This MAY have an impact on battery life, but probably not too much because the watch remains at about 300mhz whenever idle.
    You can check /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies for valid values for the FREQ variable. Lower numbers probably mean marginally better battery life.
    what do i need to type in adb?
    im a noob in commands.

To disable OTA services:

adb devices
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdatePanoActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver

then
    $ adb shell
    $ su
    $ rm /cache/update.zip
    $ exit

Reboot and the notification shouldn't come back, hopefully.