FORUMS

[TUTORIAL] AVOID BOOTLOOP WHEN PORTING ON Wear 2.0

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By Cookeys, Junior Member on 15th August 2017, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone I finally installed successfully Wear 2.0 (N) on my LG G Watch after experienced a lot of problems and bootloops so I decided to make a step by step tutorial for everyone experiencing bootloops or any install issues after installing A.W. 2.0 on their G Watch.

All the credits goes to @Ad123321 for porting Android Wear 2.0 (N). Go check his thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-w...watch-t3624441

First of all : THIS TUTORIAL WILL FULLY WIPE AND RESET YOUR WATCH (this is not a big issue because with android 6. (Android Wear 1) nothing is really stocked on the watch)

So here we go :
At this point there is two type of people :
1) Persons who do not have tried to install A.W. 2.0 on their watch
2) Persons who are stuck on the LG Logo / On the loading boot screen (more than 30min)

For the first type of people go try the tutorial of @ab123321 here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-w...watch-t3624441 there is a high percentage of chance this tutorial works for you but :

For all the persons are stucked in bootloop after tried the tutorial of @ab123321 follow me :

Pre requirements :

Charge your watch at least at 60% (just in case)

Install adb drivers on your computer : https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979

Download my custom version of LG G Watch Restore Tools (I just changed the .img wich will install on the watch) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/cp9rya...by_Cookeys.rar

Download the twrp with squashfs support : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-w...pport-t3632216

Download the img (the boot.img on the 20.06.17 folder and the system4dory.img in the 01.08.2017 folder) of AW 2.0 (N) by @ab123321 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-w...watch-t3624441

Let's put the watch in fastboot mode :

1 - Put a pen and press the little button on the back of the watch (left above the charging pins) and hold it for 10 seconds
2 - The watch restart and display the LG Logo so quickly swipe from the top left of the screen to the bottom right of the screen
3 - The watch show you the fastboot menu and that means the she is in fastboot mode (if you fail retry from the step 1) so connect it to the computer and open a cmd window ( Win + R and type cmd then OK ) and type
Code:
fastboot devices
if the watch is successfully in fastboot mode it will show you the "List of devices attached" with a serial of letters and numbers.

NOW YOU HAVE TO FORMAT THE WATCH BEFORE INSTALLING AW 1 (6.1)

Still in the CMD window type :

Code:
fastboot erase boot
Code:
fastboot erase system
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
Code:
fastboot erase recovery
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Now we will format all the partitions of the watch by typing :

Code:
fastboot format boot
Code:
fastboot format recovery
Code:
fastboot format system
Code:
fastboot format userdata
Code:
fastboot format cache
NB : Some commands can tells you that you can't format those partition. This is normal, the boot partition and the recovery partition can't be formatted but type the commands anyway and ignore the error.

LET THE WATCH CONNECTED

Now we will make a clean reinstall of Android 6.1 to install Android N after :

4 - Launch the custom version of LG G Watch restore tools by clicking on "1 LG G Watch Tools for Windows.bat"
5 - Choose the 6 option, press enter and let the script re-install Android 6.1 on your G Watch
6 - When the script says that he successfully re-installed A.W. (reset your watch to stock) open a cmd window in the folder you have the twrp with squashfs support that you downloaded before ( Maj + Right click and select "Open a cmd windows here" or "Open a PowerShell windows here" )
7 - In this windows type :
Code:
fastboot reboot bootloader
8 - Install the custom recovery (twrp with squashfs support) by typing :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-dory+squashfs.img
9 - Let the watch write the recovery and type
Code:
fastboot reboot
to reboot the watch on the system
10 - Now I let you configure Android 6.1 (pair to your smartphone...)
10 bis - If the watch ask you if you want update the watch say YES
11 - Connect the watch to your computer (if you haven't done it before) and go to the wear settings then activate the developers options and activate the ADB Debugging
12 - Type
Code:
adb devices
on a cmd windows, the watch ask you if you want to let the computer access to the adb debugging click on "Always allow"
13 - Go on the folder which contain the img of AW 2.0 (N) and open a cmd windows in this folder
14 - Type :
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
15 - Once you are in the fastboot menu type the following commands : (as you done before installing Wear 6.1 with the LG G Watch Restore tools)
Code:
fastboot erase boot
Code:
fastboot erase system
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Now we will format all the partitions of the watch by typing :

Code:
fastboot format boot
Code:
fastboot format system
Code:
fastboot format userdata
Code:
fastboot format cache
And reboot the watch by typing :

Code:
fastboot reboot bootloader
NB : Some commands can tells you that you can't format those partition. This is normal, especially for the boot partition and the recovery partition because they can't be formatted but type the commands anyway and ignore the error.

Now its time to install A.W. 2.0 (N)

Type :

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Code:
fastboot flash system system4dory.img
Then :

Code:
 fastboot reboot booloader
And with the little arrows select "RECOVERY" on the fastboot menu on the watch and press the "O" to enter in the TWRP

Once you are in the TWRP allow the modifications and go to "Wipe" and swipe for factory reset then press "Reboot" and ignore the message about no OS installed (because there is an OS installed)

Wait until the boot is complete (it can take up to 30min) and let the watch plugged for the battery when Wear 2.0 (N)

VoilĂ  ! You got Android Wear 2.0 (N) on your watch
If you have any questions or problems post them below and I will help you as fast I can

Put a "Thanks !" to my post if this helped you

Huge thanks to @ab123321, @joacagomez (for the TWRP), @Tomsgt (For the original version of LG G Watch Restore Tools I modified) and everybody on the forum who posted tips to bypass some problems during the installation
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Cookeys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cookeys Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 12:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Mate i love u so muchhhh it worked finally ty !!!
How do i boot the quad4 img now msg me if u can help me ty
25th November 2017, 10:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it work
8th December 2017, 08:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The watch experienced the same bootloop after flashing the restore. I ended up not installing the twrp recovery and kept the stock one. Never experienced bootloop again and AW 2.0 has been running fine.
9th December 2017, 10:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Twrp will cause bootloop it needs original factory recovery
21st December 2017, 02:18 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,211

Donate to Me
More
Erasing and formatting in fastboot does the same. Just erase all the partition in fastboot. And flash 2.0 or 1.5, it's that easy
3rd March 2018, 04:53 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you It work !! You saved my LG G watch, i was dead like a year ago
3rd March 2018, 09:24 AM |#8  
Flag Margao
Thanks Meter: 40

More
thank you! I just got a G Watch for cheap and decided to flash it using your tutorial.
23rd March 2018, 03:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I upgraded now. Thanks for the tutorial!
10th May 2018, 11:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, I do all the steps but my g watch didn't boot in the system, I flash the 6.1 and the twrp, but its stocks in the same way. When I do the format steps, I have an error: Cannot generate image for userdata. Someone know how I can solve this problem? thx
31st August 2018, 05:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried opening the folder as a PowerShell and then typing 'fastboot reboot bootloader' but then it comes up with an error message saying 'fastboot : The term 'fastboot' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ fastboot reboot
+ ~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (fastboot:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException'

And when I try and use Minimal ADB and Fastboot to type 'fastboot reboot' my watch gets stuck in a bootloop. Please help me, I've wanted Wear 2.0 on my LG G Watch for ages now and nothing seems to be working for me.

Also, it might be because I don't have the ADB drivers installed on my PC but I don't know how to install them with Dropbox or ZippyShare. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)