FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

46mm Black Watch Case that does not cover bezel edges?

1,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 156
 
By KruseLudsMobile, Senior Member on 24th December 2018, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
46mm Black Watch Case that does not cover bezel edges?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
 
 
24th January 2019, 01:33 PM |#2  
KruseLudsMobile's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruseLudsMobile

46mm Black Watch Case that does not cover bezel edges?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac

There is one from Spigen but it only uncovers part of the bezel. Nobody has any ideas at all?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
1st February 2019, 05:02 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruseLudsMobile

There is one from Spigen but it only uncovers part of the bezel. Nobody has any ideas at all?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac

Which edges? There isn't enough room for a perfect case in areas where the watch band comes close to the watch.

Ideas: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...axy+watch+case
5th April 2019, 11:37 PM |#4  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,944
 
More
Clock
I did get the Goton tpu black & clear case. Easy to put on, looks good, no bulk or covered bezel!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_132037.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	4737488   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_132151.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	4737489  
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
5th April 2019, 11:43 PM |#5  
KruseLudsMobile's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruuvin

Which edges? There isn't enough room for a perfect case in areas where the watch band comes close to the watch.



Ideas: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...axy+watch+case

Just saw this. I'm talking about a black case that covers the entire silver part of the watch, that still allows you to rotate the bezel around the face by grabbing the edges and twisting - all of them force you to push down on the front of the bezel to turn it - and most of them don't even have the holes lined up for the buttons properly?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
16th May 2019, 11:44 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruseLudsMobile

Just saw this. I'm talking about a black case that covers the entire silver part of the watch, that still allows you to rotate the bezel around the face by grabbing the edges and twisting - all of them force you to push down on the front of the bezel to turn it - and most of them don't even have the holes lined up for the buttons properly?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac


I don't like that none of the black ones are actually black, but dark purple.
I've read that there are those that are so tight that the bezel is difficult to turn, but that it's an issue of a bit of extra plastic on the inside of the ring (leftover from the mold), and if you scrape it away with a sharp knife, your bezel will turn much easier.
16th May 2019, 02:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
i bought two off ebay, one was tpu another was rubber. both in black. tpu fitted nicely and bezels turn without any problems. the rubber one made the bezel hard to turn and didnt sit properly on the top and bottom edges. send me a pm if you need any pictures. theres one in the clock face thread.
25th May 2019, 04:55 AM |#8  
KruseLudsMobile's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys

I did get the Goton tpu black & clear case. Easy to put on, looks good, no bulk or covered bezel!

You can still grab the edges of the bezel to turn it? Doesn't look like you have the room...

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
25th May 2019, 04:37 PM |#9  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,944
 
More
Your Right that you can't grab the edges, but you can turn it from the top. I may trim it down my self with some kind of cutter... Other than that, they are the best around!
30th May 2019, 05:16 AM |#10  
KruseLudsMobile's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruuvin

Which edges? There isn't enough room for a perfect case in areas where the watch band comes close to the watch.



Ideas: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...axy+watch+case

Yes there is. Look at this I had to cut inside the watch case on the left of the first photo but I am thrilled with my results:Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_104957.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	4768248Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_105219.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	4768249Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_105307.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	4768250Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_105453.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	4768251Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_110824.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	4768252

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
30th May 2019, 01:55 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruseLudsMobile

Yes there is. Look at this I had to cut inside the watch case on the left of the first photo but I am thrilled with my results:Attachment 4768248Attachment 4768249Attachment 4768250Attachment 4768251Attachment 4768252

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac

Looks good! Which case is that? And does it have a purple tint that you can see in bright light? All the decent black cases I've seen for sale have people reporting a purple hue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes