FORUMS

Changing the Region on the galaxy active 2 including R830XXU1BSI9 update

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By tb_, Member on 15th October 2019, 12:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Most old methods of changing the region on the samsung watches don't work anymore. Given their return policy I thought I bought expensive junk.

Quote:

*#272*719434266344#

starts the csc selection but doesn't actually change the region.

TL;DR you need to install the combination firmware and edit two files

INFO: Netodin works fine in linux as well with wine since it works over the wifi

1. Start NetOdin3 click options and disable auto reboot
2. Click AP and select the combination firmware
3. Hold reboot button on the Samsung watch, when the reboot screen shows up press home multiple times to get into the boot menu
4. Jump to the Download (Wireless) and hold the boot button again to get into the Firmware download menu
5. Press the same button to more times to switch the watch to AP mode
6. Connect your wifi to the watch SM-R830-someid
7. In NetOdin3 press Start to flash the combination firmware
8. Click reset and now press CSC button
9. Select the CSC md5 and press start
10. When you reboot the device hold the boot button again until you enter the boot menu again
11. Select recovery and let the device restart
12. Enter settings -> About watch -> Software -> Tap software version until debug mode starts (you may need to restart your watch)
13. Connect watch to wifi
14. sdb connect <watchip>
15. sdb root on
16. sdb shell
17. backup active-customer.info: sdb pull /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf
18. backup prodcode.dat: sdb pull /csa/imei/prodcode.dat
19. edit /csa/csc/csc-active-customer.inf and replace csc code (I used vim and the XAR for the US version, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/vi-editor-unix/ )
20. edit /csa/imei/prodcode.dat and replace last three characters to csc code you want (don't enter the csc selection after this it will reset it to the factory region)
21. reboot the device into recovery (i used /usr/bin/csc-util --reboot customer_change but i'm not sure it's necessary)
22. run netodin again and select AP, BL and CSC to flash stock
23. enjoy samsung pay if you have a US credit card (seems like you no longer need to install samsung pay apks on non samsung phone it's part of the wearables app)

R830 combination firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download...U1ASI2.7z.html

R830 3 file firmware

https://www.file-upload.net/download...U1BSI9.7z.html

sha256 checksums:

Quote:

e719a024540706c07ae956c2a737b43dcaefa2b3335b111812 1b6ca8168089ab AP_R830XXU1BSI9_usr.tar.md5
d0be4fdd7f5abaa6a4520f487b85dec14f94dd9d14a239fde6 9f5281817f7d99 BL_R830XXU1BSI9_usr.tar.md5
8f28bee9aa56b5c8d2fb8fa7bf16ab5cf0c3bff5fc547e2ada 18a90c161f61e5 COMBINATION-FT40_R830XXU1ASI2.tar.md5
efe5e799c95c70aa1de8cced5a544bc471b2b74f61a3babffa 72a7e295804225 CSC_OXA_R830OXA1BSI9_usr.tar.md5

Thanks to @adfree for the links and purcival for the order of how to flash the combination firmware and stock after

[0] Netodin
[1] how to change region on samsung gear s3
[2] combination firmware for sm-r820 by @adfree
[3] sdb in tizen studio CLI tools section
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tb_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tb_ Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 06:11 PM |#2  
Flag Curepipe
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hi,
Can l use this method just for updating the firmware of my watch?l'm still on R830XXU1ASHF.. if yes should l follow all these steps??
Thanks
16th October 2019, 02:23 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
What csc your watch?
16th October 2019, 03:48 AM |#4  
Flag Curepipe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb_

What csc your watch?

Thank you for your reply,l bought my watch in UK.
According to the list the csc is BTU-UNITED KINGDOM.
16th October 2019, 08:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
A Beginner
Hi,

First of all I want to thank you guys for the grat work.
I want to say that I am actually a beginner or amature when it comes to what you are doing
The instructions are very clea. But I would really appreciate it if anybody describes what to do with more details, especially the codes of sdb. Just some more details
It would be great if you can upload a video "If possible"

1. What is the worst thing that might happen if I do something wrong? Can the watch be ruind? Can I fix it if it happens?
2. Where can I find the csc of my country "Sweden" I googled it and found like 5 or 6 different csc !! Is there any trusted source?
3. Is it appliable to R820??? the 44mm model? or do I need to do something different in my case??

Thanks in advance
16th October 2019, 08:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Coming from the other thread to confirm this worked for me, thanks a ton! Didn't think it would be that simple with just editing two text files.. lol

For those who missed it(I did), some steps are missing where one has to repeatedly connect back to AP every time something has to be done in NetOdin.
Also if anyone is confused about the steps, it's pretty much the same process for all samsung watches so just search for it on youtube, it's there.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the firmware from?? @tb_
16th October 2019, 10:39 AM |#7  
Flag Curepipe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2avrmillion

Coming from the other thread to confirm this worked for me, thanks a ton! Didn't think it would be that simple with just editing two text files.. lol

For those who missed it(I did), some steps are missing where one has to repeatedly connect back to AP every time something has to be done in NetOdin.
Also if anyone is confused about the steps, it's pretty much the same process for all samsung watches so just search for it on youtube, it's there.

Hi ,
Thanks for your feedback,are the sdb thing code mandatory?on youtube they only add the 3 or 4 files on odin and just flash it...
16th October 2019, 12:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey guys, firstly thankyou! This worked perfectly and now I'm able to use Samsung pay down in Australia! Only thing that I would add from the perspective of being a complete beginner to Odin, is how to save the files when you edit the CSC (press escape then type ":wq") it took me an extra 20 minutes to figure it out and I thought someone might find it useful
The Following User Says Thank You to Highpryority For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Highpryority Ad-Free
16th October 2019, 03:42 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2avrmillion

Got it from a third party. I was worried that it was counterfeit so before installing it I went through the system files to see if it's really the right model. But I can of course not guarantee that it wasn't modified by a third party. But I kinda assume that samsung won't boot from any random image given that you can't downgrade Samsung and even their tizen to any version you want apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1515

Thank you for your reply,l bought my watch in UK.
According to the list the csc is BTU-UNITED KINGDOM.

Quote:

{tizen} % cat preconfig/BTU/preset/csc-preset.ini
[default]
keyboard_lang="en_GB"
keyboard_preinstalled_lang="1^en_GB#en_US#de_DE#fr _FR#it_IT#pl_PL^en_GB

The csc.img has BTU inside. But I can't guarantee you anything when I ran this with my zone set to XTC it was booting fine but I couldn't get my phone to connect / initialize the watch after the factory reset. But not sure if it was the app or because i didn't properly reset or if I maybe shouldn't have reset.

So I can tell you that it will boot without issues but whether it works no idea. Maybe someone else can comment on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to tb_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tb_ Ad-Free
16th October 2019, 03:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpryority

Hey guys, firstly thankyou! This worked perfectly and now I'm able to use Samsung pay down in Australia! Only thing that I would add from the perspective of being a complete beginner to Odin, is how to save the files when you edit the CSC (press escape then type ":wq") it took me an extra 20 minutes to figure it out and I thought someone might find it useful

I think you are talking about steps 17 and 18. If so can you please till me a bit more detailed how to do these steps ! I mean Do we edit manually in the sdb?? or how are we editing? Why do we need to save the files after editing? there is nothing about saving files in the steps above!

Sorry if my questions are silly but I am a real beginner here!
16th October 2019, 03:48 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tareqsy91

1. What is the worst thing that might happen if I do something wrong? Can the watch be ruind? Can I fix it if it happens?

No one will give you guarantees on this because no one wants to blame if something goes wrong. But if you try absolutely under no circumstances interrupt the flashing process and absolutely don't use the wrong model ROM. Also to be safe don't try to flash a firmware that has a lower version than your current one.

Quote:

2. Where can I find the csc of my country "Sweden" I googled it and found like 5 or 6 different csc !! Is there any trusted source?

csc usually depends on the vendor. So there are a bunch of sweden csc's . But you should be able to find your current csc in /cas/imei/prodcode.dat

a list is on droid views

Quote:

3. Is it appliable to R820??? the 44mm model? or do I need to do something different in my case??

r820 is the 44mm bluetooth model.

825 and 835 are lte with one version being US and the other being global I believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tb_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tb_ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
active 2, csc, galaxy watch, samsung, tizen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)