FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Favorite Watch Faces

2,157 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,381

By ShrekOpher, Senior Member on 23rd September 2018, 03:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Thought it'd be cool to start a thread of everyone's favorite Watch face.

23rd September 2018, 03:05 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
I developed this one last week is free. Let me know what you think.

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDeta...DroidBlueSteel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180921-073756_Galaxy Apps.jpg
Views:	9832
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	4602724  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShrekOpher Ad-Free
24th September 2018, 06:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Working on watchface #2. Not live in the app store yet, but what do you think?

Also anyone who likes my first watch face I'd love some reviews in the app store.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180924_124409.jpg
Views:	4340
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	4603996  
24th September 2018, 07:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I don't know if it exist, but did you ever think about creating a watchface whose always on display is analoge and the actual activated face being digital? For me only watch faces with a very simple AoD are feasible since I do not want to waste the whole battery on a fancy display I do not currently look at

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v1rtu4l For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v1rtu4l Ad-Free
24th September 2018, 10:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm not personally a fan of blue watchfaces, or anything else with background colors other than either pure or very-near black. I just find that the OLED glow from them really looks unnatural.

Does anyone know if the two watchfaces to the left in the Samsung marketing pics below are defaults on the Galaxy Watch that can be obtained and installed on the Gear S3?

galaxy watch

Also, in particular - those 2 watch faces seem to show the current weather/temperature... does anyone also know if that works properly without killing the battery on the Galaxy Watch, as opposed to the Gear S3? I've tried about a dozen "weather" capable watchfaces on the Gear S3, and every one of them drains the battery at about 10% per hour, instead of <1% when using any other non-weather watchface.

I'm wondering if this is just bad programming/implementation of the weather on existing watchfaces that the developers aren't aware of (possibly turning on and leaving on GPS all the time?). And if the new watch faces in the picture implement the weather feature better and don't suck the battery dry?

Many thanks
TRJB
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	galaxy-watch_silver_black_rosegold.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4604729  
25th September 2018, 03:16 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rtu4l

I don't know if it exist, but did you ever think about creating a watchface whose always on display is analoge and the actual activated face being digital? For me only watch faces with a very simple AoD are feasible since I do not want to waste the whole battery on a fancy display I do not currently look at

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

That's an interesting idea. I can take a look into that. Most watches I have use both analog and digital, but I could easily do analog only on a black background for the AOD screen.
25th September 2018, 03:22 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow

I'm not personally a fan of blue watchfaces, or anything else with background colors other than either pure or very-near black. I just find that the OLED glow from them really looks unnatural.

Does anyone know if the two watchfaces to the left in the Samsung marketing pics below are defaults on the Galaxy Watch that can be obtained and installed on the Gear S3?

Also, in particular - those 2 watch faces seem to show the current weather/temperature... does anyone also know if that works properly without killing the battery on the Galaxy Watch, as opposed to the Gear S3? I've tried about a dozen "weather" capable watchfaces on the Gear S3, and every one of them drains the battery at about 10% per hour, instead of <1% when using any other non-weather watchface.

I'm wondering if this is just bad programming/implementation of the weather on existing watchfaces that the developers aren't aware of (possibly turning on and leaving on GPS all the time?). And if the new watch faces in the picture implement the weather feature better and don't suck the battery dry?

Many thanks
TRJB

No pictures came through on your post btw.

Weather on watch faces is tricky. I think the battery drain is a Samsung issue actually. It pulls the data from your phone, but it updates it ALOT. Way too often IMO. I have avoided using it for that reason, but may take a look and see if I can trick it into only pulling once an hour or something.

If you had a black background watch face what would you want the colors of everything else to be?
The Following User Says Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShrekOpher Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 04:23 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Working on a "mostly black" watchface per the above request. Made a blue and a red.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180925_102051.jpg
Views:	2432
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	4604643   Click image for larger version

Name:	com.watchface.ShrekDroidFlatBlack_180925101700.png
Views:	2508
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	4604645   Click image for larger version

Name:	com.watchface.ShrekDroidFlatBlack_180925101653.png
Views:	2456
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	4604646  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShrekOpher Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 04:24 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Red version
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	com.watchface.ShrekDroidFlatBlack_180925100216.png
Views:	1672
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	4604647   Click image for larger version

Name:	com.watchface.ShrekDroidFlatBlack_180925100226.png
Views:	1644
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	4604648  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShrekOpher Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 04:27 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow

Many thanks
TRJB

Let me know if you want a different color combo
25th September 2018, 05:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrekOpher

No pictures came through on your post btw.

Weather on watch faces is tricky. I think the battery drain is a Samsung issue actually. It pulls the data from your phone, but it updates it ALOT. Way too often IMO. I have avoided using it for that reason, but may take a look and see if I can trick it into only pulling once an hour or something.

If you had a black background watch face what would you want the colors of everything else to be?

Hopefully I fixed the post, the image with the marketing photo should be attached now. I normally put my images on postimages.org and use the "img" tool to insert them in forum posts - that doesn't seem to work here for some reason so I uploaded to xda as an attachment instead.

As far as style and color, I *really* like this stock photo of the new Galaxy Watch that everyone has on their sites. It seems to be the new default watch face. I'd love to get that for the Gear S3. If weather isn't an option due to huge battery drain, then heartrate instead.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	galaxy-watch-silver_81ZKNYBwYlL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	5326
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	4604740  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)