Favorite Watch Faces

2,157 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,381

By ShrekOpher, Senior Member on 23rd September 2018, 03:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2018, 12:06 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Are there stock watchfaces available for download?

5th October 2018, 09:44 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have created this watch face:

was inspired by a similar watchface, but couldn't find it on tizen store.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to techg9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift techg9 Ad-Free
9th October 2018, 07:07 PM |#23  
highlands of scotland
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow

Hopefully I fixed the post, the image with the marketing photo should be attached now. I normally put my images on postimages.org and use the "img" tool to insert them in forum posts - that doesn't seem to work here for some reason so I uploaded to xda as an attachment instead.

As far as style and color, I *really* like this stock photo of the new Galaxy Watch that everyone has on their sites. It seems to be the new default watch face. I'd love to get that for the Gear S3. If weather isn't an option due to huge battery drain, then heartrate instead.

Yes that' s one of my favourite new faces coming from the S3 to the Galaxy watch
11th October 2018, 11:54 PM |#24  
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 110

More
There is one similar in the Store....Search for g-watch.
Not from Samsung but better than nothing.
12th October 2018, 08:29 PM |#25  
Flag Cheshire UK
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techg9

It's on the store just search "custom text watch"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pigglett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pigglett Ad-Free
14th October 2018, 05:09 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I don't like any of the pre-installed watch faces that come with my Galaxy Watch - they all have one or more obvious flaws. The "Tomcat" face discussed here has glaring issues: the face has a 100% redundant numbered bezel around the circumference (that don't match the numbers on the watch's physical bezel and are too small to read as hour numbers either), it wastes space with the 7 days worth of dates and the dials on the face clutter it up by being too big (even chopping off the hour markers at 6 and 12!). What's infuriating is that you can't delete *any* of the pre-installed faces

I stick with 3rd party faces, with my favourites being SzaZs Classic Multicolor (colour options are great and match several of my straps) for digital and OceanWatchII for analogue (has digital time on face too - destroys Tomcat, IMHO and has few double tap background colours too). Both are free on the Galaxy app store.
19th October 2018, 06:54 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2,300

More
my day is possibly the most useful watchface I've used on a smartwatch so far.
however, I've recently resorted to using the watchmaker face since I need abit more data than just upcoming events. far less aesthetically pleasing than the stock my day face.

not sure why you can do this but you can edit calendar events with the myday face. you can't even do that on the stock calendar app in the galaxy watch.
20th October 2018, 06:06 AM |#28  
Flag Red Lion

More
I have posted this in the S3 forum, so sorry if this is a repeat to many.

I bought my first smart watch, the Samsung Galaxy watch the day it was released.

I really like skeleton watches and did not find many offered for free with animated gears. Most that did have animated gears cost money, I don't care for.
So I started to play with the Galaxy Watch Designer to make my own.

Here was my first attempt at a skeleton with animated gears, Piaget Altiplano Skeleton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PiagetAltiplano.jpg
Views:	1946
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	4622885  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elgecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elgecko Ad-Free
20th October 2018, 06:16 AM |#29  
Flag Red Lion

More
Now these next 2 skeleton watch faces I made get the most face time on my watch.
I also see after making these, why people charge for these skeleton faces. It takes a lot of time to rebuild the faces.

Panerai Radiomir 1940 Minute Repeater Carillon Tourbillon, a few of the colors I made for this face, and the dim mode.
I did change this one from the S3 forum. The 2 smaller dials I originally had for battery and steps. I changed it to be like the real watch now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1940 Replica BLK.jpg
Views:	1746
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	4622891   Click image for larger version

Name:	1940 Replica Blue.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	4622892   Click image for larger version

Name:	1940 Replica Gold.jpg
Views:	1642
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	4622893   Click image for larger version

Name:	1940 Replica Night.jpg
Views:	1710
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	4622894  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elgecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elgecko Ad-Free
20th October 2018, 06:21 AM |#30  
Flag Red Lion

More
The last skeleton face I have made is the Girard Perregaux Laureato Skeleton.

I'm sure I'll be making more skeleton faces, as I have seen several more real watches I really like the design of.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Girard-Perregaux-Laureato-Skeleton Second Hand.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	4622896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Girard-Perregaux-Laureato-Skeleton Gold.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	4622897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Girard-Perregaux-Laureato-Skeleton Blue.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	4622898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Girard-Perregaux-Laureato-Skeleton Second Hand Night.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	4622899  
The Following User Says Thank You to elgecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elgecko Ad-Free
21st October 2018, 08:49 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techg9

Haha yeah it's called "TextWatch", I still have it. It lets you customize the text, but that's the default.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phreaker47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phreaker47 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)