FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Alpha][APP][0.1.1 - 2019.05.17] GAssist.net - Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By Cybernetic87, Junior Member on 5th May 2019, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alpha is open to public now !!!

Introduction
Quote:

I've been looking at this topic and I saw that unfortunately the project died... so as I am a java developer and I am very tired with all the unresponsible/crashing apps on Galaxy Store. I decided to try myself at C#/.Net to write my own Google Assistant companion for Galaxy Watch. I hate Bixby as much most of the community.

So here is my approach to the Google Assistant companion app for Tizen Watches.

Preview demonstration videos

Already implemented features
Quote:

• Written with cutting edge libraries
  • Real time data streaming to/from GA
  • Push to talk
  • Real time recognized text display
  • Responses text display

Planned features:
Quote:

• Rework UI (current is just for debugging purposes)
  • Start recording after launch
  • Responses as fast as possible

Requirements:
Quote:

• Tizen 4.0+ based Samsung watch
  • Android 8.0+ smartphone
  • Microphone/Speaker on watch

Changelog
Quote:

Code:
0.1.1 - 2019.05.17
-improved auto recconect / launch android app stability

0.1.0 - 2019.05.11
- code cleanup
- support for external credentials.json file for testers
- improved stability
- auto launch AndroidApp
- auto reconnect

0.0.2 - 2019.05.07
- real time voice recognition text display
- assistant response display
- ability to stop assistant talk with press "Listen" again
- completely reworked internal logic(once again, I hope last time )
- use of new libraries
- changed buffering methods
- changed multithreading libraries

Initial post: 05.05.2019

Downloads
Quote:

Get the latest version on my Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._3wC2QKP93iRJR

Installation instructions
Quote:

1) Install apk on Android 8.0+ phone
2) Install tpk file on Tizen watch - use this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...tions-t3639793
(re-sign the tpk using the method from guide, then install tpk using sdb which comes with tizen-studio)
3) Get the credentials.json file as I wrote in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...9&postcount=36
4) Put the credentials.json file into Phone Internal Storage into credentials folder
5) Start the app on watch.

FAQ
Quote:

Q: Will this application be available on other watches than Galaxy Watch?
A: Yes, this application should work on any Samsung watch with Tizen 4.0+ and microphone/speaker.

Q: Will this be a paid app?
A: Yes, but the price shouldn't be more than 2USD. I will consider making it 2 variants Free and Premium.
The app will be free.

Q:Will non speaker watches be supported ?
A: Yes, when I develop the text output.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Cybernetic87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cybernetic87 Ad-Free

5th May 2019, 03:45 PM |#2  
Flag Żagań
Thanks Meter: 7,313

Donate to Me
More
Cool
5th May 2019, 04:06 PM |#3  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,907

More
Sounds like a plan! Cheers
5th May 2019, 07:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Great idea. I'm pretty sure lots of people want/need this! I'm using a similar type of app for Alexa. It is very, very handy to have.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
5th May 2019, 07:59 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrzoo

Great idea. I'm pretty sure lots of people want/need this! I'm using a similar type of app for Alexa. It is very, very handy to have.

I've been looking at this Alexa app, and it's very bad... My app even at pre-alpha stage is way more advanced

Doesn't record fixed voice length but recording time is based on voice recognition (recognized text is not changing = stop recording) the same as it works on the original assistant this way it can recognize variable length commands - you can say something short, or veeeeeeryyyy long, as long as you like and it will always know when to stop and send reply.

Also my app is way more responsive - the Alexa app feels very unresponsive to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybernetic87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cybernetic87 Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 08:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernetic87

I've been looking at this Alexa app, and it's very bad... My app even at pre-alpha stage is way more advanced

Doesn't record fixed voice length but recording time is based on voice recognition (recognized text is not changing = stop recording) the same as it works on the original assistant this way it can recognize variable length commands - you can say something short, or veeeeeeryyyy long, as long as you like and it will always know when to stop and send reply.

Also my app is way more responsive - the Alexa app feels very unresponsive to me.

You are right with most of your observations! The thing is, I live in the Alexa world for my lighting system and more & have no other choice. It works for what I need even if not perfect. I use GA on my Note 9 because Bixby is pretty much pathetic.
Maybe after you perfect your GA app for the watch, you can start on an Alexa app. Competition and choices are what makes apps great! I'd be a beta tester for that one and/or even pay $10 - $20 to get your Alexa app. I'm no dev but do understand how many thousands of lines of code can go into apps. Good luck!

5th May 2019, 08:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great idea, Google assistant is the only thing that lets the galaxy watch down. Ive been praying for 2 years Samsung would sort Bixby out, its voice recognition is terrible and has so many limitations. Count me in for any testing you need

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to andy242 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy242 Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 06:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Happy to be a Beta tester.. I'm a Quality Assurance manager (system tester) for a huge Government organisation.. Happy to help get this project on it's feet mate
6th May 2019, 04:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
This is awesome! Curious where it is going!
6th May 2019, 08:45 PM |#10  
Flag Kutahya
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Hello. I am Tizen 4.0.0.2 user from Turkey.
I am an English Language Teacher.
I use Samsung Gear Sport.
I can gladly be your beta tester.
6th May 2019, 09:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am Android Developer and QA Engineer here in the states. Would love to beta test for you if needed! If not great work man! Looks really promising
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)