I've been looking at this topic and I saw that unfortunately the project died... so as I am a java developer and I am very tired with all the unresponsible/crashing apps on Galaxy Store. I decided to try myself at C#/.Net to write my own Google Assistant companion for Galaxy Watch. I hate Bixby as much most of the community.
So here is my approach to the Google Assistant companion app for Tizen Watches.
Preview demonstration videos
Already implemented features
- Written with cutting edge libraries
- Real time data streaming to/from GA
- Push to talk
- Real time recognized text display
- Responses text display
- Rework UI (current is just for debugging purposes)
- Start recording after launch
- Responses as fast as possible
- Tizen 4.0+ based Samsung watch
- Android 8.0+ smartphone
- Microphone/Speaker on watch
0.1.1 - 2019.05.17 -improved auto recconect / launch android app stability 0.1.0 - 2019.05.11 - code cleanup - support for external credentials.json file for testers - improved stability - auto launch AndroidApp - auto reconnect 0.0.2 - 2019.05.07 - real time voice recognition text display - assistant response display - ability to stop assistant talk with press "Listen" again - completely reworked internal logic(once again, I hope last time ) - use of new libraries - changed buffering methods - changed multithreading libraries Initial post: 05.05.2019
Get the latest version on my Google drive:
1) Install apk on Android 8.0+ phone
2) Install tpk file on Tizen watch - use this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...tions-t3639793
(re-sign the tpk using the method from guide, then install tpk using sdb which comes with tizen-studio)
3) Get the credentials.json file as I wrote in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...9&postcount=36
4) Put the credentials.json file into Phone Internal Storage into credentials folder
5) Start the app on watch.
Q: Will this application be available on other watches than Galaxy Watch?
A: Yes, this application should work on any Samsung watch with Tizen 4.0+ and microphone/speaker.
Q: Will this be a paid app?
A: Yes, but the price shouldn't be more than 2USD. I will consider making it 2 variants Free and Premium.
The app will be free.
Q:Will non speaker watches be supported ?
A: Yes, when I develop the text output.