FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Beta][APP][0.7.0RC - 2019.06.20] GAssist.net - Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch

182 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By Cybernetic87, Senior Member on 5th May 2019, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2019, 06:47 PM |#101  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Butz

That is good. Open TS and keep trying. Look for that "Fingerprint" thing on watch. Try both ports. It took me a LONG time to connect the FIRST time. Frustrating I know.
Turn off windows firewall.

fingerprint thing?

18th May 2019, 06:49 PM |#102  
Flag Hershey Highway
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlord07

fingerprint thing?

The watch will ask something about accepting a connection. I forget what it asks. But you have to accept it on watch.
18th May 2019, 11:25 PM |#103  
Flag Hershey Highway

More
So I tried to connect to my galaxy watch today with Tizen Studio.
Opened T Studio. Device manager, got a little error box. Java Home not set. Didn't get a scr cap.
Had to set path in windows Enviromental Varibles. It worked before. Got erased somehow, like after a boot. IDK.
I just clicked "New" in the top of that window on the right in the screenshot and added it. My win 10 drive is L:\ Yours is probably C:\--- Do NOT USE L:\
You can see my path to Python 3.73. I also have Python 2.7 that I need for PyTiVo. TiVo DVR.

Here is what it looks like when connected.
Today, it seems to connect automatically every time I open Tizen Studio. Might need to reconnect in device manager after a reboot. Not sure yet.
Somehow, just now the font got huge in TS. I have a 65 inch 4K monitor set at 175%
It is cool to watch that log scrolling. Gets fast.

19th May 2019, 11:06 AM |#104  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 0

More
high sound
i installed app. its connected very well. its listens good. But asistant's sound too high and i cant set this on my gear s3 system sound settings.
20th May 2019, 10:06 AM |#105  
Flag Salento, Italy
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernetic87

4) Put the credentials.json file into Phone Internal Storage into credentials folder

Can someone please explain me this step?

Where is this folder exactly located?
I don't see it in my phone internal storage...

Also there is no guide on how to generate the credentials with Python on Windows.
The Google page talks only about Raspberry/Linux...
20th May 2019, 10:41 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4z33

Can someone please explain me this step?

Where is this folder exactly located?
I don't see it in my phone internal storage...

Also there is no guide on how to generate the credentials with Python on Windows.
The Google page talks only about Raspberry/Linux...

You have to manually make the folder in the root of internal memory. Credentials is the exact folder,

The json thing is explained in a post above I think
The Following User Says Thank You to sebas_tytn2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebas_tytn2 Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 01:21 PM |#107  
Flag Salento, Italy
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebas_tytn2

You have to manually make the folder in the root of internal memory. Credentials is the exact folder,

The json thing is explained in a post above I think

Thanks mate I will look for that post then.
20th May 2019, 03:18 PM |#108  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 74

More
finally got everything running perfectly its not as seemless but wayyy better than bixby anyone got the new one ui update
20th May 2019, 05:03 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:

finally got everything running perfectly its not as seemless but wayyy better than bixby anyone got the new one ui update

No not yet unfortunately (42mm BT in netherlands)
Friend of mine with the 46mm has received it...
20th May 2019, 05:12 PM |#110  
Flag Hershey Highway

More
Quote:

Gratts dude! ( ͡ _ ͡°)ノ⚲ ♫
Took a while to get that first connection didn't it?
Cheers!

Who else has this AMAZING APP GAFGW (Google Assistant for Galaxy Watch) ? Any of the beta testers around? This app is part of HISTORY!

Buy the dev. some coffee! We have to keep the GENIUS author of this app motivated.! I will gladly donate monthly!

Just heard about the update. Gonna read into it. Hope it doesn't break anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dixon Butz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dixon Butz Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 05:17 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253

Donate to Me
More
Meh... I'm already afraid of this:
"The update also adds better battery optimization — the watches will automatically close apps operating in the background to prevent battery drain."

I wonder if this update maybe brings Tizen 5.0 to our watches? API is already available and I saw some nice stuff there which I could use in my app.

I haven't sorted out yet how to manage the current app lifecycle and they're going to change it

The plan is to keep the app in the memory if possible (just for faster start). Anyway I'm trying to add funcionality to detect if the app was launched by double click home button - in this case I would start recording automatically.
So - ordinary start - no auto record(push to talk).
Start by double click - auto record(auto listen).

Anyway big update is coming to GAssist as well, stay tuned guys - there will be a lot of core / stability changes, UI changes and more.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cybernetic87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cybernetic87 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)