replacing bezel ring

Search This thread

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Hi folks,

Seeing how easy it is to scratch the bezel ring on the galaxy watch, I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the bezel ring on their galaxy watch and what the process for doing so? Is it the same as for the gear s3? I've seen some posts and videos for the gear s3 but not for the galaxy watch, but if it's the same then I can follow the same guides which looks simple enough.

P.s. these are what I found for the gear s3

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Gear+S3+Frontier+Bezel+Ring+Replacement/114371

?t=268

Cheers,
Huey.

Reactions: burrzoo

burrzoo

Aug 10, 2007
Hi folks,

Seeing how easy it is to scratch the bezel ring on the galaxy watch, I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the bezel ring on their galaxy watch and what the process for doing so? Is it the same as for the gear s3? I've seen some posts and videos for the gear s3 but not for the galaxy watch, but if it's the same then I can follow the same guides which looks simple enough.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Gear+S3+Frontier+Bezel+Ring+Replacement/114371

?t=268

Cheers,
Huey.
Mine is scratched too. Very annoying but an Amazon seller has thin, stick on replacement that have gotten good reviews. Might be an alternative for you to fix this issue? They make them for both 42mm & 46mm.
Ringke Bezel Styling for Galaxy Watch 46mm / Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier & Classic Bezel Ring Adhesive Cover Anti Scratch Aluminium Protection Tachymeter [Aluminum] for Galaxy Watch Accessory GW-46-08 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGSTFRP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d8KACb3WFDFZ0

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Mine is scratched too. Very annoying but an Amazon seller has thin, stick on replacement that have gotten good reviews. Might be an alternative for you to fix this issue? They make them for both 42mm & 46mm.
Ringke Bezel Styling for Galaxy Watch 46mm / Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier & Classic Bezel Ring Adhesive Cover Anti Scratch Aluminium Protection Tachymeter [Aluminum] for Galaxy Watch Accessory GW-46-08 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGSTFRP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d8KACb3WFDFZ0
Yes I've already ordered one of those but I've also ordered the original Samsung replacement bezel ring as well. The ringke bezel styling is only going to cover up the scratches and although the product itself looks good I'm going to want to change it up and go back to the original at some point.

Reactions: burrzoo

burrzoo

Aug 10, 2007
Yes I've already ordered one of those but I've also ordered the original Samsung replacement bezel ring as well. The ringke bezel styling is only going to cover up the scratches and although the product itself looks good I'm going to want to change it up and go back to the original at some point.
Aha! You are able to order the part! That's great. We will await your full description of the install process. [emoji12]

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Aha! You are able to order the part! That's great. We will await your full description of the install process. [emoji12]

yep, ordering the part was easy. Now I'm just hoping someone can confirm whether or not the process of replacing it is the same as for the Gear S3 Frontier (as per the videos/posts I mentioned)

Vobliks

Feb 5, 2013
yep, ordering the part was easy. Now I'm just hoping someone can confirm whether or not the process of replacing it is the same as for the Gear S3 Frontier (as per the videos/posts I mentioned)

Where can I order this bezel ring? I looked into ebay and amazon and didn't find such thing.

Vobliks

Feb 5, 2013
How was the quality mate?

Sorry, I forgot to reply.
I've been using the new bezel for few weeks now. Everything fits and turns perfectly. Maybe the coating is not as durable, but I might be wrong on this.
Overall the quality is perfect. The price...well it's not cheap. I paid 37 Euros (bezel + shipping).

AND don't forget that rounded ships ONLY the ring. That little plastic thing is not included, so please don't loose or damage it.

I've been using the new bezel for few weeks now. Everything fits and turns perfectly. Maybe the coating is not as durable, but I might be wrong on this.

Overall the quality is perfect. The price...well it's not cheap. I paid 37 Euros (bezel + shipping).

AND don't forget that rounded ships ONLY the ring. That little plastic thing is not included, so please don't loose or damage it.
If you are covering up the scratched (but functional) bezel with another, then that allows you to now be able to easily turn the bezel with a case on the watch (which was originally my main complaint) about the cases. And, you can see that without the case, those Ringke bezels do not stick out much either.... 20190525_105413.jpg20190527_105232.jpg

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac

Reactions: burrzoo and Vobliks

m._o._j._a._v._e._

May 29, 2019
If you are covering up the scratched (but functional) bezel with another, then that allows you to now be able to easily turn the bezel with a case on the watch (which was originally my main complaint) about the cases. And, you can see that without the case, those Ringke bezels do not stick out much either....View attachment 4766572View attachment 4766573

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac

Hey Kruse,

Where did you get that awesome bracelet (the light one)? It looks like it fits the watch natively.
Could you share a link for it?

viorel_iulian

Sep 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Just a quick question, please. Do you have any idea how one can remove the aftermarket bezel ring, may it be from Ringke or a cheap one from Aliexpress? I have one and got tired of it and want to replace it with another one, but it's very well glued to the watch...

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Just a quick question, please. Do you have any idea how one can remove the aftermarket bezel ring, may it be from Ringke or a cheap one from Aliexpress? I have one and got tired of it and want to replace it with another one, but it's very well glued to the watch...
Just heat it up to a warm temperature making the adhesive soften up and use dental floss to cut through the adhesive.

Reactions: viorel_iulian

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch

Hair Blower with different temperature controls works well...

Reactions: viorel_iulian

BRazvy

Dec 21, 2014
the grey strap looks like the V-Morro one with addional clips for the Gear S3 and Galaxy Watch, also found on amazon, i have the black version,and it looks amazing

Hey Kruse,

Where did you get that awesome bracelet (the light one)? It looks like it fits the watch natively.

Could you share a link for it?
Yes it is! It is designed so there is NO GAP between the band and the watch. The screen shot attached shows why it is superior to other bands - the link connecting to the watch itself is solid and not hollow. These are both 46mm only -

Here is the link to the silver band:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q859LD5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8WLlDb1AJ4Q17

And here is the link to the other (black) band:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3TLQ4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P1LlDbJM1Q73BView attachment 4793157

- R. Kruse Ludington

UnholyThirst

Jul 24, 2019
Be careful of misleading bands

Yes it is! It is designed so there is NO GAP between the band and the watch. The screen shot attached shows why it is superior to other bands - the link connecting to the watch itself is solid and not hollow. These are both 46mm only -

Here is the link to the silver band:

.amazon.com/dp/B07Q859LD5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8WLlDb1AJ4Q17[/url]

And here is the link to the other (black) band:

w.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3TLQ4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P1LlDbJM1Q73B[/url]View attachment 4793157

- R. Kruse Ludington

Be careful with that first link of silver band. I got my first one there cheap and although they originally had a display photo of a no gap band, the rest of their photos have a gap. I bought it and turns out it had a gap and they refunded me $10 which I used to by an $80 no gap band off Amazon.

Just some advice to be careful on which band you get.

Cfowler1225

Apr 22, 2019
Does anyone know if the gear s3 frontier turning bezel ring can be used on the galaxy watch too? Since the springs and bearings are the same on both watches did they use the same bezel just different design?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you are covering up the scratched (but functional) bezel with another, then that allows you to now be able to easily turn the bezel with a case on the watch (which was originally my main complaint) about the cases. And, you can see that without the case, those Ringke bezels do not stick out much either....20190525_105413.jpg20190527_105232.jpg

- R. Kruse Ludington

Hi folks,

?t=268

Cheers,
    Huey.
    Where can I order this bezel ring? I looked into ebay and amazon and didn't find such thing.
    Look for ringke bezel
    Look for ringke bezel
    Thanks!
    I already ordered from rounded.com/smartwatches. I'll post here about the quality, when I receive it.