samsung galaxy watch. Is it any chance to connect with samsung galaxy tabS2LTE

Search This thread

xess

Jun 23, 2008
I've bought this watch and didnt know about non compalibty with samsung tablet...LOL.
so i've a choice ruturn or...?
i've install from apk wearable (scan and doesnt see any watch)... in my opinion problem is with BT connection...
tablet see the watch but connection is for 1sek and brake...
Mayby root will help?
ive changed in buildprop ro.product and ro.build.characterisics... but id doesnt work permanent without root...
If not mayby some sugestions?

ieee3

Jun 21, 2019
Tablet, Cant connect to Samsung Watch Active in Wearable App

I've bought this watch and didnt know about non compalibty with samsung tablet...LOL.
so i've a choice ruturn or...?
i've install from apk wearable (scan and doesnt see any watch)... in my opinion problem is with BT connection...
tablet see the watch but connection is for 1sek and brake...
Mayby root will help?
ive changed in buildprop ro.product and ro.build.characterisics... but id doesnt work permanent without root...
If not mayby some sugestions?

same problem here:

Samsung Watch Active, >>
samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/
Asked Samsung Community but I think its a hacky one because they dont support tablets...
>>
us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Tablet-Cant-connect-to-Samsung-Watch-Active-in-Wearable-App/m-p/693840#M11325

I can connect it in the Health App I got everything from apkmirror.com:
Samsung accessory 3.1.93
Gearplugin 2.2.07
Watchmanager 2.2.24

The problem is that Samsung Health app uses Wearable app (Watchmanager 2.2.24 ) to configure it I think. Because Code exchange for pairing works fine. (Bluetooth, BLE works)
1. But it gets stuck on the watch saying:
->On Samsung Smart Watch (Active)
"Check your phone to complete setup"
2. Tablet shows of course a error:
"Check whether your system software is compatible or needs to be aupdated, then try again."

The newest wearable App(
Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) 2.2.24.19031361
April 6, 2019) blocks all Watches I can only see(earpods) :)
-> Galaxy Buds
-> or Gear IconX

What kind of solutions are possible?

ieee3

Jun 21, 2019
Tablet, Samsung Wearable App (rules.xml)

I found a rules.xml File in the
com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_2.2.24.19031361-2119031361_minAPI18(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

[1.0] This guy managed to sign it so it runs on his phone:
getgui.com/blog/android/how-to-connect-use-pair-samsung-gear-fit2-devices-less-than-1-5gb-ram/

There it is in every watch rule the tablet is disabled ->:
supportTablet="false"
Code:
<module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gearpplugin" pluginName="com.samsung.android.gearpplugin">
            <devices>
                <group name="Galaxy Pulse">
                    <item supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="false">Galaxy Pulse</item>
                    <item supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="false">Galaxy Watch Active</item>
                </group>
            </devices>
            <additional-packages>
                <package onlyForNonSamsung="true" optional="false">com.samsung.accessory</package>
            </additional-packages>
        </module-info>

For comparing the earpods are enabled:
supportTablet="true"
<module-info pluginName="com.samsung.accessory.beansmgr" >
<devices>
<group name="Gear IconX" customPairing="false">
<item connectAudio="true" hostMinMemory="0" icon="oobe_drawer_ic_bud" supportMultiConnection="true" supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="true">Gear IconX</item>
<item connectAudio="true" hostMinMemory="0" icon="oobe_drawer_ic_bud" supportMultiConnection="true" supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="true">Gear IconX 2</item>
</group>
</devices>
</module-info>

I tried to edit the rules.xml with Notepad++ and signed it with my own key so I can install it but ofcourse thats not working the app starts and says:
Signed it like this: URL: dzone.com/articles/android-solution-install-parse-1
Notice
The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorised way, and is not compatible with the Samsung Gear app. Check your operating system and try again

On the page [1.0] the guy is telling:
If you have a Samsung phone and are getting “The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way, and is not compatible with the Galaxy Wearable app. Check your operating system and try again.” error click here.

The reason for this error is that the Galaxy Wearable app does some additional security checks when installed on a Samsung phone and refuses to start due to its package signature mismatch. To get around this issue, phone needs to present itself to the Galaxy Wearable app as a non-Samsung device. This can be accomplished by modifying the build.prop file; phone needs to be rooted in order to do this.

1. Install BuildProp Editor from Play Store
2. When BuildProp Editor app is started for the first time, Super User dialog box may open and ask if you wish to grant root access to it. Select Grant or Allow
3. Open the BuildProp Editor app, scroll to the ro.product.brand and ro.product.manufacturer entries and change both values from samsung to HTC or some other brand.
2. Reboot your phone, open the BuildProp Editor app again and check if changes are still there. If entries were not reverted back to samsung after reboot, Galaxy Wearable app should now open without issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: alkr

alkr

Feb 16, 2018

com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager_2.2.24.19031361-2119031361_minAPI18(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

getgui.com/blog/android/how-to-connect-use-pair-samsung-gear-fit2-devices-less-than-1-5gb-ram/

supportTablet="false"
Code:
<module-info containerName="com.samsung.android.gearpplugin" pluginName="com.samsung.android.gearpplugin">
            <devices>
                </group>
            </devices>
            <additional-packages>
                <package onlyForNonSamsung="true" optional="false">com.samsung.accessory</package>
            </additional-packages>
        </module-info>

supportTablet="true"

I tried to edit the rules.xml with Notepad++ and signed it with my own key so I can install it but ofcourse thats not working the app starts and says:

If you have a Samsung phone and are getting “The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorized way, and is not compatible with the Galaxy Wearable app. Check your operating system and try again.” error click here.

The reason for this error is that the Galaxy Wearable app does some additional security checks when installed on a Samsung phone and refuses to start due to its package signature mismatch. To get around this issue, phone needs to present itself to the Galaxy Wearable app as a non-Samsung device. This can be accomplished by modifying the build.prop file; phone needs to be rooted in order to do this.

2. When BuildProp Editor app is started for the first time, Super User dialog box may open and ask if you wish to grant root access to it. Select Grant or Allow
3. Open the BuildProp Editor app, scroll to the ro.product.brand and ro.product.manufacturer entries and change both values from samsung to HTC or some other brand.
2. Reboot your phone, open the BuildProp Editor app again and check if changes are still there. If entries were not reverted back to samsung after reboot, Galaxy Wearable app should now open without issues.

Wow!!!
Thanks for this. I haven't tried yet, because rooting is not my comfort zone.
Would this also allow "Samsung Health" to work on Tab S2 8.0 LTE?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

supportTablet="false"
    Code:
                <devices>
                    </group>
                </devices>
                <additional-packages>
                </additional-packages>
            </module-info>

supportTablet="true"
    <module-info pluginName="com.samsung.accessory.beansmgr" >
    <devices>
    <group name="Gear IconX" customPairing="false">
    <item connectAudio="true" hostMinMemory="0" icon="oobe_drawer_ic_bud" supportMultiConnection="true" supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="true">Gear IconX</item>
    <item connectAudio="true" hostMinMemory="0" icon="oobe_drawer_ic_bud" supportMultiConnection="true" supportNonSamsung="true" supportTablet="true">Gear IconX 2</item>
    </group>
    </devices>
    </module-info>

Notice
    The operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorised way, and is not compatible with the Samsung Gear app. Check your operating system and try again