FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Pay + Galaxy Watch (Not visible)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ronaldcuadra, Junior Member on 10th December 2018, 01:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello community, I hope you are fine.

I bought recently a Galaxy Watch and I noticed that Samsung Pay was not on it, at least it's not being displayed, I synchronize it with my Note 8 and still nothing.
This watch has been made in Samsung Vietnam and the model of course is the SM-R800:

Tizen 4.0.0.1
Software R800XXU1BRK3
Know version 2.3.0

From my Galaxy Note 8 I am using without any issues Samsung Pay, but I can't make it appears into my watch.
I live in France which is totally available Samsung Pay.

Any suggestions? Looking in Internet I could see that people are having the same issue and it's fixed with a new Rom from other country different than the one I have but I can't find any source and neither how to do it.

CSC issue?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

11th December 2018, 01:38 AM |#2  

More
Hey, I have exactly the same problem. Everything is working on my phone, but because my galaxy watch is an international one I don't have Samsung Pay.
I'll be really happy if someone has a solution .
Thanks !
21st December 2018, 04:33 PM |#3  
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin40

Hey, I have exactly the same problem. Everything is working on my phone, but because my galaxy watch is an international one I don't have Samsung Pay.
I'll be really happy if someone has a solution .
Thanks !

My phone (Note 8) and watch (46mm LTE version) are both Verizon OEM, neither rooted. Phone has Samsung Pay which works well. I had to install Samsung Pay on the watch, and the credit cards did NOT sync automatically. When you add credit cards to the watch it gives you the option to enter a new one from scratch or "Import" card/s from your phone. I selected import and you have to do one card at a time. Also about a third of the time, the import does not take and you have to re-do it. Also you still need the physical cards with you because for each import you need to re-verify the CCD. Lastly, I noticed when doing one of the imports, for one of the cards it thought that card was already on two other instances of Samsung Pay (my old Note 5, and my Note 8 presumably). I do not see any issue with having to do it this way - they try to be extremely careful with this credit card information and it's better to be safe than sorry!

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac
29th December 2018, 06:22 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldcuadra

From my Galaxy Note 8 I am using without any issues Samsung Pay, but I can't make it appears into my watch.
I live in France which is totally available Samsung Pay.

Any suggestions? Looking in Internet I could see that people are having the same issue and it's fixed with a new Rom from other country different than the one I have but I can't find any source and neither how to do it.

CSC issue?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue where Samsung Pay did not appear on my watch. I reset the watch and reconnected it with my phone. After the reconnection setup has finished, few minutes later Samsung Pay appeared on the watch.
26th February 2019, 07:47 PM |#5  

More
Hello everyone.
I have a Galaxy Watch 46mm bought in France (serial number: R5AKA0GCX9T). Samsung Pay not yet available on the watch in France.
I also have a MAX pay card and a Xiaomi Pocophone phone with Android 9.
Before making the CSC switch, I would like to know if it is imperative to have a Samsung brand phone for it to work?
I ask the question if someone was successful with a non-Samsung phone, knowing that Samsung Pay is available only on the phones of the brand.
So basically it is imperative to have Samsung Pay installed on the phone so that it works?
Thanks for your help
26th February 2019, 09:27 PM |#6  
Flag Gasteiz
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCN06

Hello everyone.
I have a Galaxy Watch 46mm bought in France (serial number: R5AKA0GCX9T). Samsung Pay not yet available on the watch in France.
I also have a MAX pay card and a Xiaomi Pocophone phone with Android 9.
Before making the CSC switch, I would like to know if it is imperative to have a Samsung brand phone for it to work?
I ask the question if someone was successful with a non-Samsung phone, knowing that Samsung Pay is available only on the phones of the brand.
So basically it is imperative to have Samsung Pay installed on the phone so that it works?
Thanks for your help

Try to not necro old posts please.
And for your question, no, it's not necessary to have samsung pay on the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackCatO8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackCatO8 Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 03:47 PM |#7  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I have a Samsung galaxy watch 42mm and Nokia 7 Plus, i live in India, since i got the watch there is no option of Samsung pay in Galaxy wear app. I manually installed latest Samsung pay plugin ( https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-5906-release/ ) , and changed the region to Australia and after that when i paired the watch again with galaxy wear app Samsung pay is showing in it, and i then followed the instructions in the app to set it up.

I followed the below instructions samsung pay works on my nokia 7 plus.

You do NOT need root.
But this is how you do it.

1. So first, download SDBstarterKidv1 from the following link please:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=330

WARNING: This will reset your watch, so make sure you back it up so you can restore it later.

2. Next make sure your watch is set up as follows:
- Debugging Mode turned ON
- Connect watch to WiFi and get its IP address (To find the IP address on Galaxy Watch: Settings > Connections > Wifi > Wifi Networks > [your network] > Scroll down to IP address)

3. Next, from SDBstarterKidv1 double click on 'install.bat' (it will not install, it just flashes a window, but this step is required)
4. From the subfolder data\tools double click on 'sdb.exe' (it will not install, it just flashes a window, but this step is required too)

After noting IP address of the Galaxy Watch, Launch ‘Ansicon.exe’ from sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools (this thing will open a command prompt window, and all the action is done here)

5. Type: sdb connect [IP of Galaxy Watch]

6. Look at Galaxy Watch, it will prompt you to accept a message
7. If you try the sdb connect [IP address] again, it will say "already connected". This means we are connected and good to continue.

8. Type: sdb shell and Enter

9. Copy Paste: launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration and Enter

So this lets you change the region of the watch. Now for me I changed mine to Austrailia. The code for Austrailia is XSA

Once the watch is reset, pair it back up with your phone.

10. Once pared with your phone you will need to:
- Turn on developer mode again
- Turn on debugging mode
- Turn off the watch and turn it back on again.
- You may need to wait a few minutes.

11. Once you have done this, you can open the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app and go to settings. When you scroll down you should see samsung pay.
If you dont see pay, hold down the back button (Top right button) on the watch till samsung pay opens up and follow the instuctions to set it up. But initially the Samsung pay app is not recognising my compatible Indian Debit and Credit card and not allowing me to add, i thought this might be that i had changed the region to Australia, but i tried again after an hour and then to my surprise i am able to add all my 4 cards to Samsung pay app , and it is working also, i tried a payment at NFC enabled terminal and payment works flawlessly

Enjoy your new watch with Samsung Pay enabled
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)