I have a Samsung galaxy watch 42mm and Nokia 7 Plus, i live in India, since i got the watch there is no option of Samsung pay in Galaxy wear app. I manually installed latest Samsung pay plugin ( https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-5906-release/
) , and changed the region to Australia and after that when i paired the watch again with galaxy wear app Samsung pay is showing in it, and i then followed the instructions in the app to set it up.
I followed the below instructions samsung pay works on my nokia 7 plus.
You do NOT need root.
But this is how you do it.
1. So first, download SDBstarterKidv1 from the following link please:
WARNING: This will reset your watch, so make sure you back it up so you can restore it later.
2. Next make sure your watch is set up as follows:
- Debugging Mode turned ON
- Connect watch to WiFi and get its IP address (To find the IP address on Galaxy Watch: Settings > Connections > Wifi > Wifi Networks > [your network] > Scroll down to IP address)
3. Next, from SDBstarterKidv1 double click on 'install.bat' (it will not install, it just flashes a window, but this step is required)
4. From the subfolder data\tools double click on 'sdb.exe' (it will not install, it just flashes a window, but this step is required too)
After noting IP address of the Galaxy Watch, Launch ‘Ansicon.exe’ from sdb_2.2.60_windows-64\data\tools (this thing will open a command prompt window, and all the action is done here)
5. Type: sdb connect [IP of Galaxy Watch]
6. Look at Galaxy Watch, it will prompt you to accept a message
7. If you try the sdb connect [IP address] again, it will say "already connected". This means we are connected and good to continue.
8. Type: sdb shell and Enter
9. Copy Paste: launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration and Enter
So this lets you change the region of the watch. Now for me I changed mine to Austrailia. The code for Austrailia is XSA
Once the watch is reset, pair it back up with your phone.
10. Once pared with your phone you will need to:
- Turn on developer mode again
- Turn on debugging mode
- Turn off the watch and turn it back on again.
- You may need to wait a few minutes.
11. Once you have done this, you can open the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app and go to settings. When you scroll down you should see samsung pay.
If you dont see pay, hold down the back button (Top right button) on the watch till samsung pay opens up and follow the instuctions to set it up. But initially the Samsung pay app is not recognising my compatible Indian Debit and Credit card and not allowing me to add, i thought this might be that i had changed the region to Australia, but i tried again after an hour and then to my surprise i am able to add all my 4 cards to Samsung pay app , and it is working also, i tried a payment at NFC enabled terminal and payment works flawlessly
Enjoy your new watch with Samsung Pay enabled