SM-R805F: CSC Change Howto, eSIM RSP v2.x Support

Search This thread

ecoco1

Oct 29, 2006
SM-R805F, bought in Germany.

Changing CSC works flawlessly on this one, the usual method:

* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection)
* Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration
* Choose CSC, wait for the watch to reset, all done. SPay works as well now.

eSIM: The Gear S3 LTE models have eSIM RSP v1.x, in case anybody was wondering why LTE/3G connections were not possible in many countries (where operators are probably a bit concerned or regulated WRT security).
Galaxy Watch (well, at least my SM-R805F) supports ONLY RSP v2.x, which means it will work on most European carriers, including Telekom.de. From esim-server, in IDA:

Gear S3: std::string::string(&v8, "/gsma/rsp1/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", &v7);
Galaxy Watch: sub_64FD4(&v14, "/gsma/rsp2/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", "");

Thanks Samsung.

Small update:
The activation of the eSIM should be done on the same CSC as the eSIM network and the mobile phone paired. Once the eSIM is provisioned and the watch has GSM connectivity, the CSC can be changed again, the eSIM profile will stay.

Last edited:

v1rtu4l

Jul 18, 2008
Samsung pay does not work in Germany right now. The app is not available in the app store. Would your procedure allow me to use Samsung pay in Germany?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

ecoco1

Oct 29, 2006
Samsung Pay works in Germany as a payment method. If you want to enroll your card, it must be supported, which means your bank must accept you to use the card they issued in SPay. I do not know of any German bank that accepts it ... I personally usr a foreign card with SPay (Swiss). It works on all NFC terminals.

v1rtu4l

Jul 18, 2008
It is more about the app not being available for my region (Germany). It is not officially released around here yet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

ecoco1

Oct 29, 2006
The app on the watch as well as the SPay companion app on the phone (not to be confused with the one that allows one to pay with the phone) will become available as soon as you change the CSC, say to Italy. If you find a card you can enroll, you can pay with the watch, but not with the phone. The SPay for the phone and the one for the watch are two different animals.

P.S. The original post instructions are just for changing the CSC and getting SPay to run on the watch. How to find a bank to provide a credit card that supports it is a long story that we do not really want to start discussing here.

Last edited:
Reactions: adfree

Jenoin

Jun 30, 2010
Hi, I have a Korean SM-R810 and I am very interested in changing it to a US CSC for Samsung pay. You mention aboove that you used the "usual method" is there a thread you could recommend as a guide to the usual method? I searched and came up with this:
https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/how-to/succesfully-changed-csc-to-xar-to-t3718236

However, I am not sure where you got your mom files, and I can't seem to find any that would be applicable to my model either. My watch is an SM-R810NZDAKOO. The model I want to change it to is SM-R810NZDAXAR.

Thanks for any assistance.

ecoco1

Oct 29, 2006
Hi, I have a Korean SM-R810 and I am very interested in changing it to a US CSC for Samsung pay. You mention aboove that you used the "usual method" is there a thread you could recommend as a guide to the usual method? I searched and came up with this:

However, I am not sure where you got your mom files, and I can't seem to find any that would be applicable to my model either. My watch is an SM-R810NZDAKOO. The model I want to change it to is SM-R810NZDAXAR.

What I did was far easier, but I don't know if the same will work on your model:
* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection) e.g. run sdb shell and you should be getting a shell prompt on the watch
* Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration - a list of the available CSC codes will be shown on the watch screen for you to choose from
That's all - no need to flash anything, the watch will either let you change the CSC or not - mine works.

Good luck, and please let me know if it worked out for you.

eloisant

Apr 6, 2011
What's CSC?

Does that mean you can change the region of the watch, i.e. buying it in US or Korea and make it identical to one bought in Europe regarding Samsung Pay?

ecoco1

Oct 29, 2006
What's CSC?

Does that mean you can change the region of the watch, i.e. buying it in US or Korea and make it identical to one bought in Europe regarding Samsung Pay?

Yes. You cannot change the model, e.g. SM-R805U to SM-R805F, but often the firmware contains the CSC for multiple countries / regions. In such cases you can switch between them - again, if the firmware allows it.

M

madneit

Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre?

Could you help explain what is Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration, is this a application or a command?

Last edited:

Jenoin

Jun 30, 2010
What I did was far easier, but I don't know if the same will work on your model:
* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection) e.g. run sdb shell and you should be getting a shell prompt on the watch
* Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration - a list of the available CSC codes will be shown on the watch screen for you to choose from
That's all - no need to flash anything, the watch will either let you change the CSC or not - mine works.

I can't get it to work yet, after a lot of trouble I was unable to get it to connect directly to watch over WiFi. The rsa notification would never come up on the watch.

I then attempted to connect via USB through my phone (Essential PH-1) which worked ok. However, when I run "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration" I get the response "/system/bin/sh: launch_app: not found"

Any advice? An ls of /system/bin does not show a launch_app command.

Thanks for any assistance!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I connected my S3 up using the same process and it also didn't work, so I think the issue is that I am only connecting to the phone and not connecting to the watch at all. Not sure how to correct this issue.

Jenoin

Jun 30, 2010
I did get my S3 to connect using wifi, it appears that nothing I do will enable the SM-R810 to connect over wifi, I have even installed galaxy watch designer and it is unable to connect to the watch. The RSA authorization just never appears and GWD acts like it didn't detect anything.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

:)

I finally got it working. I have no idea why I had so much trouble. Steps that I took in order:
* Using Windows 10
* I started by enabling debugging and developer mode and enabling wifi, connecting and getting IP address.
Tried using SDB 2.26 found here https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74585286&postcount=330
- This didn't work, I couldn't see my watch over wifi at all, tried it over and over, never saw the RSA authentication popup, got errors saying it couldn't find device or something (Not "connecting to 192.168.1.118:26101 ... device unauthorized. Please approve on your device.")

Installed Tizen Studio
Installed Galaxy Watch Designer
Tried to connect using Galaxy watch designer, basically same as above but now with a pretty GUI that gave no feedback on why it wasn't working.
Tried to connect over usb cable to phone through BT. SDBoverBT installed on phone but kept giving an error that it wouldn't work to check SPP or BT connection.
GWD did detect my phone just fine though.
I noticed that my S3 would also not connect through my phone at this point. I never figured out why I couldn't get a wired/BT connection to work. Does this maybe require a Samsung phone? Mine is a PH-1.

I did a factory reset on my watch around this point and tried again with GWD but no luck.

Tried using Tizen Studio version of SDB
When starting SDB from Tizen Studio package I would get "* The version of SDB client (3.1.7) and server (2.3.0) are different. This may cause version compatibility problems. It is recommended to use SDB server 3.1.7. *"
According to other forums this was fine. But it wasn't working for me so I decided to try and get rid of the message. I tried to kill the server and restart but it just kept saying the same message. Finally I closed GWD and then killed the server and got the message "info: Server is not running" Great!
Now with server 3.1.7 running I could see the watch finally. I repeatedly tried to connect and finally got the right message "connecting to 192.168.1.118:26101 ... device unauthorized. Please approve on your device."
But the notification didn't popup on the watch. I restarted the watch for about the 10th time and tried to connect again. this time it finally got the RSA popup!

Success!
My Korean SM-R810 (SM-R810NZDAKOO) is now a US model SM-R810 (SM-R810NZDAXAR) by changing CSC. This turned out to be a lot of work to save $40 (Ebay) but I did really want Samsung pay, and it wasn't really worth trying to send it back to Korea.

For those interested, there were about 40 different CSC options available. If useful I can provide a list.

Thanks to the OP for the guide.

M

madneit

Good stuff

Great stuff am happy you got it working, hopefully I get mine sorted soon as well. Having connection issues also

eloisant

Apr 6, 2011
Good to see it works Jenoin!

Could you post a list of available CSC? I'm planning to buy a Korean watch too (really cheap in Seoul airport duty free) and I'd like to confirm I can set it to a French CSC.

Jenoin

Jun 30, 2010
Good to see it works Jenoin!

Could you post a list of available CSC? I'm planning to buy a Korean watch too (really cheap in Seoul airport duty free) and I'd like to confirm I can set it to a French CSC.

After I posted that it was 40 before I was kind of second guessing myself, because it didn't seem like it could be so many.

I was way off, it was actually 70! Hope some people find this useful. I still had some trouble this time getting SDB connected. What seemed to work, is to make sure you have enabled developer mode, debugging, and wifi. Restart and wait a couple minutes for it to complete any startup routine that may be running in the background. Ensure the screen is ON but at the home screen/main watch face and then attempt to connect via IP.

XAR ACR AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BRI BTU BVO
CAC CAM CHC CHO COO DBT ECT EGY EUR ILO
INU ITV KOO KSA LUX LYS MID MWD MXO MYM
NEE NPL PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK
SER SKZ TGY THO THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN
TUR UPO UYO XAC XEF XEH XEO XEZ XFA XJP
XME XNZ XSA XSE XSG XSK XSP XTC XXV ZTO

Out of curiosity, what is the price at the duty free store in Korea?

Good luck!

Last edited:
M

madneit

Samsung pay

I successfully changed my region from Korea to EUR and I have not received any prompt for Samsung pay. It's been over 6 hours now. Anyone know how long it should take?

Last edited:

Madenit

Oct 14, 2018
Samsung pay

I successfully changed my region from Korea to EUR and I have not received any prompt for Samsung pay. It's been over 6 hours now. Anyone know how long it should take? I have a non Samsung android phone

casper1

Sep 9, 2007
I followed this and restarted, restarted and restarted.... still no RSA prompt, any hints to help please?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

After I posted that it was 40 before I was kind of second guessing myself, because it didn't seem like it could be so many.

I was way off, it was actually 70! Hope some people find this useful. I still had some trouble this time getting SDB connected. What seemed to work, is to make sure you have enabled developer mode, debugging, and wifi. Restart and wait a couple minutes for it to complete any startup routine that may be running in the background. Ensure the screen is ON but at the home screen/main watch face and then attempt to connect via IP.

XAR ACR AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BRI BTU BVO
CAC CAM CHC CHO COO DBT ECT EGY EUR ILO
INU ITV KOO KSA LUX LYS MID MWD MXO MYM
NEE NPL PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK
SER SKZ TGY THO THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN
TUR UPO UYO XAC XEF XEH XEO XEZ XFA XJP
XME XNZ XSA XSE XSG XSK XSP XTC XXV ZTO

Out of curiosity, what is the price at the duty free store in Korea?

Good luck!

I followed this and restarted, restarted and restarted.... still no RSA prompt, any hints to help please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SM-R805F, bought in Germany.

Changing CSC works flawlessly on this one, the usual method:

* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection)
    * Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration
    * Choose CSC, wait for the watch to reset, all done. SPay works as well now.

eSIM: The Gear S3 LTE models have eSIM RSP v1.x, in case anybody was wondering why LTE/3G connections were not possible in many countries (where operators are probably a bit concerned or regulated WRT security).
    Galaxy Watch (well, at least my SM-R805F) supports ONLY RSP v2.x, which means it will work on most European carriers, including Telekom.de. From esim-server, in IDA:

Gear S3: std::string::string(&v8, "/gsma/rsp1/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", &v7);
    Galaxy Watch: sub_64FD4(&v14, "/gsma/rsp2/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", "");

Thanks Samsung.

Small update:
    The activation of the eSIM should be done on the same CSC as the eSIM network and the mobile phone paired. Once the eSIM is provisioned and the watch has GSM connectivity, the CSC can be changed again, the eSIM profile will stay.
    The app on the watch as well as the SPay companion app on the phone (not to be confused with the one that allows one to pay with the phone) will become available as soon as you change the CSC, say to Italy. If you find a card you can enroll, you can pay with the watch, but not with the phone. The SPay for the phone and the one for the watch are two different animals.

P.S. The original post instructions are just for changing the CSC and getting SPay to run on the watch. How to find a bank to provide a credit card that supports it is a long story that we do not really want to start discussing here.

What's CSC?

Yes. You cannot change the model, e.g. SM-R805U to SM-R805F, but often the firmware contains the CSC for multiple countries / regions. In such cases you can switch between them - again, if the firmware allows it.
    Yes, both enabled.
    Factory reset seem didn't trigger the prompt, i reset multiple times.

I don't know what else to tell you to try. If you are using tizen studio, you are using the same version of sdb as I am. I never got it working with the older one. If you are able to see the watch as unauthorized, that should mean that you don't have an issue with your network. Other than debugging and developer mode, I don't know what else you can try. Maybe one of the other people that got it working can share how iit worked for them.