Remove All Ads from XDA

SM-R805F: CSC Change Howto, eSIM RSP v2.x Support

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By ecoco1, Junior Member on 29th September 2018, 08:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
SM-R805F, bought in Germany.

Changing CSC works flawlessly on this one, the usual method:

* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection)
* Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration
* Choose CSC, wait for the watch to reset, all done. SPay works as well now.

eSIM: The Gear S3 LTE models have eSIM RSP v1.x, in case anybody was wondering why LTE/3G connections were not possible in many countries (where operators are probably a bit concerned or regulated WRT security).
Galaxy Watch (well, at least my SM-R805F) supports ONLY RSP v2.x, which means it will work on most European carriers, including Telekom.de. From esim-server, in IDA:

Gear S3: std::string::string(&v8, "/gsma/rsp1/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", &v7);
Galaxy Watch: sub_64FD4(&v14, "/gsma/rsp2/es9plus/initiateAuthentication", "");

Thanks Samsung.

Small update:
The activation of the eSIM should be done on the same CSC as the eSIM network and the mobile phone paired. Once the eSIM is provisioned and the watch has GSM connectivity, the CSC can be changed again, the eSIM profile will stay.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ecoco1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecoco1 Ad-Free

30th September 2018, 12:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Samsung pay does not work in Germany right now. The app is not available in the app store. Would your procedure allow me to use Samsung pay in Germany?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
30th September 2018, 06:09 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Samsung Pay works in Germany as a payment method. If you want to enroll your card, it must be supported, which means your bank must accept you to use the card they issued in SPay. I do not know of any German bank that accepts it ... I personally usr a foreign card with SPay (Swiss). It works on all NFC terminals.
30th September 2018, 07:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
It is more about the app not being available for my region (Germany). It is not officially released around here yet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
30th September 2018, 08:10 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
The app on the watch as well as the SPay companion app on the phone (not to be confused with the one that allows one to pay with the phone) will become available as soon as you change the CSC, say to Italy. If you find a card you can enroll, you can pay with the watch, but not with the phone. The SPay for the phone and the one for the watch are two different animals.

P.S. The original post instructions are just for changing the CSC and getting SPay to run on the watch. How to find a bank to provide a credit card that supports it is a long story that we do not really want to start discussing here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecoco1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecoco1 Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 02:19 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, I have a Korean SM-R810 and I am very interested in changing it to a US CSC for Samsung pay. You mention aboove that you used the "usual method" is there a thread you could recommend as a guide to the usual method? I searched and came up with this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...ar-to-t3718236

However, I am not sure where you got your mom files, and I can't seem to find any that would be applicable to my model either. My watch is an SM-R810NZDAKOO. The model I want to change it to is SM-R810NZDAXAR.

Thanks for any assistance.
2nd October 2018, 08:26 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenoin

Hi, I have a Korean SM-R810 and I am very interested in changing it to a US CSC for Samsung pay. You mention aboove that you used the "usual method" is there a thread you could recommend as a guide to the usual method? I searched and came up with this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...ar-to-t3718236

However, I am not sure where you got your mom files, and I can't seem to find any that would be applicable to my model either. My watch is an SM-R810NZDAKOO. The model I want to change it to is SM-R810NZDAXAR.

Thanks for any assistance.

What I did was far easier, but I don't know if the same will work on your model:
* Connect via SDB (wireless or wired connection) e.g. run sdb shell and you should be getting a shell prompt on the watch
* Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration - a list of the available CSC codes will be shown on the watch screen for you to choose from
That's all - no need to flash anything, the watch will either let you change the CSC or not - mine works.

Good luck, and please let me know if it worked out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecoco1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecoco1 Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 09:59 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
What's CSC?

Does that mean you can change the region of the watch, i.e. buying it in US or Korea and make it identical to one bought in Europe regarding Samsung Pay?
4th October 2018, 07:34 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloisant

What's CSC?

Does that mean you can change the region of the watch, i.e. buying it in US or Korea and make it identical to one bought in Europe regarding Samsung Pay?

Yes. You cannot change the model, e.g. SM-R805U to SM-R805F, but often the firmware contains the CSC for multiple countries / regions. In such cases you can switch between them - again, if the firmware allows it.
madneit
5th October 2018, 12:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre?
Could you help explain what is Run launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration, is this a application or a command?
5th October 2018, 04:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
This is a command you run from SDB. SDB is a command line application for Samsung hardware:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...0-csc-t3784226

(That's a detailed explanation for the Gear S3, but it should be similar for Galaxy Watch)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)