FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Update firmware with NetOdin

2,167 posts
Thanks Meter: 407

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I noticed that the BSA4 update has been released everywhere except Australia. I've been able to get my hands on the firmware files but do not know how to get the watch to connect with NetOdin.

Has anyone been able to do this? I've seen videos of it for the Gear S2 and Gear S3 but there is no way to "restart" the device, only "power off".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Hieu.
The Following User Says Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free

30th January 2019, 02:04 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Actually nevermind I managed to get it working on my own..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_130214.jpg
Views:	3096
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	4696350   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_130223.jpg
Views:	3088
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	4696351  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free
30th January 2019, 04:59 PM |#3  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 1,954

More
Nice going!
30th January 2019, 06:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
so where you get firmware....and how did you do it...give us a rundown
The Following User Says Thank You to edwardob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edwardob Ad-Free
30th January 2019, 09:10 PM |#5  
Flag Tarbes
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi, have you succeeded? Can you give us a tutorial so that everyone can enjoy it?
30th January 2019, 11:01 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Sure guys. Will put something together later today after work. Getting my hands on the firmware took a bit of searching but managed to find it on a Russian forum.

Will provide a run down of the process and links to the firmware (note: only know where to download the firmware for the 46mm and 42mm Bluetooth version, not the LTE).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 03:03 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
0. This process will factory reset your Watch, so make sure you've backed up everything you need!
1. Hold down the Home button for 6-10 seconds until the message " Rebooting ... "
2. Quickly press Home three times until the Reboot Menu appears. (The menu is available for about 10 seconds, after which the clock goes back to "Rebooting ...")
3. The menu selection is made by long holding Home button. To go into Download (wireless mode) press the home button until "Download (Wireless)" is highlighted, then hold down the Home button.
4. Download mode will load in WPS mode. Press Home twice to change the mode to the AP.
5. Connect to the access point that appears (for example, SM-R800-a2a5) (ODIN for some reason does not see the device if several networks are connected.)
6. Run NetOdin3 and then set the firmware files for BL, AP and CSC, then click Start (Copying/flashing of firmware takes about 20 minutes).
7. After the files are downloaded, the Watch will reboot. Again, hold Home and highlight & select Recovery in the Reboot menu.
8. The "Setting Up" screen and "Resetting" screen should appear and after that the Watch will reboot and boot as usual.

N.B. It is advisable to check whether you have disabled the function "find my watch" or make sure you remember the password to your Samsung Account

Files can be found here for R800 and R810 (46mm and 42mm Bluetooth / Non-LTE G.Watches) and NetOdin3 for Tizen:
R800XXU1BSA4
R810XXU1BSA4
NetOdin3 for Tizen
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 11:57 AM |#8  

More
thanks a lot........but watch not showing in netodin as in the showing connection on the pc.....how do i connect
31st January 2019, 11:59 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardob

thanks a lot........but watch not showing in netodin as in the showing connection on the pc.....how do i connect

Did you connect to the access point of your watch via the wifi settings on your PC?
31st January 2019, 12:26 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey85

Did you connect to the access point of your watch via the wifi settings on your PC?

it did eventually thanks a lot..

by the way where you pick up those files
1st February 2019, 02:00 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardob

it did eventually thanks a lot..

by the way where you pick up those files

from 4pda - it's a russian website that discusses smartphones, smartwatches and so forth.

keep an eye on it for future purposes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huey85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huey85 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)